Bakuretsu Con Volunteer Program
What it means to be a volunteer:
Volunteers also known as gophers, are like the blood cells of the Bakuretsu con body. They help all the parts of the body run. Volunteers mainly sit in the video and event rooms, checking badges and running the films. Volunteers are also asked to help with registration, laminating badges and handing out lanyards and Con books. These are the basic duties of a volunteer that help the convention run smoothly.
What you get for volunteering:
Based on the number of hours you work during the entire weekend, you will get a discount on your badge which will come in the form of a refund after you have worked your hours. If you work 24 hours in total you will also receive a free t-shirt.
Hours Worked Rewards
@ 4 hours - $5 badge reimbursement
@ 8 hours - $10 badge reimbursement
@ 12 hours - $15 badge reimbursement
@ 16 hours - $20 badge reimbursement + T-Shirt
@ 20 hours - Badge refunded + T-Shirt
- 16 years or older as of Bakuretsu Con 2014.
- Pre-registered for the ENTIRE weekend.
- Able to work a minimum of 4 hours over the weekend.
- Remember to be polite to everyone. No matter how rude they may be.
- Uphold all general rules of the convention.
- Volunteers will sign in at registration when they arrive in the morning and leave that night, this also counts for any breaks taken
- After being assigned to an area check in with the staff member in charge of that area.
- If you need a break, check in with the head of volunteers.
Some last bits of information:
- We reserve the right to deny entrance into the volunteer program to any person for any reason.
- If you fail to meet any of the volunteer guidelines your “Gophership” may be revoked. You also may be asked to leave.
If you understand and are capable of meeting these requirements please fill out the online form. If you have questions use the contact us form located here.