Cosplay Chess

What's on tap? Planning is already moving along.

Postby Luinta » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:09 am

I wonder if it would ever be possible to have cosplay Go... XD

THAT would take F-O-R-E-V-E-R-R-R-R-R-R!!! XD And take a LOT of people! XD And a L-O-O-O-T of space! XD
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Gene_Starwind_ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:13 pm

Not if you used a Nine by Nine Board... I don't that would be very fun, though, because all the Pieces would just be Standing there, and there would be no Guaranteed Battles. You also would have a hard time telling which side a Piece was on just by looking.
Meow!

Postby Luinta » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:42 pm

White and Black hats. And every time a piece was captured, you'd get to see four pieces ganging up on the one piece! XD Or 6 on2 etc.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:04 pm

*Cough*

Postby Luinta » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:57 pm

o.O! ...Oh, you are sick...

Postby Gene_Starwind_ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:37 pm

But, especially in a Short 9 by 9 game, there is no Guarantee that Pieces will be Captured. It is not the Main Objective of the Game. Cosplay Shogi would be Different, though, but I don't know how to play Shogi, and I don't know too many people who do.
Meow!

Postby Luinta » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about that too when I thought of Go, but I realized that although it's supposed to be the same thing only different, I wasn't sure just how different it really was.

Postby Gene_Starwind_ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Well, I once saw some People playing Shogi on a Shogi Board and on a DS at the same time, following on the Board what the DS did. They were trying to figure out how to play.
Meow!

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:26 pm

Not a bad way to figure it out...

Postby ~Riku~ » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:58 pm

That was Entirely Scripted. It was different this year from usual. Usually, there is a "Battle Royale" for all of the Pieces remaining on the Board at the end after the Checkmate. They usually happen one at a time, each side having one piece killing a piece on the other side. As for having Death Note be one Side, I would have to say that it would probably depend on who signs up for the Chess. It would not be a good Idea to just Announce that those would be your Pieces and Assume that Cosplayers will just Magically show up in those Cosplays in time for the Chess. It would also be a good Idea to have Alternates if enough people sign up, as not all of them will make it to the Chess. Would you like me to see if I can get you in touch with Ada, the Director of AB's Cosplay Chess? She may be able to help you set up the Forms and Planning. Also, let me know as soon as you get the Sign Up Forms up. I want to Sign Up!

Since this will be my first bakuretsucon I have no idea how many people will be there-but I know at least twenty people that are coming-none of them are going as DN characters, so I gotta agree with the above quote and vote for something more generic that any cosplayer could get involved with rather then dictating such a focused theme.
I'm really up for anything girls vs. boys, sorcerors vs. samurais cthulhus vs raspbaerry jelly (well that would be just messy)
regardless I want in!!!

Postby Luinta » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:54 pm

Why not Good VS Evil? We have a buncha "good" characters VS and "evil" team.

... E.V.I.L. team...

The world can be saved by... S.T.E.A.M!!! XD

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:53 am

How would anyone decide who is good and who is evil?
I mean, who would be the judge?

Postby Luinta » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:11 am

Kira = Evil
Ed Elric = Good
Tachicoma (I'd cosplay this if I had enough Cardboard Boxes to ...redesign! XD) = good! XD

Like that! XD

Postby Endless » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:49 am

Luinta wrote:Kira = Evil
Ed Elric = Good
Tachicoma (I'd cosplay this if I had enough Cardboard Boxes to ...redesign! XD) = good! XD

Like that! XD

But Ed played with forbidden alchemy causing him to get into trouble in the first place so can we REALLy call him good o.O hehe

Then where would L go? And even though Light is Kira, Light is not necessarily EVIL. Oh to draw the lines in this. lol
I always find it interesting trying to decide good and evil.

:: shrugs ::

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:55 pm

See, that is exactly what I meant.

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Planning