For the "Hell" of it...

Looking for a soundtrack or song? Want to talk about anime or game music?

Postby Endless » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:40 pm

pettruchio wrote:I think even if you didn't like the series or not into the whole yaoi scene everyone should still check out the Gravitation music. Its really upbeat and fun. Its the kind of music that you can't help but move to.

As for putting it on my zune....well with the exception of Nightwish, Within Temptation and TransSiberian Orchestra all the music on there is anime related.....

OOoh Nightwish and TransSiberian Orchestra just rock =D I haven't really heard any Within Temptation. . .I would like to at some point though. I hear they are really good!

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:46 pm

They are amazing, they're song Angels...*tear* Awesomes.

Postby pettruchio » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Within Temptation is really awesome. They are used A LOT in AMVs. They are a cross between Nightwish and Evanescence I think. There is an Ah My Goddess (movie) amv that won I think best in show at a convention on the org. Its called Animus. In fact I think it was a finalist in the VCA's.

I have a list made of amvs I want to do and I think I have 13 Within Temptation songs listed on there.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby Endless » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:58 pm

pettruchio wrote:
I have a list made of amvs I want to do and I think I have 13 Within Temptation songs listed on there.

Oh wow!
Isn't it funny how you start picturing AMV ideas to lots of songs? haha. I've never made an AMV but I've also got lots of ideas, just no idea how to execute it, or any time.

Postby pettruchio » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:00 pm

Well when you find the time I can help you with the execution if you like. It took me a long time to finally figure out how to make amvs (ripping dvds was the hardest part for me) and I could give you a copy of the editing software I use. Its a really simple program. Just let me know.

Postby Endless » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:04 pm

pettruchio wrote:Well when you find the time I can help you with the execution if you like. It took me a long time to finally figure out how to make amvs (ripping dvds was the hardest part for me) and I could give you a copy of the editing software I use. Its a really simple program. Just let me know.

Oooh that would be great! Hopefully when I move I'll be able to get make more time for myself. I'll let you know =)

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:08 pm

It may seem odd, but a good program for that sort of thing is Virtual DJ...seems odd, but works really well. *smiles*

Postby pettruchio » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Oh? Where are you moving to Endless?

I have never heard of Virtual DJ....although that doesn't mean much seeing as I am computer illiterate. I wonder if I would be able to understand that program. I mean I am so bad, I don't know how to use WMM.

As for WT's song Angels, that is the song Animus was done to. Its such a beautiful song, yet very chilling too.

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Virtual DJ is really easy to work with, you can pretty much download it anywhere for free, then you just have to use a crack to turn it from a trial to the real program, but its all the same. It's really cool because you get to mix music, then you can save it, re-open the program, but in the movie mode, and make your amv...I love it. *smiles* It really is super easy to use too...*ugh* i feel like such an add. *laughs*

Postby Endless » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:24 pm

pettruchio wrote:Oh? Where are you moving to Endless?

It's nothing official as of yet. I was thinking somewhere on the New York / Connecticut border, but really the destination is up in the air at the moment. I am waiting for some things to go through first before I decide. But I am hoping to be out of where I am sometime this summer. Either the beginning or the end. Goodbye dial up! heheh I can't wait! =)

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:28 pm

If you move to New York, I suggest either the Plattsburg, Kingston, or even the city, they're the best places in the whole state. *smiles*

Postby Endless » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:38 pm

Hug Me! wrote:If you move to New York, I suggest either the Plattsburg, Kingston, or even the city, they're the best places in the whole state. *smiles*

The places I am looking at are about 40 minutes to an hour out of the city ( White Plains area I believe ). I am not a big fan of cities. However I want to be close enough that I can do things in it, but not living in it. I am a singer, so access to the city would be good. =)

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Yeah, i'll admit the city is a bit overwhelming at times, and the noise is dreadful...but i guess that area is nice too, I know some people who live there, they say its nice...Also, if your close enough, you could go to Anime Next...it is in the city, but its fun...not as close knit as Baku, but still fun.

Postby Endless » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:47 pm

Hug Me! wrote:Yeah, i'll admit the city is a bit overwhelming at times, and the noise is dreadful...but i guess that area is nice too, I know some people who live there, they say its nice...Also, if your close enough, you could go to Anime Next...it is in the city, but its fun...not as close knit as Baku, but still fun.

Is that the new con that started this year? If so my friend went to it ( I had wanted to go, but didn't have the money ). I am definitely planning on going next year! I am going to a lot of cons this year!
Hey are you going to be at AB?

Postby Luinta » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:51 pm

I'm pretty addicted to the music of Yoko Kanno, especially the ones sung by Ilaria Graziano! My favorites include Dew, I do, and Where Does This Ocean Go.

I can't remember who sung it, but Yoko Kanno's Sora's Folktale from the Escaflowne Movie is a Top 10! XD
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

PreviousNext

Return to Anime & Game Music