Mai HiME

General discussion about anime. Talk about your favorite shows, make suggestions, ask questions.

Mai HiME

Postby pettruchio » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Ok I just got finished watching Mai HiME last night and I must say this is my new favorite anime. I would have watched it all in one sitting but Val and i were watching it together. It is totally amazing. I laughed, I cried (A LOT) and cheered for the good guys who were really bad guys but turned good guys but wait were they really good or not?????? Anyway I was amazed throughout the whole thing.....and to top it all off......IT HAS A KICK A$$ ENDING!!!!! There are very few anime series out there that have decent endings but this one, Wow.....

I had never heard of this series before and had no idea what it was about. Thanks to Premonition Studios I saw an amv that made me interested in learning more. For some strange reason I didn't do any research on it (which I am thankful for now since I didn't end up with any spoilers.....spoilers would ruin the amazingness of this story I think). Anyway I downloaded it (yes yes I know its wrong but I plan to rectify that by buying it asap!!!) and Val and i watched it in I think 2 days. I would highly recommend this series to anyone!!!!

anyone else like it as much as I did??
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby jreckers » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:35 am

Is that the one with the girl on his hand, or whatever?

I beleive I saw the first two episodes at Otakon a few years ago.. (I may be mistaken.) It looked pretty interesting; just never got around to acquiring it.
Jeff Reckers
Bakuretsucon 2010 Director of Technical Support
Anime Boston 2011 Assistant Director of Technical Operations
Otakon 2010 Main Events House Management

Postby kyoukitn » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:07 am

No this one is way different. I loved the MAI-Hime as much as you did, and they did a decent job of dubbing. Stay away from the alternate story one called my Z Hime.

They one that your talking about with the girl on his right hand is called Midori Days, and is one of the strangest things I've seen

Postby pettruchio » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:09 am

No....this is about high school girls who have the power of HiME (magical weapons)....although it reminded me of a shonen series more than a magical girl series.....

Wiki's brief plot description is as follows:

Mai Tokiha transfers to Fuka Academy and learns that she along with several other girls at the school are HiMEs. Initially, the girls face off against monsters and a nefarious foreign organization. But when they learn of their true purpose at Fuka Academy, the girls must fight to save the world and protect what's most important to them.

Postby Luinta » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:16 pm

Interesting... I may have to check that out now.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby pettruchio » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:09 pm

I just started collecting the actual series now. I started backwards though because the box I wanted came with vol 7. So I have vol 5-7 and I am hoping that I either get the rest for my birthday from my friends or find the rest at Boston in a few weeks.

Return to Anime Shows