Keepin' In Touch

2007 is over. What did you think of it?
Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby jreckers » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Luinta wrote:Yeah! me too! it'll be great to see what other cons are like!

Just don't make the mistake of thinking Anime Boston gives an accurate representation of all "other cons," or even large cons. I've been to many conventions of various sizes, and they all have their own perks and drawbacks. All cons are different in some way :)

That being said, I don't think you'll be disappointed. AB usually is a load of fun :D
Jeff Reckers
Bakuretsucon 2010 Director of Technical Support
Anime Boston 2011 Assistant Director of Technical Operations
Otakon 2010 Main Events House Management

Postby pettruchio » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:03 pm

I agree with Jeff on AB. Its a world apart from Baku.....most cons are. Baku is rather unique in my opinion. But I went to Boston last year and had a really great time so I am really looking forward to this year as well. In fact I just booked my hotel.... :D

I try to keep up with this forum and at least answer questions if not add some wonderful insight...heh.

I am actually working on a new project for the forum. I started the "What Anime Taught you..." thread last year and that had enough turnout to put it into a book for the con. This year I have something new that I hope will work once I get it all lined up.....so keep visiting guys!!!
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby Xailyn » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:17 am

I'm going to my first AB this year, in fact, I just started going to cons this year. My biggest was Portcon which had about 1650 people this year. I'm making a huge jump for me, going from BakuCon to Anime Boston, from such a small size to such a large size (for me that is!)...I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm meeting up with so many friends from other cons this year, and I'm so excited! I look forward to seeing you guys there!
Bakuretsuecon 07: SakuBo, Zexion, and Teru Mikami...And a last minute Mello...

Because All Cons Need a little Mello

Postby pettruchio » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:25 am

heh....My first year at Boston was last year. I had a blast. I helped Val in the dealers room (make sure you stop by and say hi to her and Laban this year in the dealers room) and went to a few game shows and panels. I hung out with my friends and made some new ones while waiting in line for the masquerade.

For anyone who is 18+ I would highly suggest going to to the adult dating game.....it is soooooo worth it. It is hilarious. Boston is really large so I hope to see you there!!!

Postby Xailyn » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:29 am

What sucks for me is...I'm the ONLY minor in my group. I won't be 18 for another five months after AB. Oh well, I hear the raves are fun. ^^

A part of me wants to get a fake ID for the con. Put Mihael Keehl on the top of it, seeing as how he turned 18 in December.
Bakuretsuecon 07: SakuBo, Zexion, and Teru Mikami...And a last minute Mello...

Because All Cons Need a little Mello

Postby pettruchio » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:35 am

Somehow I think they would notice that at an anime convention....lol. Don't worry there is tons to do without being 18. The masquerade is a lot of fun as well. The dealers room is great, there are tons of panels and workshops and there is a general audience dating game as well....don't worry about missing it this year.

Postby Endless » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Xailyn wrote:I'm going to my first AB this year, in fact, I just started going to cons this year. My biggest was Portcon which had about 1650 people this year. I'm making a huge jump for me, going from BakuCon to Anime Boston, from such a small size to such a large size (for me that is!)...I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm meeting up with so many friends from other cons this year, and I'm so excited! I look forward to seeing you guys there!

I just started going to cons in '07 too. Actually it's funny because Anime Boston was my first Anime convention. There are SoOOO many people and I usually have issue being a place with that many people, and that is how I found out I felt comfortable around large groups of anime people. It was great, so then I tried some of the smaller cons. . .oddly enough I was nervous of those because it was such a drastic difference in numbers of people. But they are really fun too, because they are more personal.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby jreckers » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:12 pm

I've always been 18+ going to cons, but surprisingly, I didn't attend any 18+ events until I was over 20. So don't worry about it; you're not missing much.

I think a lot of the hype about 18+ events is purely because the younger attendees can't get to them - so going to your "first" hentai dubbing panel, or whatever, is something of a momentous occasion. Kind of like your first legal drink, or the first time you drive by yourself.

It may be entertaining and fun, but it's not some huge, glorious event that people travel across the country to see. Trust me, nobody travels to a con specifically for the 18+ events. They just aren't that important.
Jeff Reckers
Bakuretsucon 2010 Director of Technical Support
Anime Boston 2011 Assistant Director of Technical Operations
Otakon 2010 Main Events House Management

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Yay for posting two months after everyone else...okai. *smiles* umm...now I don't remember what I was going to say *sad face* *light bulb* I remembers! The AIM name thingy...yeah

AIM--penguinzpetz

I think that was it...*smiles and waves to the people who are not here...and the ones who are*
-Byes

sneaking back into the forums

Postby sephygoth » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:04 pm

sephygoth
AIM sephygoth
cosplay.com sephygoth
LJ sephygoth
ez enuf?

Previous

Return to 2007 Thoughts