So... who's already working on their AMV for '08?

So... who's already working on their AMV for '08?

Postby Luinta » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:52 pm

I've begun my first of 3 for '08. I'm still using WMM, but at least it works, for now...

Anywho, Yes this one is another AC vid, but hopefully better than this past one. This time I'm going for Action. I'll also hope to have an Onegai Teacher one in Romance, and an Advent of Miscellaneous Videofeed II for Comedy. I already have Sephy cued-up for another karaoke bit (insert evil laugh here), and Barret will be quoting RVB.

Anywho, I hope to see a lot of really good vids again next year!

Oh! and btw, how many of you only enter to win, and how many don't care (just like making the vids). Personally I just love making the vids, But being a contest, I might as well do me best, so I guess I'm a bit of both. Still, I just like the fact that people get to see what I can do, winner or no.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby ReiSnatcher » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:05 am

I have 3 I'm playing to submit for 2008, however I'm waiting to get my new laptop & external hard drives before I can work on them.

I have two going for Drama, and one for Other, Using Eva and Ergo Proxy respectivly.

For the two Drama AMVs, I'm hoping to add in some pseudo 3D elements as well as some other things. Not quite sure how I'm going to accomplish this as of yet, but I hope it will turn out good!

I personly make the AMVs because I love watching them when they are done, and thinking "Wow. I made that. I am AWESOME!"

Postby Luinta » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:09 am

Well, I'm outta the race for win! good luck to you!

*glares at Windows Movie Maker* It's all your fault, you know that right?
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby ReiSnatcher » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:23 am

But you said you were going ACtion, romance, and comedy this time, didn't you? I'm in the Drama category.

Besides, there's no garantee I'll win. Yours was really good. I was surprised when I head it was done in Movie Maker.

Postby Luinta » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:36 am

Oh, I'll still be entering what I get done, but after seeing and downloading, and watcing over and over and over again YOUR AMV, I don't think I can even hold a candle to you! Seriously! I even voted for you for Best of Show!

Although, the last 2 bakus (my only bakus) the winner of best of show has been in comedy/upbeat/other, so I may have a solid chance with my A.M.V II and Sephy's evil plan to save the world (hint hint).

Even though I finally saw AMV Hell, my AMV will still be based off of Robot Chicken. Last year I had a lot of people tell me that I ripped off AMV Hell, but haveing never even heard of it, I told them the truth: I ripped off Robot Chicken! XD

Anywho, I should go get some sleep now. You know, being 3:34am and all.

Seriously though, good luck, and may the Gendou be with you!

And yes, after seeing Evangelion ReDeath, all I can think when i hear his name is: It's Gendou! *ba duba dum, ba duba dum...* XD

Night all!

Postby ReiSnatcher » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:41 am

LOL, well that's sure to be interesting.

I don't have too many high-hopes for my comedy entrance. I'm just making it more for myself than to win. I don't really think it has much chance of winning. But the League of Proxies calls me.

Anyways, goodluck!

Postby Luinta » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:52 am

Now all I can think of is a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen trailer with Ghost in the Shell: SAC video clips!

Wait...

IT! COULD! WOOOORK!!!

Ps: (insert evil laugh here. no! wait, maybe you could insert it a little more to the left)

Postby ReiSnatcher » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:53 am

lol. not exactly what I had in mind, but, as said, could work!

I get my new laptop today. Yay!

Now I have to beat the VISTAids out of it before I can begin working. :(

Postby Luinta » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:59 pm

Yeah, downgrading is the only way to save a VISTA infected computer!

The sad part is it's true... Ya think Mircosoft would have waited until they had more than a half-coded jumbled mess before selling to people.

Postby ReiSnatcher » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:08 pm

True, true. IT woudln't be so bad... if any of my video editing programs worked on it...... but they don't.

All I can think of when I hear VISTA now is the AMV Hell 4 video where its' playing the AIDS song.

Maybe I can make that into an AMV somehow...

Postby Luinta » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 pm

Yeah, like with a computer, and the song, and everythime they say AIDS, the screen on the computer pops up with a red, bloody, VISTA! XD

I can see it now... But I won't take that glory away from you.

Unless... We could always try it work it out together and enter it as a joint project for another Comedy entry. I could find some anime with various computers and good shots of the screens, and once we have a basic idea of what needs doing, I can work on Timing ans Syncing (my forte), and you could do the retouching and the effects, like adding VISTA in time with the AIDS. I'm no good with adding stuff to images, and I only have WMM to work with, after all.

Yeah, it could just work! I can see it now!...

Postby ReiSnatcher » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:50 pm

We could indeed. That'd be pretty sweet. Let's do it!

Postby Luinta » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:00 pm

Alright, I'll start going through clips from various anime that I know have good computer shots, like Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, and Hand Maid May.

Now I have a scene in my head where Ed sees the VISTA on her screen and freaks and falls over! XD

Postby ReiSnatcher » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:33 pm

I can help find some seens too. I have over 800 discs, so I'm sure there's some with good computer shots, like Battle Programmer Shirase, Chobits, amoung others.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if one of the computers showed an Evangelion where it normal says Blood Type Blue, 12th angel Leliel or something like that, and have it say:
Blood Type: AIDS, 19th Angel VISTA

That would be pretty sweet.

Postby Luinta » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:16 pm

That's a great idea! And we can have Chii creeping towards Hideki, while he backs away as the song gets to that rapid Aids Aids Aids Aids, Aids, part. XD

This will ROCK! IF you can get me some of those shots, I'll string them together, and we'll find a pattern and timing scheme that work, and then you can do that word on screen manipulation thing.

This could and up with best of show! not that I won't still enter all my other vids, we do have a year to do this and those.

Btw, my DVD drive doesn't work, so I only have what's already downloaded on my computer, which gives me all of Outlaw Star, all of Onegai Teacher, All of Devil May Cry, all of Death Note, all of Dirge of Cerberus' cutscenes, all of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and ep1 of Hellsing, ep1 of Love Hina, ep1+2 of Lucky Start, ep1 of When They Cry, ep1 of Grenadier, and ep1 of Legend of Black Heaven.

I also have access to any cutscene from any of the Final Fantasy games, which leads me to think of using the scene in Zanakand in the beginning: "We called it, Vista" I can do the dub of that line, and we could even use it as the opener to the AMV! XD That would be AWESOME!!! Then we can show sin blasting and being blasted at random points in the AMV, like with the Project Mi'ihen (spelling?), and the Al Bhed machina, could say "Target Vista acquired, before he pound the trigger button. XD Oh the ideas are just rolling!

Next

Return to 2008 Archives