Cosplay panel mistake

2007 is over. What did you think of it?

Cosplay panel mistake

Postby Mimi » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:45 am

There was a mistake in the convention booklet that listed us (my friend and I) as the people who hosted the "Cosplay for Beginners" panel... which is a LIE. The person who did it was lani@theCOSbrigade.com, and SHE WAS AWESOME!!!! We're no beginners at cosplay, but we learned a TON. I really hope she returns again next year and does this panel again... and I hope she gets a better turnout, because this info is really valuable stuff to people who care about cosplay! :D

In any case, I hope she gets credit for running this amazing panel. Please make her come back, so she can share some more of her sewing expertise!
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby MissEmmeline » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:28 am

It confused me to no end to be flipping through the con booklet and find my name attached to that panel...and I felt completely stupid because the person actually running it (who's name I...don't remember XD) was soooo good. Her panel was one of my favorites for the entire con - even coming in with previous knowledge of sewing technique, I still picked up a lot of great information. Not to mention she was a fabulous and extremely personable host - I'd definitely want to attend another one of her panels again!!

Postby pettruchio » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:38 am

I apologize for this mistake. This was the information we received and thats why it ended up in the book like that. I apologize to The Hag (forum name of the actual panelist I believe) for not giving you credit on your panel. Next year we will have a proofreading team for our con book so these mistakes do not repeat themselves.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby The Hag » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:07 pm

Pettruchio - apology graciously accepted! ^_^

Mimi and Miss E. - Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad that you found it helpful. For me - hearing you say that you wanted to come down to Anime Boston so you could go to my panel there is a bigger win than "Best in Show" ^_^ Please let me know what other things you might like to hear me talk about in future panels. Thank you also to the other young lady and gentleman who stuck it out to the bitter end, as well as everyone else who stopped in, even for a little while. It was a pleasure to meet you all!

I actually didn't mind the time slot or the low turn out. It allowed me to answer lots of questions and I didn't have to worry about running over a bit.

Pettruchio (again) - I'm intrigued by the mention of a smaller room for panels next year. I would really like to do more hands-on things (embellishments, pattern fitting, Asian fabric crafts, whatever there may be interest in), but that is really only feasible with smaller groups. Larger cons can't really dedicate time and space for events that can only accommodate a limited number, but maybe at Baku next year we can work something out. I'll post more in the 2008 forums after I've thought about it a bit more.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby MissEmmeline » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:08 pm

I am positively drooling over the mention of the hands-on-things you suggested (pattern fitting...that would be a dream come true!!). I would also love to see more costume-specific things beyond that of everyday sewing - for example, using boning, working with uncommon fabrics like vinyl, stretchy fabrics, tulle, whatever, ideas for underthings that will give the right shape to some of the more gravity-defying costumes, etc. An "advanced cosplay" panel or something similar that you can make more intimate and more open to individual questions would be amazing!!

...I can't waiiiittttt!! XD

Return to 2007 Thoughts