OMG!!! Where to start...

2007 is over. What did you think of it?

OMG!!! Where to start...

Postby RageGlitch0 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:31 pm

Though I went to the con with no expectations (first time experience), I left a different person. One willing to walk around in bright orange with poorly colored hair =P ! I want to thank everyone involved in planning the event, the game room guys for putting up with me (sorry...), the guy in the Itachi outfit we met, Momoko (if you're out there, we must face-off again!), the two people who joined us for the skit, all of my amazing friends, and anyone I missed. Also, thanks for not punching me when I gave you all hugs (I hope someone posts the pic of me hugging Sakura and getting punched in the face.)

There was nothing wrong with the way the Con was set up, in my opinion. I just wish the hotel didn't kick us off the front lobby T.V. on Sunday (jerks)! Congrats to all the winners of the events and tournaments (didn't mean to rhyme that).

Also, I would like to know what some of the judges thought of my friends skit that they had to endure me participating in. It was the Naruto battle scene with Jiraiya, Choji, Kakashi, the two Narutos, and our Hinata of Legend and Laserz (codenamed: Hinata For The Win).

Thanks again to everyone, can't wait to see you all and more next year!!! Much love, Justin. :D

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:19 pm

Thank you very much for the nice thoughts. In defence of the hotel the TV in the lobby is for the use of "all" hotel guets and they said it was unfair to the other guests at the hotel that wanted to use it. They were actually quite nice about the use of it over the weekend. It was reported that people hooked up game systems and DVD players several times (which is something they originally told use we were not allowed to do).
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Postby Xailyn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:27 pm

I had a wonderful time at BakuCon. It may only be my third ever con, but this was the best of the one's I've been too. It was small, but perfect. I knew so many people there, and it was amusing, because I found out I was sitting next to one of my friends on deviantArt during the cosplay--And I only found out when she posted herself in cosplay on dA!

I really liked how the Artist's Alley was literally, like an alley. It was cute, and it was like family being in close contact with everyone. (Not "without family" mind you! XD) Much love to the Comiku Girls, Zodi-ACK and Ctrl+Alt+Sakujo.

I really did love BakuCon. It was so friendly, and I kept finding myself talking to people I didn't even know. I was all "LAWL HAY THAR! LETZ TALK, KAY?" And no one seemed to object at all.

It was the best, really it was. Loved the family feud thing (forgot the normal name) Especially since I was on the winning team. :]

Much love!

Mello MikamiZexyBo
Bakuretsuecon 07: SakuBo, Zexion, and Teru Mikami...And a last minute Mello...

Because All Cons Need a little Mello

Postby pettruchio » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:21 pm

I am so happy that you guys had a blast. This con was so much fun (despite the fact that I was gimping around on crutches for the 2nd half). I agree with Xailyn, in that talking with people I didn't know was really easy here. I consider all of you my family and I thank you for talking with me and the other staff. I have been to cons where the attendees shy away from staff because they are "STAFF"...

I also want to mention that I saw a LOT of really awesome cosplays this year and yes I saw the Naruto skit and thought it was hilarious, although I was worried about Naruto who fell off the stage....but I guess that was part of the act. I also want to put out props to L who was probably the best L I have seen so far in my con travels. She truly freaked me out.

And I also want to give anothe BIG THANK YOU to the con attendee from Germany....that was awesome. Thank you to everyone who made this con the best con yet!!!!
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby D-Maxwell » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:26 am

This was my second con...the other being ConnectiCon...i have to say i enjoyed this one more being that is was smaller so i wasn't rushed to try to see everything. I cant wait for next year to come around and with it being earlier, hopefully it wont be as cold :wink:

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:37 am

Yes, we have all learned the importantce of good proof reading. I really was looking forward to a time with "our" family this year (and not without). Thanks for remembering that. :)

And yes, it is so cold out now.... blah! I hate the cold. But it doesn't really matter as long as we all stay inside. It should very well be warmer next year which would make Cosplay Chess a reality!
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby Luinta » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:43 am

I'll be aiming for Desert Punk cosplaying next year. I guess that'd make me a rook.

We could always bring in Donny Gayeman as the Queen! XD *from far off "I'm not gay!" can be heard echoing though the distance*
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Xailyn » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:49 am

Speaking of cosplay chess, what are possible theme ideas, if there is going to be a theme at all? o3o
Bakuretsuecon 07: SakuBo, Zexion, and Teru Mikami...And a last minute Mello...

Because All Cons Need a little Mello

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:51 am

Luinta wrote:I'll be aiming for Desert Punk cosplaying next year. I guess that'd make me a rook.

We could always bring in Donny Gayeman as the Queen! XD *from far off "I'm not gay!" can be heard echoing though the distance*

That's awesome!! Thank you for paying homage to Scott and NoN.D.E.'s work. Otakudom will always be very special to me and I am so glad I had the chance to meet Scott in the past so I could bring him to Bakuretsu Con yet spreading the awesomeness that is "This is Otakudom". 8)
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby pettruchio » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:56 am

I agree....that is awesome. Otakudom is the reason I am completely in love with NoN.D.E films.

Asfor cosplay chess that was my idea after a few con goers mentioned they wanted it. I had brought it up with the hotel staff at a meeting but the cost of renting a tent so we could have it this year just wasn't feasible. If the weather cooperates next year's dates may allow us to do cosplay chess. That is as far as I took it though. I know nothing about cosplay chess other than I really want to see it. Our Cosplay Director Heather has volunteered to pick it up but you guys are really the experts so you can start planning your ideas so we can get a better feel for what we need.

Like I said at closing ceremonies, we would be doing it outside in the parking lot with a board drawn with chalk.....

Postby Luinta » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:57 am

Yeah, I love Otakudom and S.T.E.A.M! I also got too many laugh out of Evangelion Redeath! It's Genduo *music start up* XD rofl! But that would make him the Uber-pimp! Do realize what you've done!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby ReiSnatcher » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:23 am

Let's see... this would be the 5th con I've gone to. The other 4, which are actualy just two cons, though twice, were PortCon and AnimeBoston.

Let me just say that this year at Bakuretsucon was one of the funnest I've had. Because it isn't incredibly huge like AnimeBoston (which I do love, anyway) there is much more opportunity for myself to partcipate in the panels and ask the geusts questions. I probably never would have gotten to ask Tiffany Grant what she thought the first time she saw End of Eva, and heard her reply: "Well... I, of course, made the mistake of watching it alone."

The con programming itself was great, though I do wish I hadn't missed the Piracy and Bootlegging panel... but what can you do? There are only so many times you can schedule things.

One thing I would like to say is that the Cosplay was a bit confusing. I had no idea that the cosplay had a prejudging, so I missed that. Perhaps some more information like that could be in the Bakuretsucon Book next time? (unless of course it was there and I missed it.....)

But aside from that the Cosplay was great. I was the SEELE 01 Monolith, and I swear that when I walked into the room, that was the loudest applause I've gotten for ANYTHING I've ever done. And I'm also sure I got more pictures taken of me in that outfit than I have my entire life. It was also pretty entertaining standing in the hall, and then suddenly moving and scaring hte crap out of everyone near me that thought I was part of the wall.

The AMV contest was awesome as well...of course I won, so I naturaly would think that... though it was a bit ambiguous about if you got anything if you won. I didn't know until I asked near the end of the con.

And I aggree with everyone, NoNDE is simply the best. I've actualy begun work on my own fan parody myself...

I love Donny for his line in STEAM: "I told you, Shinji is NOT gay!!!" Oh, and Scott actualy confirmed that Donny Gayeman was in fact NOT gay.

Anyways, Bakuretsucon was great, and I look forward to coming back next year, even if I will have to fly up from college in Florida. Bakuretsucon is my home state Con, and I wouldn't miss it for... well, I could probably be bought off with several hundred discs of anime... but short of that, nothing could stop me from coming back for next year!

Oh, one more thing. The highlight of the whole con for me, was when Tiffany Grant said to me: "Excuse me, your SEELEness."

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:36 am

I am so glad to hear positive thoughts from people such as Reisnatcher. I admit we have moments of confusion (as do most cons) and I apologize for that. We will work on making things better for the cosplay arrangements next year. Personally I am very impressed with our cosplay staff and how the cosplay event has grown over the years.

None of us had any expereince running or even watching the cosplay of any convention. Heather studied how things were done at Anime Boston with the help of the lady running it a couple years ago and went and observed again this past year so she could learn all she could to make things a success.

I am so proud of the work she has done and each year it has come into it's own light.
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby Luinta » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:40 am

Here, Here! Baku rocks! I'll never miss another baku! I even sold several games to fund my Baku money! I only sold game I knew I could get more copies of though. I'm not making the same mistake I did with FF VII last Feb! Although I did get $85 for a green-label, defective (and described as such), srach-ridden disked game... It still worked in a PSone, or else I;d never have sold it. I;m not heartless! They even gave [Good] feedback saying that it was just as described!

Anywho, I'm rambling again. Yes, Scott rocks! I hope to see more from him at Baku '08!

Postby pettruchio » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:41 am

Yes i must say our cosplay director Heather is awesome for what she has done with the cosplay. And she has now volunteered to pick up the cosplay chess as well. Everyone be sure to thank her for the great job she has done.

Next

Return to 2007 Thoughts