Guest Suggestions

What's on tap? Planning is already moving along.

Guest Suggestions

Postby pettruchio » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:17 pm

I am surprised this thread hasn't started already so I am going to create it.....who do you all want to see at next year's con?
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby Hobo Dave » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:19 pm

I think it would be really cool if you had Luci Christian and maybe Greg Ayres :)

Postby Xailyn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:39 pm

Even though he tends to only go to cons on the west coast from what I hear, Yuri Lowenthal. :]
Bakuretsuecon 07: SakuBo, Zexion, and Teru Mikami...And a last minute Mello...

Because All Cons Need a little Mello

Postby Atomaru » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:01 am

Ooo, Johnney Young Bosch would be amazing O_O *drewl*

Postby zcat68 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:03 am

I'm pretty sure they ask to be paid to appear, but I'd suggest Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum.
"I thought clowns made everyone else laugh?" Kurama

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:46 am

I haven't heard of those last two, but I know there have been requests right along for Luci Christian, Jonny Yong Bosch, Crispin Freeman, and there was someone else I can't recall right now... I think it was Katlin Glass, or something like that...

We will keep working on ideas as some of our leads have dried up and others have not gotten back to us yet.
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Postby Luinta » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:18 am

You could always try Chris Patton again.

Personally, I'd love to meet Vic Mignogna, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, but I suspect such guest would be impossibly hard to get in any easy way.

Still, just throwin' it out there.

Other's would include Gwendoline Yeo, Dave Wittenberg, Hikaru Utada (Manly Squee for the Goddess of Song!), Kirby Morrow, Steve Blum, and uh...

Well, I'll go think of some more possibilities. And yes, I DO realize that a lot of these could very well be impossible, but I can dream can't I? *stares off into space* U-ta-da... *falls over*
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby pettruchio » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:38 am

Luinta we want you to list who ever you would like. We can't guarantee anything but we can always try. Personally I would love to have Utada Hikaru as well....as for Chris Patton....ummmm....we'll take that into consideration.

Postby Luinta » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:47 am

I'd have suggested other well known Japanese figures, but Utada-sama is the only one I know for a fact speaks English. One of my idols tough, is Yoshitaka Amano! I'm just not sure if he speaks any English, and that would be a bit of a problem! XD

The only other problem I have, is that I usually recognize people as this character or that one, but know only a few names. So know I'm off to Anime News Network, and Wikipedia to learn more!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby pettruchio » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:50 am

Yes actual voice actor names are helpful but if you just can't find it I am sure you could list the character names and someone on here would know who you were talking about.

Postby Luinta » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:30 am

Oh, maybe Steve Burton, or Rachel Leigh Cook, or Meena Suvari. But if I hear someone mention anything that connects Lance Bass to Sephiroth, I'll have to kill them! That was the sole reason I hated KH for 3 weeks straight!

*takes deep breath* Sorry. Anywho, like I was saying, there are plenty of VA's to concider. Speaking of which, did any of you know that Hirau Utada was cast as a voice actress for an anime ONA?

Postby Bob_the_Sniper » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:38 am

I am going to have to second (or third...) the Crispin Freeman idea. Another person I'd like to see is Amanda Winn Lee.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby jreckers » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Luinta wrote:You could always try Chris Patton again.

I have nothing to do with Guest Relations, but chances of this are extremely low.
Jeff Reckers
Bakuretsucon 2010 Director of Technical Support
Anime Boston 2011 Assistant Director of Technical Operations
Otakon 2010 Main Events House Management

Postby Yoogain » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:00 pm

Dunno how this suggestion will turn out, therefore I dunno how I feel about posting it, but without mentioning something, there isn't a chance eh?

How about something to do with the poor wiw' furries that go to the convention! I noticed how lots of people were buying/wearing the tails and ears at the dealers room...

I think something like a furry anime or a furry rp would be fun! Possibly even get a few more people interested into the fandom! XD

Postby Luinta » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:02 pm

Neko-jin... *nosebleed* *vacant stare*

Next

Return to 2008 Planning