Death Note Cosplays

Containing all the old threads from 2007

Death Note Cosplays

Postby Xailyn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:22 pm

I'm surprised there isn't one here yet.

Anyways, I'm planning on being Teru Mikami on Friday, and I'm just dying to know who else is doing a Death Note cosplay. There are three series a con can't exist without:

Naruto, Bleach and Death Note.

So, who's planning on one? Being Teru, I'm gonna need a Light to obsess over, plznthx.

Who's cosplaying it? I'm interested in know. :]
Bakuretsuecon 07: SakuBo, Zexion, and Teru Mikami...And a last minute Mello...

Because All Cons Need a little Mello

Postby Endless » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:22 pm

I am hopefully going to be cosplaying L. But I've got to work with my wig some more to make sure it is going to work ( it's not cooperating ). >.< My mum is going to attack it this weekend and see if she can help me style it.

Postby Gene_Starwind_ » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:21 pm

It's you! I saw you at AAC! I love your Sakubo! Too bad my Friend probably cannot go, because she was the ONLY Mello I saw at AAC who had Chocolate!
Meow!

Postby Xailyn » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:34 pm

Gene_Starwind_ wrote:It's you! I saw you at AAC! I love your Sakubo! Too bad my Friend probably cannot go, because she was the ONLY Mello I saw at AAC who had Chocolate!

OMIGOD YOU KNOW WHO I WAS! HOLY CRAP *spazes*

I actually happen to recall seeing three Mello's with chocolate, the one in the lobby group, this one really good one who lacked a Matt/Near most of the time, and I think the one in the Guy Love skit.

Postby Luinta » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:47 pm

I'm already going as GReed from Fullmetal Alchemist, but I could always double as Light All I need is a suit, tie, and a Death Note. I have 7 DN to choose from, but I think rather than marking a notebook as a Death Note, I could always just use a manga, and say "Well it IS a Death Note..."

actually, i woun't even NEED a suit, just regular cloths and a Death Note. And maybe a giant scythe or OH YEAH! I could have an apple on a small pole conneted to my shoulder to look like Ryuk is following me!

This could work... Yeah, I'll find a good Luight style normal clothes outfit, and try to find a plastic apple to hover around me. An I have plenty od black Notebooks to carry around.

Mikami would need one too though... I'll make a few. One with DEATH NOTE in english and one in Shinigami font.

No promises though. If I can't find a good outfit, I can't do it. I don't have a light brown suit or the right tie, to it'll have to be plain cloths.

Damn... this may just be my easiest cosplay ever! Again, no promises. I'll see what I can do.

Ps: we need a Misa, a sakura TV PR guy to run around the con screeming KIRA IS COME!!! KIRA IS COME!!!, and a Ryuk for good measure, but then again, I willl have the apple so mabye no ryuk is needed. and did I hear someone say they were gonna be L? After that we only need a Mello, and Near... We could through in Matsuda and co. for good measure, but that's optional.

On second thought, this could be very doable! all I need to do is print out a few black pages to staple with some others! I think I can really do this! And I even know how to get the apple where I need it!

YES this can work!!!

We can all meet up at the thursday night pre opening on the 8th to figure out whos who, and how best to meet up on Friday.

I'll go get to work on my Death notes, Apple floating, and finding a wig. My hair's a little sorter than lights right now.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Xailyn » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:37 pm

I won't be there until Friday morning :/ But pretty early though.

I personally think the Death Note group should just meet in the lobby. It's the easiest to do for cons, and since I'm planning on being there noon at the latest, it won't be hard.

Just look for an insanely short Teru Mikami (I'm a full 11" too short to be him.) carrying the English Death Note, a keyboard and a Ryuk plushie...and possibly dragging like...6 suitcases and a box full of plushies.

I'm just waiting for confirmation that I can get the right suit. My shirt obviously won't be the right color (I have never seen a jade green collared shirt in my life) so I'm just going to go with white. It's generic...And I can wear sports bras under it to squish my bewbs down.

Gah, my friend from AAC has a Sakura TV group started for AB, too bad he's not going to BCon.

As for L...It's a con, there will always be L's...and Misa's. They probably have the easiest cosplays of all time, because for the most part: They're closet cosplays. Mello and Near won't be too hard to find either. Again, they could be closet cosplays, and if worst comes to worst, I'm bringing a backup, makeshift Mello cosplay that I could switch into if a Near or Matt wants yaoi. :B

Postby Endless » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:41 pm

Luinta wrote:

Ps: we need a Misa, a sakura TV PR guy to run around the con screeming KIRA IS COME!!! KIRA IS COME!!!, and a Ryuk for good measure, but then again, I willl have the apple so mabye no ryuk is needed. and did I hear someone say they were gonna be L? After that we only need a Mello, and Near... We could through in Matsuda and co. for good measure, but that's optional.

On second thought, this could be very doable! all I need to do is print out a few black pages to staple with some others! I think I can really do this! And I even know how to get the apple where I need it!

YES this can work!!!

We can all meet up at the thursday night pre opening on the 8th to figure out whos who, and how best to meet up on Friday.

I'll go get to work on my Death notes, Apple floating, and finding a wig. My hair's a little sorter than lights right now.

That would be me! I'm planning on cosplaying L =) I was going to do it Saturday and Sunday, but since everyone is apparently doing the Death Note bit on Friday, I'll cosplay L on Friday ( and then perhaps the rest of the weekend. . .who knows. . .lol ). I will be getting there Thursday night if you want to meet up at some point. I'm so excited. . .I won't have to be a lonely L now!!
I hope you can get the Light costume worked out!

Postby Luinta » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:34 pm

So wait... Who has what Death Note? I can make one, but if people already have ones, that would be easier. Didn't Mikami have the one Misa owned? SHouldn't that one be the one without the How to Use section and have the title in Shinigami?

I have already printed out the How to Use page and can print a cover page for the English one, but I've had troubles finding a good image to scan/download for the Shinigami one.

If there are enough Death Notes to go around I may not even need to make one. EX: If Endless has a Death Note Maybe I could use that one, seeing as L never really owned a Death Note. Or something like that.

And I may be the eastest to find, seeing as I'll be the one with an apple floating behind me. And if we're meeting at non, I'll be in the Dealer's Room for sure! I have to abduct a Reno, Yuffie, and Vincent figures! Maybe Tifa too, if I have enough.

The only rotten side to this is that i still have to say goodbye to my goatie in order to play as Greed OR Light. lol Oh, well, sacrifices must be made to ensure that this world moves toward my vision! (insert evil laugh here) There, at least now I'm in character! I'll get my motivation from the director later. XD
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Xailyn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:43 am

Mikami DOES have the one Misa had, but I'd rather not go out and get hers, because I've had the English one for a while. I'll probably hold it so the cover is facing towards me, so no one will see it.

My friend will have one...but she won't be there until Saturday :/

For the most part, I'm going to wander on Friday, because none of my friends will be there yet, I believe. So, I'll be around :]

Yeah, there's really no way to conceal a goatee while in cosplay...unless you're the character without sleep. (Makes me wonder why L doesn't have facial hair)

Postby Luinta » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:52 am

Because he's L

If we still have enough time to make a skit, we could all enter the Cosplay Contest. Seriously. We could do a Death Note Kira's History in Brief. We have Light enter the stage and find the Death Note. Then Light leaves and L come up and say something about stopping Kira for good. Then L leaves and Kira comes back and if there's a Misa , she comes in and they leave together, and then Kira takes over that world and Mikami comes in a worshpis Kira and The End... We have someone planted in the audiance to say "Didn't Kira get caught...twice!" Misa and Light/Kira can then be seen just in view behind the cutain (or whatever is there, or off to the side) with Misa wispering in Light/Kira's ear and then Light writes in the Death Note and the Audiance member dies.

Hey, not bad for an off-the-top-of-my-head-idea!

Postby Xailyn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:26 am

But with that skit idea, there'd have to be some good humor in there. Humor is always good, it will keep people entertained.

OOH! Here's an idea! Reinact on of the Silent-Reaper comics! That would be awesome!!

Postby Luinta » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:28 am

Unfortunately, I have no idea what you're talking about.

If there are enough of us, we could always go and just stand there and let them see our Costumes. I think they'd like my Apple.

Postby Xailyn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:50 am

I'm big on skit ideas. :] Especially funny stuff.

SilentReaper is an artist on deviantArt who specializes in winsome comics about Death Note. If we had the full group, including Matsuda, there's a good one involving a gameshow :]

Postby Luinta » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:00 am

Oh! I game show! How about "Don't die! Death Note Rullette!"

It'd be like musical chair, all seat have paper in front of them, but ONE has a piece of Death note. Everyone touches the death note befroe th game stats so know one gets tipped off by seeing Ryuk or Rem. Then when it come time to sit, every one write a name of someone in the skit. One of the time some one from the audiance will simply die because the writer hates them and they happen to get the DN piece.

yeah, I'm kinda of on a kill an audiance member kick. Oh! Or kill the heclker, and we plant a heckler in the audiacne!

anywho, I obviously need sleep. I'll check back here again tomorrow.

Postby Endless » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:03 am

Luinta wrote:So wait... Who has what Death Note? I can make one, but if people already have ones, that would be easier. Didn't Mikami have the one Misa owned? SHouldn't that one be the one without the How to Use section and have the title in Shinigami?

I have already printed out the How to Use page and can print a cover page for the English one, but I've had troubles finding a good image to scan/download for the Shinigami one.

If there are enough Death Notes to go around I may not even need to make one. EX: If Endless has a Death Note Maybe I could use that one, seeing as L never really owned a Death Note. Or something like that.

I sadly don't have an actual Death Note as of yet =( If you can't find a good image of the Shinigami one. . .perhaps we could draw it on black paper with silver marker or something like that.

Next

Return to 2007 Archives