Bakuretsucon AMV Contest - Two Weeks Left

Containing all the old threads from 2007
Bakuretsu Con Staff
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:07 pm

Bakuretsucon AMV Contest - Two Weeks Left

Postby adferraro » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:19 am

Hi All,

The deadline for Bakuretsucon is fast approaching! November 1st is almost at hand and Bakuretsucon needs your entries! Entries have been slow, so if you've been hesitating I encourage you to send them in, we'd be grateful!

The rules and submission info can be found here:

http://www.bakuretsucon.org/index.php?page=contests

Good Luck!

Adam
Bakuretsucon 2007 AMV Contest
Adam Ferraro
Bakuretsucon 2011
AMV Contest Coordinator

User avatar
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:39 pm

Postby Luinta » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:41 am

Well, that provides good news and bad news...

GN: Not so many vids means one has a greater chance of winning

BN: Not as many vids means a lamer, and shorter AMV Contest

BN totally outweighs the GN on this one I don't care about %, I just want to see a good long Contest!

Anywho, I'm finishing mine right now, so it be ready to mail out on the 27th. I just hope it get to you guys by the 1st!

Unlike my Advent of Miscellaneous Videofeed, this one is geared more toward Action/Drama revolving around Cloud, Aeris, and Sephiroth, using AC footage, of course.

I also had a Vincent, Shelk, Lucrecia idea, but I don't have any more time for that one, unless I pull a MAJOR cram session with my clips and go for a 24 project. But, I doubt I can gather all the clips, splice them up, regergitate them, and sync the audio, all in one sit-down. That and my programs are being retarded and won't let me preview, so I have to finalize them each and every time I want to check on the progress!

Anywho, looking forward to the Contest!

It also begs the question: If there are only a few entrys, will there still be an AMV Contest? Imean, I don't care how short it is, I LOVE seeing the AMV's! I would HATE for there to be no contest! The fact that I may be in it, makes no difference to me. I just wanna see em!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

User avatar
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Postby pettruchio » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:17 am

Luinta wrote:...I don't care about %, I just want to see a good long Contest!


I agree. I was going to submit my video in the staff submissions but con related things have kept me too busy. So come on everyone get your videos in so we can all enjoy a nice long contest this year!!!!
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Bakuretsu Con Staff
User avatar
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:51 am
Location: Washington, NJ

Postby jreckers » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:46 pm

Luinta wrote:If there are only a few entrys, will there still be an AMV Contest?



Yes.
Jeff Reckers
Bakuretsucon 2010 Director of Technical Support
Anime Boston 2011 Assistant Director of Technical Operations
Otakon 2010 Main Events House Management

User avatar
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:39 pm

Postby Luinta » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:39 am


PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:46 pm Post subject:
Luinta wrote:
If there are only a few entrys, will there still be an AMV Contest?



Yes.


AWESOME!!! AMV Contest, Bakuretsu-con, POCKY!!! This is gonna be even better than last year! This time I even have spending $'s !!!

Btw, I'm mailing the AMV out tommor- er I mean later today (after midnight), I'm even gonna spring for the express mail! I just hope you get it in time!

Good luck with the Contest! and to all you staffers: thank you for puttin this whole con on!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

User avatar
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:25 am
Location: Plattsburgh, New York

Postby NyappyZombie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:08 am

I'd enter one of my random AMVS if they didn't have the silly subtitles in them. DX

Oh well maybe next year I'll make new ones with raw anime~ >> ^^

Good luck to the ones who entered though!

Bakuretsu Con Staff
User avatar
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:51 am
Location: Washington, NJ

Postby jreckers » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:08 am

NyappyZombie wrote:I'd enter one of my random AMVS if they didn't have the silly subtitles in them. DX


Thank you for not entering a video with subs :)
Jeff Reckers
Bakuretsucon 2010 Director of Technical Support
Anime Boston 2011 Assistant Director of Technical Operations
Otakon 2010 Main Events House Management

User avatar
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:39 pm

Postby Luinta » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Agreed, subs suck the life right out of an AMV.

Well, I just sent out the CD! I wasn't gonna pay $17 for overnight, but they said it should be there by Monday. I got the confirmation # and everything.

Anywho, I can't wait for the con! It I have enough by the end, I'll even pre-reg for next year! But first I need to capture Reno, Yuffie, and Vincent, to compliment the Sephiroth I've had imprisioned since last years con! OH, and the PLushes workshop!

AND POCKY!!!

POCKYPOCKYPOCKY!!!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Bakuretsu Con Staff
User avatar
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:57 pm
Location: Franklin County, VT

Postby LantisEscudo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:09 pm

I know at least three editors (including myself) that are planning on submitting before the deadline, but are trying madly to finish a new one before the deadline. Expect to see a bunch of entries coming in this week, Adam, and I'm looking forward to the contest as always.

User avatar
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:39 pm

Postby Luinta » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:30 am

Yeay! That means a nice long AMV Contest! Awesome!

Oh! Will people be able to view the AMV on Thursday before the con, like last year? That would be awesome!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

User avatar
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Postby pettruchio » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:36 am

At the moment we are not sure. It should be accessable like last year but details will be announced as soon as we have them....
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

User avatar
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:39 pm

Postby Luinta » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:50 am

Thursday woul;d be nice, but I think I can live to see Friday. either way it should be great! Last year I was amazed by the quality. ther were honestly only 3 vids I didn't like(will NOT name them out of respect for the makers), but it was still awesome!

I just hope people like my vid. Honestly, it's kinda corny. I had 3 other ideas, including a sequel to the Advent of Miscellaneous Videofeed, complete with a section of Sephiroth singing "My Evil Plan to Save the World" by Five Iron frenzy. But I guess those will be saved for next year.

Anywho, I guess I tend to babble at 2am, so i'm gonna go get some sleep. Laters! and good luck setting up for baku!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Bakuretsu Con Staff
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:07 pm

Postby adferraro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Luinta wrote:Well, that provides good news and bad news...

GN: Not so many vids means one has a greater chance of winning

BN: Not as many vids means a lamer, and shorter AMV Contest

BN totally outweighs the GN on this one I don't care about %, I just want to see a good long Contest!

Anywho, I'm finishing mine right now, so it be ready to mail out on the 27th. I just hope it get to you guys by the 1st!

Unlike my Advent of Miscellaneous Videofeed, this one is geared more toward Action/Drama revolving around Cloud, Aeris, and Sephiroth, using AC footage, of course.

I also had a Vincent, Shelk, Lucrecia idea, but I don't have any more time for that one, unless I pull a MAJOR cram session with my clips and go for a 24 project. But, I doubt I can gather all the clips, splice them up, regergitate them, and sync the audio, all in one sit-down. That and my programs are being retarded and won't let me preview, so I have to finalize them each and every time I want to check on the progress!

Anywho, looking forward to the Contest!

It also begs the question: If there are only a few entrys, will there still be an AMV Contest? Imean, I don't care how short it is, I LOVE seeing the AMV's! I would HATE for there to be no contest! The fact that I may be in it, makes no difference to me. I just wanna see em!


Rest assured that there will be a contest no matter what. That's a promise.
Adam Ferraro
Bakuretsucon 2011
AMV Contest Coordinator

Bakuretsu Con Staff
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:07 pm

Postby adferraro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:33 pm

LantisEscudo wrote:I know at least three editors (including myself) that are planning on submitting before the deadline, but are trying madly to finish a new one before the deadline. Expect to see a bunch of entries coming in this week, Adam, and I'm looking forward to the contest as always.


I look forward to seeing what's going to be rolling in.
Adam Ferraro
Bakuretsucon 2011
AMV Contest Coordinator

Return to 2007 Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests