Who Ya going as?

Containing all the old threads from 2007

Re: wahahahahaha

Postby Mimi » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:25 pm

Thelonemiroku wrote:Yes it is i ....i shall by popular demand(as in its the only way people remember who i am)) be returning as Miroku.
also i will have 3 never seen at bakuretsu costumes with me
ishida uryuu
a Jenovahs wittness
DR Zoidburg

If you do not return as Miroku, you will be sorely missed! D:

As for myself... I haven't completely decided who I will be doing this year, but most likely choices are Mai from Mai Hime (my friend will be Natsuki, if everything goes according to plan) and Touka or Karurauatsurei from Utawarerumono, depending if I can find a good purple wig... We also wanted to do a Princess Tutu cosplay, but that might have to wait until next year. Another future character that I will be cosplaying as is Tabby from .hack//Roots, but her costume might also take another year to complete. Sometimes I wish I could be paid to cosplay, so I would have all the time in the world to make my costumes XD
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Postby pettruchio » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:14 pm

I know what you mean about being paid for cosplaying. Would make life simpler.

I know Val would be very excited to see a princess Tutu cosplay. She is totally in love with that series. But if it is waiting for next yer then so be it. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby Spike Spiegel » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:48 am

If I am going, I'm probably going to be a female Spike Spiegel, like all the cons I go to.

Postby Xorlia » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:59 pm

If I come to the con, I'll probably be coming as both Larxene (KH: CoM) and Atoli (.hack//GU)

@ Mimi: Wah! You plan on a Tabby cosplay? Thats awesome!

If it takes you long enough, perhaps it'd give me time to put together a Sakisaka cosplay to accompany you XD

Postby Katastrofik » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:48 am

I have so many costumes to choose from and only two days to wear them :'D

I haven't been able to choose between Road Kamelot from D. Gray-man, Cooro from +Anima, Lust from FMA (haven't worn yet), or a Silent Hill nurse (haven't worn yet). XD

Any suggestions?

Postby NyappyZombie » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:45 pm

Katastrofik wrote:I have so many costumes to choose from and only two days to wear them :'D

I haven't been able to choose between Road Kamelot from D. Gray-man, Cooro from +Anima, Lust from FMA (haven't worn yet), or a Silent Hill nurse (haven't worn yet). XD

Any suggestions?

SILENT HILL NURSE! Oh my god, if you go as that you will have a small group of stalkers! My friends and I loveeee the nurses and wanted to cosplay as them but didn't have the chance to make costumes... >.< If you go as a Silent Hill nurse expect a fangirl Ritsuka and Seras to be asking for photos! X3

Lust would be pretty too... =3

Postby Katastrofik » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:29 pm

XD It's settled then!
Are you going to be there Sunday?

Postby NyappyZombie » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:55 am

Yes I'm planning staying for Saturday and Sunday ^__^

Postby pettruchio » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:09 pm

I would love to see Road as I love D. Gray man and I love Road's character. However I am sure any of the costumes you wear will be well appreciated.

Postby bedhead » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:15 pm

I think any of them would be wicked awsome X3
"It was a joke...."

Postby L O V E L E S S » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:32 pm

Gen goes as Aoyagi Ritsuka!

Let's hope it doesn't suck!

I think I'm too tall.

Maybe he had a growth spurt?

...Adolescence....?

Postby Green Flame » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:25 pm

In a surprising twist, completely ignoring the possibilities earlier posted, it seems I'll be bringing a Negi costume, from Negima. It seems to be a manga only costume, though, heh... I haven't seen the show, and only read three volumes of the manga, but hey, whatever.

It also seems I'll be bringing my old Tsukasa cosplay! ^^ I might bring something else, like... Riku, or Aeris (again), or just... whatever, hahah.
Cosplay 05: Dark Magician Girl (YGO)
Cosplay 06: Aeris (FFVII)
Cosplay 07: ??????

Postby Mimi » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:23 pm

This is my official lineup for this year...

Friday: Mai from My-Hime
Saturday: Karura from Utawarerumono
Sunday: Gothic lolita :D

My friend Emma is going to match me by being Natsuki (My-Hime), Erurru (Utawarerumono), and sweet lolita.

My aunt is also planning to come (all the way from Germany, no less!), and she is planning to cosplay as Milly Thompson from Trigun. She might also do other characters, but the details haven't been decided.

And on that note... what is Bakuretsu Con's prop weapons policy? I'm looking forward to making a gigantic gun and an even bigger sword, and I want to make sure that I won't have to give them up... I know that Otakon has pretty strict regulations when it comes to height and moving parts, but I've never heard anything from Bakuretsu Con...
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Postby pettruchio » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:48 am

The head of security should be able answer that. I don't have the write up on hand so i can't answer that immediately. I will find out and get back to you on the weapons policy.

Your aunt is coming from Germany???? That is awesome. She is certainly traveling the furthest to come!!

Postby Vu » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Mimi wrote:And on that note... what is Bakuretsu Con's prop weapons policy? I'm looking forward to making a gigantic gun and an even bigger sword, and I want to make sure that I won't have to give them up... I know that Otakon has pretty strict regulations when it comes to height and moving parts, but I've never heard anything from Bakuretsu Con...

Well, it depends, really.

I have seen a gigantic gun at Anime Boston 2006, almost bigger than the person who made it. As long as you do not swing the sword and/or brandish it out at anyone, then I suppose you should be fine. You can take it out and pose for the camera with it, but do not handle it careless around other folks. No one wants to be hit by gigantic objects. And of course, the common sense of making said weapons out of non-dangerous material.

Don't take this as a true answer. My own speculations of my own Convention as well as a Security Staffer's experiences.

Question: Does Bakuretsu Con have some sort of peacebonding procedure, like Anime Boston's, in which we deem what weapons can be carried around and what cannot?

pettruchio wrote:The head of security should be able answer that. I don't have the write up on hand so i can't answer that immediately. I will find out and get back to you on the weapons policy.

From what I have randomly heard, I think that Jen (Team1Up) is the Head of Security? No idea. That's what she has told me (They must be lies! All of them!). If true, then she's at Another Anime Con right now and will try to answer the question as soon as she gets back. If not, then there's always Valerie. :wink:[/i]
Vu Tran
Bakuretsu Con - Security 2007

Anime Boston - Security 2006, 2007, 2008
ConnectiCon - Guest Relations 2007
Ohayocon - Security 2008

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Archives