Otakon 2006

This a place you can talk about conventions in general. There are several in the New England area now.
Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:00 pm

Mimi wrote:Heehee! We've got Otakon all planned out already for next summer! We're thinking of maybe going to one or two other Cons too, but we can't decide which ones. Any suggestions??

I bet Llama Con is good considering who is on staff. ^_^ I haven't actually been though. I hope to go this year.

As for good cons I would recomend Anime Boston if you want a big con (about 10,000 people big). It's hard for me to say how good Anime Next, Connecticon and Otakon are these days, I only ever see the dealers room. :cry: They seem real good to me from where I am though. Except Otakon. I just don't have that much fun any more unless I am in the dealer's room and that is what I go for.

I've heard katsucon is really good but I have never been. I've always wanted to try Nan desu Con but it's way out in Denver Colorado. :(
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Postby PatrickD » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:46 pm

Con_Chair wrote:I've always wanted to try Nan desu Con but it's way out in Denver Colorado. :(

I was there in 2004 and enjoyed it very much.

As for Otakon, I'm officially done with it for the forseeable future. I have no absolutely plans to return. There are much more enjoyable conventions for me to travel to.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com : http://animecons.com/
The Chibi Project : http://chibiproject.com/
Anime Unscripted : http://animeunscripted.com/

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:19 pm

PatrickD wrote:As for Otakon, I'm officially done with it for the forseeable future. I have no absolutely plans to return. There are much more enjoyable conventions for me to travel to.

I'm such a merchandise crack addict, I go all that way to get "stuff". That and Adam is really good company so it's great to spend more time with him. :D

It's also nice to feel wanted so I had a good time helping Rosemary out last year at her table (Our big vendor at Baku Con for those who don't know her by name).
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Postby demonseed » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:05 pm

Con_Chair wrote:
Mimi wrote:Heehee! We've got Otakon all planned out already for next summer! We're thinking of maybe going to one or two other Cons too, but we can't decide which ones. Any suggestions??

I bet Llama Con is good considering who is on staff. ^_^ I haven't actually been though. I hope to go this year.

As for good cons I would recomend Anime Boston if you want a big con (about 10,000 people big). It's hard for me to say how good Anime Next, Connecticon and Otakon are these days, I only ever see the dealers room. :cry: They seem real good to me from where I am though. Except Otakon. I just don't have that much fun any more unless I am in the dealer's room and that is what I go for.

I've heard katsucon is really good but I have never been. I've always wanted to try Nan desu Con but it's way out in Denver Colorado. :(

Last year was my first year at Katsucon and I plan on going back next year. I have gone to Connecticon for the last two years and I really like that con. It's nice to have a big convention center and it's not too crowded.

Previous

Return to Other Conventions