Nintendo Wii

Since this is a popular subject I thought it deserved it's own place.
Bakuretsu Con Staff

Nintendo Wii

Postby Momiji-k » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:16 pm

Since this became a thread about the Wii I changed the name and moved my original post.
Last edited by Momiji-k on Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Postby dokool » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:49 am

Woohoo for the Wii date being announced! $250 on November 19th, and bundled with Wii Sports on top of that!

Now to start incessantly calling the nearest GameSpot to ask about pre-ordering.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:40 am

hooray!! Thanks for the update. I was really hoping it would be $200 as originally speculated and I really don't care about sports. :( BUT! That's still cool that they have a date. Too bad we can't get it in time to have at Bakuretsu Con though.

My joy has just been crushed as I looked up what day that is. Sunday. That might be a problem since Laban has to work Sundays. If they won't do pre-orders which our local Game Stop says they won't then we need to get in line.... can't do that in the middle of the night with a 2-year-old. :(

Hopefully things will work out.... where there is a will there's a way. :wink:
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby dokool » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:50 am

Con_Chair wrote:hooray!! Thanks for the update. I was really hoping it would be $200 as originally speculated and I really don't care about sports. :( BUT! That's still cool that they have a date. Too bad we can't get it in time to have at Bakuretsu Con though.

My joy has just been crushed as I looked up what day that is. Sunday. That might be a problem since Laban has to work Sundays. If they won't do pre-orders which our local Game Stop says they won't then we need to get in line.... can't do that in the middle of the night with a 2-year-old. :(

Hopefully things will work out.... where there is a will there's a way. :wink:

To be fair, when they were speculating the $200 they weren't considering the fact that they'd bundle a game (Which apparently the N hasn't done since the SNES).

I am amused that peripherals will be cheaper in Japan (by a couple bucks). I wonder when they're going to announce the price of the retro controller in the US...

As far as pre-ordering, what the local GameStop told me about 2 weeks ago is that they don't expect that they'll need to take pre-orders for the console because nintendo is producing so many, but they are taking pre-orders for games because they expect those to go quickly.

Postby groovyshores » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:50 am

No worries, I'd be happy to pick one up for you.
Bakuretsu Panel Director '06-'08

Postby Gene_Starwind_ » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:24 pm

The EB Games in Concord, NH said they will not take Pre Orders for the Wii until they know how many they are getting. I COULD have Changed my Twilight Princess Pre Order today, but I was in Concord the Past Two Days and did not have Time today. I'll definately have Time next Wednesday, though, so by Then I will have Changed it.

Oh, and do you know what they DID have Yesterday? Phoenix Wright... NEW!!!!!!! They must have Re Released it! I got it for only $29.99! Beats paying Sixty Dollars Online for a Used one!
Meow!

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:45 am

Gene_Starwind_ wrote:The EB Games in Concord, NH said they will not take Pre Orders for the Wii until they know how many they are getting. I COULD have Changed my Twilight Princess Pre Order today, but I was in Concord the Past Two Days and did not have Time today. I'll definately have Time next Wednesday, though, so by Then I will have Changed it.

I changed our pre-order for Zelda today. I happened to think of it just around the time the mall opened so I gave them a call and changed it over the phone.

I also asked about Wii pre-orders and he said he thought they would be taking them. But there was no official word yet. I'll check back later for that one.

Gene_Starwind_ wrote:Oh, and do you know what they DID have Yesterday? Phoenix Wright... NEW!!!!!!! They must have Re Released it! I got it for only $29.99! Beats paying Sixty Dollars Online for a Used one!

That's great! Way to go. I was never so lucky as to find one in stock any where. But I have it now so I can't complain.

Now I need to get my pre-order in for the new one that comes out in January. I keep trying but they don't have it in their system yet.
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby axiom » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:18 am

then of course there is the playstation 3 being released on November 17.

personally, I don't think Nintendo has come out with a good enough system to make me go back to nintendo, since the N64

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:33 pm

bah! They can keep the PS3, It'd take me another year or more to raise enough money for that (that would be including the money we saved for the Wii).

Id' rather be playing games now, especially with all I have read about the interactive features of the Wii. At first I thought it was going to be stupid... but now I can't wait to try some of the games. Maybe I can even get my father to play the bowling or golf games with me. :)

It makes me excited that Wii might just really make it possible for the *whole* family to play.

Mabe we'll have to have a Wii launch party at my house. 8)
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby dokool » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:45 pm

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:41 pm

That's total crap. :( I collect games, I DON'T trade them in. I don't have *any* I would want to sell. What a bunch of money grubbing bastards.

Especially since it says that you are only guaranteed a spot in line?? What the hell is that all about? If I pay for my system in full then I damn well should get it. I always hated that about both EB and Gamestop.

If I pre-order I almost always pay in full. But they always said they would only hold my game for 24 or 48 hours then it goes out on the shelf.

When I complained about this once at an EB they said it was because if they hold it for me and I don't pick it up right away they lose money... WTF... they already have MY money, so you want to sell it again and make more??!

It's all just stupid.. I hate corprate America. :evil:
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby dokool » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:57 pm

Con_Chair wrote:That's total crap. :( I collect games, I DON'T trade them in. I don't have *any* I would want to sell. What a bunch of money grubbing bastards.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that A, it's a Sunday (so it's hard for anyone to get an official story), and B, this is supposedly only a test program in Hawaii and Guam. Whether or not they'll expand it (and whether or not the program will work) is another story. The GameStop I called today said that they'd probably start taking pre-orders at the end of the month.

What I'm most pissed about is that I traded in a GameCube (I never really played it, it was just gathering dust) a couple weeks back, and had I known that they'd have set this system up, I'd have held onto it.

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:26 am

Grrrr Growl Hiss...

They better not do that stupid Trade in bit.

As to PS3... EAT MY SHORTS!!
I can wait for PS3 to come wayyy down in price.

What I can't wait for is A non Powerpuff Girl Link. Finaly the link we should have gotten on the Game Cube!!
Bakuretsu Con Pre-Planning 2001
Bakuretsu Con Staff member 2001-2013 O_o
Bakuretsu Con Director of Gaming 2003 and 2004
Bakuretsu Con Vice-Chair 2004 and 2005
Bakuretsu Con Head of Video Gaming 2006-2011 ^_^
Bakuretsu Con Director of Publications 2011

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:27 pm

Horray for the *real* Link! :)

The more I think about it I am glad that the Wii comes out after Baku... then we can make a big deal about it and go crazy! (cause before Baku we're just going to be plain crazy from stress and work, not from fun)
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby Gene_Starwind_ » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:35 pm

There is a New Phoenix Wright coming out??!!!???!?!??!?!??!??!?!?!? MUST PREORDER NOW!!!!!!! Well, tomorrow.

EDIT: HA!!!! I beat the Spam Filter!
Meow!

Next

Return to Video Games