Yaoi/Yuri/ Tentacle Dating game

Major Events, Chairty Auctions, Tournaments, Game Shows, Cosplay events, etc!

Yaoi/Yuri/ Tentacle Dating game

Postby ddking19 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Since I have mentioned this two Bakus in a row, I would like to volunteer for making/designing/running the Yaoi/Yuri/Tentacle Dating Game.
How I picture the game: the contestants are prepared with all the questions. They can practice and think about their answers (which I will make about 25+ questions) a few weeks before con. All the contestants must be in cosplay and be in character (since if I can get the group to sign up ahead of time, I could add props and other tidbits to make them more animated on stage).
The person who will ask the contestants is not prepared. I want them to be in the hot seat and read the questions for the first time.
Also, I want the audience to help with a few questions or tie-breakers to help the "player" to pick a contestant.

Since this is my first volunteer game, I would also like to ask if this game can be 18+.

In my next post, I will have some rough draft ideas for questions. 8)

Re: Yaoi/Yuri/ Tentacle Dating game

Postby Haru Menna » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Frist let me say that I also agree that the Dating Game needs to make a return next year. I know I personally missed it last year and I know several other attendies last year who were also looking forward to it. Two years ago at my first Baku the dating game was the #1 reason why I wanted to attend the con. It was one of my favorite events and yes while there was room for improvment it seemed over all well recieved by the audience . . . well except for one not so little thing . . . WHERE WAS MY YURI?!

Regarding the above mentioned ideas for the game set up it all sounds great. Pre picked and plannned questions is a wonderful idea, since I know not everyone is able to come up with stuff on the spot, much less when you factor in the stage fright. My only suggestion might be to have the character asking the questions know them ahead of time, since it really works well when the questions asked match the personality and "theme" if you will of the one asking them. Half the fun of watching sometimes is knowing why that particular question was asked and waiting with much antisipation for the responce.

Of course your idea could work out as well depending on how planed out it is. The dating pannel could prove rather comical if the "lucky" bachelors and bachelorettes were not too happy about being there so we took the liberty of pre selecting questions for them. The scene from Soul Eater where Maka looses the bet at the basket ball game and has to go on a date with her dad comes to mind.

Sorry to ramble on like this, but it was the one main thing lacking I think from Baku last year and I will gladly do what ever it takes to bring this event back. I'll gladly co-host, review applications, keep up correspondence, set up the room, and yes even crossplay (admit it you all loved the pig tails) if that is what it takes for me to get my Yuri fix this year at Baku.

Oh, one last thing? Yaoi/ Yuri/ and TENTACLES?! Are you out of your mind? Tentacles are bad . . . very very bad. Don't make me add Ika Musume to my list of cosplay outfits. I'll see your tentacle monster and make it Moe! Squid Girl . . . now that would make for a fun dating match up.

Postby Cuttlefishcuddler » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 am

Later in the year there will be sign ups for panels (should be posted on the front page). Also, there is a panels/workshop thread in the forums, you can pitch your idea there too, although the forums are really not busy enough for your idea to be buried or anything :P

Postby Loaym » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:25 pm

I do like the idea of the contestants being prepared with their answers. I'm not sure if that's been done in previous years or not, but I think it would really help them to respond in-character and think up good responses that will please the audience or get a laugh out of them.

Postby Taurosgrl » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:29 pm

I definitely want there to be an anime dating game next year, and would be more than willing to run a more family-friendly version of this for all of our con friends under the age of 18, with similar practices. These ideas sound like they would make for an interesting game, and I would be more than willing to help see this through.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby davenfonet » Mon May 14, 2012 9:45 pm

ddking19 wrote:Since I have mentioned this two Bakus in a row, I would like to volunteer for making/designing/running the Yaoi/Yuri/Tentacle Dating Game.
How I picture the game: the contestants are prepared with all the questions. They can practice and think about their answers (which I will make about 25+ questions) a few weeks before con. All the contestants must be in cosplay and be in character (since if I can get the group to sign up ahead of time, I could add props and other tidbits to make them more animated on stage).
The person who will ask the contestants is not prepared. I want them to be in the hot seat and read the questions for the first time.
Also, I want the audience to help with a few questions or tie-breakers to help the "player" to pick a contestant.

Since this is my first volunteer game, I would also like to ask if this game can be 18+.

Ideally contact me (the programming department) at programming@bakurestucon.org so that we can discuss this.
The ToddFather
---------------------------------------
Co-Director of Programing - 2008
Director of Programing - 2009
Vice-Chair - 2010
Director of Programing - 2011
Director of Programing - 2012

Postby ddking19 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:15 am

davenfonet wrote:
ddking19 wrote:Since I have mentioned this two Bakus in a row, I would like to volunteer for making/designing/running the Yaoi/Yuri/Tentacle Dating Game.

Ideally contact me (the programming department) at programming@bakurestucon.org so that we can discuss this.

I tried to email you, but the link did not work. I hope I am not too late to sign up for this game. Please let me know another way to contact you by.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby davenfonet » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm

ddking19 wrote:
davenfonet wrote:

I tried to email you, but the link did not work. I hope I am not too late to sign up for this game. Please let me know another way to contact you by.

I'd help if i spelt my email right

programming@bakuretsucon.org
The ToddFather
---------------------------------------
Co-Director of Programing - 2008
Director of Programing - 2009
Vice-Chair - 2010
Director of Programing - 2011
Director of Programing - 2012

Postby ddking19 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:29 pm

It's official X3 there is a dating game for Friday, the first day, of con. Now, I ideally would like players to sign up so the panelists would be prepared and the bachelor or bachelorette will be picked at con.

Please send information to be chosen to this email:

yaoi13yuri18date@gmail.com

Also include:
Your name

Return to Main Events