Cosplay Photoshoots

Can't find a place for your newest post? Then put it right here!

Cosplay Photoshoots

Postby Laili » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Hey all,

I finally got my old awesome camera replaced after it met bedrock when hiking on Canadian Thanksgiving. I was so sad to use a small digital camera that was my mom's to take pictures that had okay quality last year.

I noticed last year that if there was a group of cosplayers in the same series, notable ones I recalled was Pokemon and Hetalia, were going outside at the gazebo to have a photo shoot.

I wanted to offer my services and take pictures as well (I always missed out on these, but I cosplayed out of the box or not at all. LOL.) that way whoever is behind the camera can join in on the shoot. And yes, I'm free. ^^' I'm just a fellow con-goer willing to help out others. I'll also take pictures on any other devices you offer.

Besides, who doesn't love getting their picture taken at conventions?

I know for sure there will probably be a Pokemon and Hetalia, I'm hoping to do a Final Fantasy one since I'll be Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII this year. Are there any other people wanting a quick photoshoot outside? (Or inside in an area where we don't block any traffic for the convention/hotel staff. I'll be scouting when I get back to the convention this year.)

I will kinda schedule group sessions when to meet so that everyone is on the same page. Though for new people, you may have to let them know by word of mouth.

Any takers?
Last edited by Laili on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Fan. (2010-2011)
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Guru. (2012-present)

Re: Cosplay Photoshoots

Postby ddking19 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:18 pm

I would love pictures done by you, and a suggestion...you might want to find a place like deviant art or facebook to place all the pictures, so everyone can take or admire your photography genius X3

Postby Laili » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:29 am

I do have a DeviantArt account and I know Bakuretsu-Con has a page as well that I can link pictures too. I also need to start a Tumblr account. I'll post links here of all photos I take this year for people to have.

I am getting back into the swing of image manipulation on GIMP (free and legal to download!). I can do some shots and if requested, give them an Instagram feel to it. So if anyone wants a sepia-colored or black and white picture, I can do that for you. But for major things like "Can you take this lock of hair and remove it?" I'm still practicing.

But, let me list my equipment I will be bringing:
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 DSLR Camera
- Tripod
- Filters and Lenses (For lighting and zoom)

If anyone wants me to man their own camera, I can do that too. My tripod is a universal one and I can place other camera on it. I can also do smartphones/phones as well as long as the owner shows me how to take a picture on their phones/DSi/3DS/iOS/etc.

As for the indoor location, I'm debating on the little business area (If no one is really hanging out there or not too busy) in the main lobby for single/very small group shots. There's some nice couches and a coffee table there. For bigger groups, maybe in front of the fireplace in the lobby? I'm going to wait until I get back to the convention before I finalize a good place for large groups indoors (For the Pokemon one had like... 20 people!). All outdoor ones will be at the gazebo.

So, keep an eye out for a Rinoa and just tap me on the shoulder and we'll plan out a time to do a shoot.
For those who don't know what Rinoa looks like, I'll be dressed like this:
http://venturecosplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/rinoa_2.jpg

Oh, and just a reminder: IT'S ALL FREE!! :D

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby davenfonet » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Laili wrote:I do have a DeviantArt account and I know Bakuretsu-Con has a page as well that I can link pictures too. I also need to start a Tumblr account. I'll post links here of all photos I take this year for people to have.

I am getting back into the swing of image manipulation on GIMP (free and legal to download!). I can do some shots and if requested, give them an Instagram feel to it. So if anyone wants a sepia-colored or black and white picture, I can do that for you. But for major things like "Can you take this lock of hair and remove it?" I'm still practicing.

- Tripod

If anyone wants me to man their own camera, I can do that too. My tripod is a universal one and I can place other camera on it. I can also do smartphones/phones as well as long as the owner shows me how to take a picture on their phones/DSi/3DS/iOS/etc.

As for the indoor location, I'm debating on the little business area (If no one is really hanging out there or not too busy) in the main lobby for single/very small group shots. There's some nice couches and a coffee table there. For bigger groups, maybe in front of the fireplace in the lobby? I'm going to wait until I get back to the convention before I finalize a good place for large groups indoors (For the Pokemon one had like... 20 people!). All outdoor ones will be at the gazebo.

So, keep an eye out for a Rinoa and just tap me on the shoulder and we'll plan out a time to do a shoot.

FYI they have redone the lobby of the Hampton Inn its really really nice but might not be ideal for photoshoots. I might recommend the Gazebo outside of registration.
The ToddFather
---------------------------------------
Co-Director of Programing - 2008
Director of Programing - 2009
Vice-Chair - 2010
Director of Programing - 2011
Director of Programing - 2012

Postby Laili » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:24 pm

davenfonet wrote:
Laili wrote:I do have a DeviantArt account and I know Bakuretsu-Con has a page as well that I can link pictures too. I also need to start a Tumblr account. I'll post links here of all photos I take this year for people to have.

- Tripod

FYI they have redone the lobby of the Hampton Inn its really really nice but might not be ideal for photoshoots. I might recommend the Gazebo outside of registration.

The gazebo outside was the #1 place for the photo shoot meet-ups due to being away from the other hotel guests and not blocking traffic for guests/convention goers/staff. I was looking for an indoor back-up location in case the weather isn't on good terms.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby davenfonet » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:58 am

I don't think we have any plans for the open area next to the elevators near videogaming. That might be a good location
The ToddFather
---------------------------------------
Co-Director of Programing - 2008
Director of Programing - 2009
Vice-Chair - 2010
Director of Programing - 2011
Director of Programing - 2012

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby predaking » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:34 am

davenfonet wrote:I don't think we have any plans for the open area next to the elevators near videogaming. That might be a good location

If the above area is used please make sure to be considerate of other people who need to pass through the area.
2010 Green Room Staff
2011-2013 Green Room Assistant

Return to Off Topic