We love to hear from you

Re: We love to hear from you

Postby Luinta » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Halo might not be hte best example, as it WAS taken to various Japanese studios and worked into anime OVA's by some rather famous people in the anime biz.

Just pointing that out >_>
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Starlight » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Kirin Folken wrote:
ddking19 wrote:I would like to add one small note due to a small rumor I heard. A friend of mine told me another cosplayer was upset about the judges' selection of winners this year (I will not say who).

Since Donald Duck (which was me) is "technically" an American character, and many other American character cosplays were ignored or not allowed to be "competitive" in the cosplay masquerade, I have to ask why did I win.
I am honored, beyond all belief, but a few con staff members have made the point of saying "Japanese only." But, I was "half American" and the other half is made by a Japanese gamer industry.

So, in name of the hurt or fallen "American games or other cartoons" cosplayers, I hope the Judges will consider the art and time that all the cosplays take to make.

I understand that Baku adores the Japanese form in all styles, but American and other (many other) countries have amazing animes/manga/art/games/and styles that cannot (and should not) be ignored. I feel for the others, who worked hard on their cosplays and did not get an award, so I give this small and humble plea to those who did not win...

Do not stop making cosplays. American, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, or even Canadian cosplays, please do not stop.

I never meant for my cosplay to harm or anger another cosplayer. So, if this person can hear or read this, please continue to make and participate in the masquerade. I never, for all the issues Donald had, believed I would win Judge's Choice. I humbly bow to those who did not win and pray they continue to make wonderful cosplays. Everyone deserves their time, and I hope next time someone else will get their award for their hard work.

Bakuretsu Con is a Japanese Culture and Anime convention. We have tryed very hard to keep it that way. Many conventions have turned into Geekdum conventions, Bakuretsu Convention has never had any intention in turning into a Geekdum Con.

Donald Duck, might be an american character but keep in mind hes in a Japansese Video Game (next to FF characters) and thier is a Kingdom Hearts Manga. So that makes Donald Duck ok for the cosplay.

Halo... is an American Game, on an American Game Console.

In the case of rules remember the rules are set by the conventions and not the Judges, the Judges are expected to know the rules fully and follow them accordingly, any and all grey areas are discussed with the coordinator.

I was honored to be a Judge at Bakuretsucon this year; I was part of the craftsmanship team. I would like to state that all the judges are cosplayers and they know how much blood sweat in tears go into each and every detail of a cosplay and how much courage it takes to go up on stage. That being said, the rules of Bakuretsu-con rules are in line with their con focus, Japanese culture; please note that they are not the only Anime con with such restrictions. In-fact almost every, if not every, anime con I've been to has these same rules. The rules are very clearly stated online and, as with any competition, you should always read the rules prior to competing to avoid any issues. If anything is unclear or if you are unsure about anything you should always ask questions well prior to the con, if not then while you are signing-up for the competition.

We saw many amazing costumes in our judging and, as always, it was a tough choice. We gave everyone who walked through our doors the same courtesy and consideration that we would want shown to us were the situations were reversed, regardless of source material. I stand behind the decisions we made and I know that the decisions I was a part of making would not have changed.

Keep in mind, we only had 3 awards to give out that were craftsmanship specific (Best Craftsmanship and 2 Judges Choice) and we had input into the masquerade's Best In Show (since that is Overall Best Craftsmanship & Performance). Overall there were only 4 Place Awards total to give out (Best In Show, Best Craftsmanship, Best Skit, and Best Walk-on) and 6 Judges Awards. Compared to the number of participants that a very small amount, but that's also what makes it a competition. Each and every award had a ton of thought and consideration behind it.

Cosplay should be fun, and I want to encourage everyone to keep trying. We saw many wonderful cosplayers and it was wonderful to see all the costumes, it's always such a treat! It was thrilling to see entrants from previous years who had come back and the witness their improvements both in skill and prowess first hand. It was truly wonderful to see growth as cosplayers.

And on a personal note don't get me wrong I love me some non-Japanese characters as well, but that's not why I go to Baku (I have other conventions for that). I go to Baku because it is specifically focused on Japanese Anime, Manga, & Video Games.
Starlightslk @ ACParadise ~ Cosplay.com ~ Cosplay Lab ~ Cure
At Bakuretsucon = 2005-2008, 2010-2013

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Luinta wrote:Halo might not be hte best example, as it WAS taken to various Japanese studios and worked into anime OVA's by some rather famous people in the anime biz.

Links or it didn't happen 8)

IF... This OVA really was made in Japan, by a Japanese Animation studio and its done in anime Style. Then yes... Halo would be allowed.

Just having a Cartoon animated in Japan, but looking like a American Cartoon does not make it anime.
Bakuretsu Con Pre-Planning 2001
Bakuretsu Con Staff member 2001-2013 O_o
Bakuretsu Con Director of Gaming 2003 and 2004
Bakuretsu Con Vice-Chair 2004 and 2005
Bakuretsu Con Head of Video Gaming 2006-2011 ^_^
Bakuretsu Con Director of Publications 2011

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby davenfonet » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Kirin Folken wrote:
Luinta wrote:Halo might not be hte best example, as it WAS taken to various Japanese studios and worked into anime OVA's by some rather famous people in the anime biz.

Links or it didn't happen 8)

IF... This OVA really was made in Japan, by a Japanese Animation studio and its done in anime Style. Then yes... Halo would be allowed.

Just having a Cartoon animated in Japan, but looking like a American Cartoon does not make it anime.

There was a Halo Legandz put out by sony and microsoft in like 2009 to celebrate the release of reach; however, it was done in the style of the animatrix (bunch of shorts) and wasn't met with much aclaim. I did watch it but wasn't impressed. Halo is and will continue to be an american property and really doesn't have much place at baku. I'm sorry that someone worked hard on it; however, its like highlander (the anime) just cause it was made doesn't mean you can win the cosplay contest by dressing as Dustin McCloud.
The ToddFather
---------------------------------------
Co-Director of Programing - 2008
Director of Programing - 2009
Vice-Chair - 2010
Director of Programing - 2011
Director of Programing - 2012

Postby Luinta » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 am

I agree, I was just pointing out that Halo Legends could confuse hte issue of pointing at Halo as the American franchise.

IT was however fun to see a Spartan eaten by a dinosaur in the style of DBZ XD And heres that link for the sake of completeness: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_Legends

Studios:
Studio 4°C
Production I.G
Casio Entertainment
Toei Animation
Bones
Warner Bros.
343 Industries

Halo Legendsis a collection of seven animated short films set in the Haloscience-fiction universe. Financed by Halofranchise overseer 343 Industries, the stories were created by six Japanese production houses: Bones, Casio Entertainment, Production I.G., Studio 4°C, and Toei Animation. Shinji Aramaki, creator and director of Appleseedand Appleseed Ex Machina, serves as the project's creative director.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby sephygoth » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:08 am

This con is always a treat.

with the costumes, ug, Cmon guys, we as judges were allowed ONE prize in craftsmanship, ONE. Judges choice went to that which represented the theme of the con most, with limited grey lines.
That means of 20 costumers, there were a possible 19 that walked away not happy and one satisfied customer 0.0 I can't tell the person(who clearly expected the win) to lighten up, but I can remind you I remember every costume, all you members and everyone who walked on stage. After all, I did give out my extra baku-bucks to ones that DID NOT WIN after the show *AHEM*(which was more than the winners got) *cough* and those said baku-bucks and even hall tickets were not rejected from me. So I think the friendly competition went well. Wanna keep it well? don't let this bother you, get too competative and it will blind you. I've lost and won against my friends many times, none of us give a crap in the end. If you have a goal to triumph and plow through the USA to win shiny metals and awards, then well, you care too much. This is for fun and to drop by with what you had for a chance at legit "judging", by peeps that have some good experience and suggestions for you(if you ask).

I chose Donald, myself, by all means, ask why, question why. I'm not a kingdom hearts fan much(1st game was fun I admit). Anything not 100% Japanese was D-Q for the main award, non-Japanese were able to be considered for judges choice. None of that grey line/partial/mix applies guys, don't worry about it. But @ Donald I have to say, don't trivialize the prize. I mean, I made a decision, sat down to think about your getup, and chose ya for something, don't negate it! Enjoy it! and continue to shake it.

I stand behind the theme/rules and the other judges 100%. They listened to what we had to say and made decisions on their own, I remained unbiased but was so satisfied with their choices *.* Good crew, I didn't have to stress so hard.
Even though we had chosen craftsmanship before the masq, I thought it was great to include us(craft) in the final masq judging even though the masq judges "stole" our award! XD I was so happy we all agreed on it coincidentally, it was only fitting for us to incorporate ours into the masq, since the walk on REALLY helps decide the costume and presentation overall. It was pretty solid there.

*I would have liked to see friends/accompliss not accompany the cosplayer during the judge times, unfortunatly we were loose about it and well.... We had an entry that had friends go in just "to watch", and they made special points about the costume for myself to consider....I think it was something about make-up XD made me laugh a lot inside. The person competing shall decide to let judges know about anything special, otherwise we question if that person was involved, for real, or if it's the planted pals in the crowd routine for the applaud voting routine. Friends should not attend unless needed , no matter how much they promise to just be there" to watch". That was taking advantage of our kindness and hospitality in such a situation. yeah, don't do that.

If people REALLY wanna get deep into it/get philosophical/critique/reasons/help/guides/life universe and everything, shoot me an email, ID yourself and let the chat chit and shoot the shhhh well. I have no problem telling you what you want to know about the hows/whys and stuff of your experience, we shared that experience with you so I can definatly roll with whatever you got, be prepared though:I'm blunt and straight out. You guys tried very hard to do what you did so you deserve to know why we kinda think the way we do. Every time a shakey/shuttering cosplayer walked through the door I wish I could ease your nerves, but just coming in for the "judging " was brave enough. It's also tough to get on stage. I still have all your reference pics in my mind typing this ^^ Good stash

OK, so I think the cosplay section was fantastic, 2 prizes instead of one would be proper(novice and advanced catagories), but else, I can't argue with our coordinator's leadership. oh yeah, don't give the hall cosplay tickets to the judges, we were technically staff!!! ( LAter on, I simply turned tix over to those I thought were worthy of it) I care not about prizes, the con itself is a prize to me.
If you wanna know who your judge is:
http://www.cosplay.com/costumes/m15675/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48798023@N05/sets/

The VIDEO GAMING: needed work. More tv's(I know budget is tight) more new hit games ( I even brought a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3 just in case ). The temperature was a little cold....I loved it, but everyone else was a lil uncomfy. Using the room 2 doors down next yr? It definatly seemed downgraded from last yr.

Dealers room, all things considered, best so far at this location , 2003 had the mix of gaming and japan theme, so it was a tad more diverse. But this one, even with the not-so-great perishables, was still pretty awsome and busy.

MAIN LOBBY gaming: fantastic. Personable and did not scare away the dork in me, nor did it scare away the general public. You guys needed more card sessions(tournaments/trading sessions/ designated gaming times, etc) but I liked what I saw, and I never got to play anything -.- I was at my duties Saturday.

Greg and Chris Ayers were great peeps to see again. They always find a way to keep busy and keep the con spirits up.

Panels, needed a lot of work. I would not step into one there, it was not at all in the theme of the con. Another I DID want to see also wasnt along the theme. Too much of that. We need a star wars quote here:_____

Anime viewing was pretty good for what could be done nowdays and all the stuff that's up before it's distributed. Good selection.

Maid cafe, missed it again. I remember submitting the idea to do this the same year they started it and always wondering what they did with the idea. I wish it was more obvious a place, like the bottom floor near gaming or in the hotel lobbby (roped off for con-only?) . I saw a maid pouring tea and about to deliver it when I rushed by once, made me really want tea...in a tiny cup....go figure.

I like the 4 day con idea. I would have loved to enjoy it, trust me. We were kinda screwed out of our thursday via Hilton error and forced to stay and suffer loud. tv/barking dog/broken heater motel 6. avoid that motel... plague.
If you keep up the 4 day cons, maybe have the cosplay chess on the Friday?

Oh, more coverage on the con???. Update the site, update update Example":. I offered Bakuretsucon to cosplaylab as an event to include in my selections for local cosplayers/con-goers to see and check out. Cosplay lab rejected it and said there's no evidence the con exists, that was a sad email. There was pretty limited info on Baku, and with AAC creeping up on Baku's usual date, it might be hard to get folks to go the extra mile (well 100 miles) to hit a classic con when one is down the street at the same time that they'd usually go to Baku . I value this as what a real con is and was, small, relaxed, nerd specific, and of all things genuine. The fact that you guys are such a laid back con and don't seem to care about the big stuff is emitting an aura in the form of attendees. If you really don't care about numbers and are not worried about it, never mind, I actually understand. I guess what I mean is, what's more important, keeping a classic con classic and genuine, or headcount. I'm personally not worried about headcount, I'll go every yr!Gathering, con, whatever, you guys know it.
I do like the gaming aspect you guys seemed to try and keep, great flavor...if dorkage could be hickory smoked ^^

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:23 am

Always love seeing your post Sephygoth :)

Question... you mention the Baku Buck was more then the winners got... Did the winners not get thier medals?
<-- Going to be really REALLY annoyed if thats true

sephygoth wrote:
The VIDEO GAMING: needed work. More tv's(I know budget is tight) more new hit games ( I even brought a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3 just in case ). The temperature was a little cold....I loved it, but everyone else was a lil uncomfy. Using the room 2 doors down next yr? It definatly seemed downgraded from last yr.

^^

Funny story about tthis years Video Gaming, Friday I was waiting for my other TVs to arrive (4 32" LCD). Much miss communication between a few people , then the miss Communication being relayed back to me and I find out that I dont have more TVs. Then a staff memeber during the year borrowed the Cons PS3 and neglected to return the PS3 with its cables ( No Power, No Hookup, No Controlers, NO recharge cable). Which put the PS3 down for the weekend.... LAME. I had a bunch of bran new PS3 games to run at the convention this year but had no system to run it on. Add to that, the other next gen system I thought I was going to have, that didn't show up ether.

Luckly Cory was nice enough to bring his xbox360 which had MVC3, BB:CS etc on it. The TV bit remained a bit of a mess early saturday and then I got some of that sorted out and corrected by mid saturday.

So Video Gaming was lacking in its "new tech" department this year sadly. I wasn't happy about it, but once at the show its hard to correct this sort of problem as 99% of staff memebers are at the show already (many have to travel a good distance to get here) without blowing some serious money on new stuff on the spot.

I would honestly love to get some more LCD style TVs for Video Gaming, but its always come down to funding. Renting TVs is just not cost effective, its taken Bakuertsu Con many years to biuld up a collection of TVs that weren't on lone from the staff or attendies. Only 2 TVs in Video Gaming were on loan from a Staff memeber this year. That in itself is a pretty big accomplishment for Bakuretsu Con who use to steal the TVs out of all the staff memebers houses to function. 8) 2 of the Convention TVs were not brought to the Hotel this year because we didn't need them. Now that the Convention has the right number of TVs, I would expect to slowly see TV upgrades happening. Especialy on the older Tube style TVs (Im looking at you 14" tube TV hehe). At least 2 32"+ size LCD would be a great start, next gen systems have no place being put on a Tube TV.
Bakuretsu Con Pre-Planning 2001
Bakuretsu Con Staff member 2001-2013 O_o
Bakuretsu Con Director of Gaming 2003 and 2004
Bakuretsu Con Vice-Chair 2004 and 2005
Bakuretsu Con Head of Video Gaming 2006-2011 ^_^
Bakuretsu Con Director of Publications 2011

Postby Mesoian » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Luinta wrote:I agree, I was just pointing out that Halo Legends could confuse hte issue of pointing at Halo as the American franchise.

IT was however fun to see a Spartan eaten by a dinosaur in the style of DBZ XD And heres that link for the sake of completeness: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_Legends

Studios:
Studio 4°C
Production I.G
Casio Entertainment
Toei Animation
Bones
Warner Bros.
343 Industries

Halo Legends is a collection of seven animated short films set in the Haloscience-fiction universe. Financed by Halofranchise overseer 343 Industries, the stories were created by six Japanese production houses: Bones, Casio Entertainment, Production I.G., Studio 4°C, and Toei Animation. Shinji Aramaki, creator and director of Appleseedand Appleseed Ex Machina, serves as the project's creative director.

Only somewhat. The thing about Halo Legends, and really all of the "Ani-Movie" series (Animatrix, Batman: Gotham Knight, Halo Legends, Wolverine, Iron Man and next year's X-Men) is that they are American productions put in the hands of certain directors and animation heads. All the stories are written by the source material owners (In Halo Legends case, Joe Staten, the principle writer for each of the core Halo games) and only on-screen visual direction is left in the hand of the Japanese studios. The only original dialog written by a Japanese writer are for the Japanese screenplay scripting, the English and European sides were handled by Microsoft directly. While they can often quite be rather interesting, there no more of Japanese origin than Leos Carax's contribution to the movie TOKYO! (In which he takes his own pre-existing character and moves him to a Japanese setting). I could see there needing to be some consideration if it was a character unique to Halo Legends, but every character in that compilation is pre-existing or a faceless representation of a faction (ODST, Spartan, Covenent), though, that being said, I would have loved to see a cell-shaded Master Chief like in the final feature of the OAV. Ultimately though, Halo could be no more considered Japanese based off this rather poor quality OAV (because it really wasn't very good, especially compared to the Animatrix or Batman: Gotham Knight) than Guyver could be considered to be of American origin due to the terrible 90's film starring Mark Hamil.

And I understand that there's a lot of cross pollination happening with bigger franchises now a days. As stated earlier, X-Men is getting an anime next year, I've read the comedy based Kitty Pryde manga; Akira has been greenlit by Fox studios and will probably hit theaters in 2014; so certain reservations need to be made in certain cases. But Halo has had almost 0 penetration in japan and the only reason why Halo Legends exists was to serve as a quick DVD cash grab along side the release of Halo 3; similarly to how Sega re-released the Sonic The Hedgehog anime during the Dreamcast launch and placed it right next to Sonic Adventure on store shelves.

This one really is a no-brainer, Halo is American property and any Japanese involvement regarding the series was done at the request of Microsoft trying to emulate a formula that had varying success in the past. Baku is a convention focused upon Japanese culture, and Halo doesn't really have a place there. It would be similar to expecting to win a prize by dressing up as Captain Price from COD: Modern Warfare.

Now, all that being said, I totally agree with the sentiments stated earlier. Don't stop dressing up as things you like, just identify where you can COMPETE. I've attended conventions wearing stuff of American origin quite a few times and I know that I would be turned away at the door had I tried to get judged (or, at best, gotten an honest critique of the costume but still have been DQ'd). My advice in this particular instance? Take that mess down to PAX and ROCK IT OUT. I don't know if PAX has a costume contest, but that is definitely the place for that costume to draw first blood. And if you do, I'll see you there.
___

As for the con itself, I thought it was great! It's a nice little cozy thing that you can let yourself unwind at. I suppose I have a vested interest in the video game section and was a little bummed that it was so spartan this year, but at the same time, I got a few dozen good matches in and it was nice to play against people in a living setting rather than online. One thing I always wondered about tournaments though; since the con pretty much already proforms the take-over on the entire hotel every year anyway, is there a reason why we couldn't do tournaments in the lobby for more exposure? Granted I haven't attended previous to this year since 2008, but I remember people hooking up their xboxs to that TV and playing rounds of the 360 Naruto game when it was new. I think that could be a pretty cool way of people getting interested in it. Other than that...more classic game tournaments. Maybe a puzzle fighter HD tourney or a Money Puzzle Exchange exhibition. Next year should be rife with things to play though with all the new fighting games coming out. I just wish Japan had something coming out that was a little more multiplayer focused out here. Only thing I can think of are...monster hunter exhibitions? That would be tough though. Japan's gaming scene needs to pull it together in a big way.

Postby sephygoth » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Kirin Folken wrote:Always love seeing your post Sephygoth :)

Question... you mention the Baku Buck was more then the winners got... Did the winners not get thier medals?
<-- Going to be really REALLY annoyed if thats true

sephygoth wrote:

Always wish I could post, it was being saved up! but I ended up seeing a little confusion and needed to clear the air.
The cosplayers did get their medals(metals XD ). at con plans vs online agenda vs what we were given should have been shared early on I guess.I always appreciate the chance to try and live up to my experience in judging, thats an honor every time. I don't like making peeps think they lost for no reason XD, so like I said, ask me anything about this :twisted: First year for everything, first yr I've had complaints, I aim to satify all inquiries.

Speaking of first year complaints! *mumble grumble game room* I MEAN That awsome gaming room! :roll: It always changes, I never miss it though, this year is another first ever. That has never happened before: where a few tables are just empty, and I doubt that will happen again.
When I had the chance to play Pocket Fighter for real, on a cartridge that worked? yeah, the tv size didn't matter, I was satisfied. It sounds like a lot of bad luck ganged up on you guys this yr. If I could possibly help with that I would, but anything you guys rent for the con is 10 times better than any monitor/tv I have at home XD

May I suggest a list of games available? like, complete with a little icon/pic next to it in a folder to sift through(when scheduled games are not going) so that someone can say "hey do you have ..._game_ for ..._system_ " and if they don't know one they can find it the other way. I wouldn't mind doing that myself, if you guys had a list, I would/could/can excel that into something fierce and fancy. Sound liek something you'd like?

Also, when I said I never got to play in any gaming upstairs, reason for it was that for a certain game we needed more players, and it was cancelled due to needed 8, had 6 ppl. I ge to play it every night if I wanted to here at home, but for those in Bakuretsu country, it's a dissappointment. Again, more on the first couple days/nights! FNM :3

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby MandaTifa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:45 pm

I believe all of the winners got their medals...I think the person who wasn't present at the Masq ended up collecting their medal the next day at Info Desk.

I personally want to thank everyone for their patience with the Cosplay this year. I was kind of thrown into a very deep pool while only really knowing the doggy paddle. It went fairly well, and I enjoyed every moment of it, but there were certain hiccups *cough open office cough* that we could have done without, and I appreciate the patience that was exhibited by the fans and other staff. :)

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby predaking » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:58 am

Mesoian wrote:
As for the con itself, I thought it was great! It's a nice little cozy thing that you can let yourself unwind at. I suppose I have a vested interest in the video game section and was a little bummed that it was so spartan this year, but at the same time, I got a few dozen good matches in and it was nice to play against people in a living setting rather than online. One thing I always wondered about tournaments though; since the con pretty much already proforms the take-over on the entire hotel every year anyway, is there a reason why we couldn't do tournaments in the lobby for more exposure? Granted I haven't attended previous to this year since 2008, but I remember people hooking up their xboxs to that TV and playing rounds of the 360 Naruto game when it was new. I think that could be a pretty cool way of people getting interested in it. Other than that...more classic game tournaments. Maybe a puzzle fighter HD tourney or a Money Puzzle Exchange exhibition. Next year should be rife with things to play though with all the new fighting games coming out. I just wish Japan had something coming out that was a little more multiplayer focused out here. Only thing I can think of are...monster hunter exhibitions? That would be tough though. Japan's gaming scene needs to pull it together in a big way.

Number 1: The con does not do a complete take-over of the hotel. Number 2: The lobby is a common area for all hotel guests so it would inappropriate for the con to use the lobby TV for their use. As for the people who did hook up their systems to the TV the con has no control over this and hopefully they asked the hotel before doing this. Number 3: Tabletop gaming is held in the Lobby area and since Video gaming has its own area it would be unfair to Tabletop gaming to have video gaming in the Lobby as well.
2010 Green Room Staff
2011-2013 Green Room Assistant
2014 Head of Data Entry

Postby ddking19 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:48 pm

"I chose Donald, myself, by all means, ask why, question why. I'm not a kingdom hearts fan much(1st game was fun I admit). Anything not 100% Japanese was D-Q for the main award, non-Japanese were able to be considered for judges choice. None of that grey line/partial/mix applies guys, don't worry about it. But @ Donald I have to say, don't trivialize the prize. I mean, I made a decision, sat down to think about your getup, and chose ya for something, don't negate it! Enjoy it! and continue to shake it." (Sephygoth quote)

Thank you so much for this reply. I felt honored, beyond all can imagine, for the award. I am happy, and I do intend to keep making cosplay better and better! Even, Donald might reappear in other cons X3 I cannot get over the immense comments (good ones!) and the praise for this cosplay that was a slight dare on my friends part...X3

But, I feel better as well that everyone has explained their reasoning for choosing me. I never, ever, want to hurt another cosplayer's feelings. But, when I heard that rumor of that cosplayer...I felt I should speak up.

And again, thank you Sephygoth. I will never forget this Baku, ever. The praise for Donald will always be the best Baku moment I will relive in my mind for many years. Thank you.

Postby Laili » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 am

I would like to say THANK YOU!

You came at the right time this year. I went through nine days of non-stop work that consisted of no sleep, little to eat, no coffee (That's NOT good), and no time to socialize. Though I did clock in TONS of hours. I also went through dealing with hundreds of people, giving tours until I lost my voice many times, typing and counting like a maniac, etc.

Working in a gym is not easy. FYI.

Being able to get out of a uniform and throwing on my Final Fantasy shirt, hopping into my gold chocobo-- I mena, cruiser, and blasting J-rock/Pop/anime themes never felt sooooooooooooo good. Because at my gym, people think I'm a loon... I think I turned a few guys off when I said I listened to Japanese rock music.

And thank you for rehabilitating me to eat, sleep, and have fun. Oh, and have coffee. Thanks to the hotel for giving me an unlimited supply of it. ♥

It was a much needed break I needed from the real world. I was able to bring back fun stories, pictures, and experiences. I cannot wait for next year. I plan to be on the stage at the Masquerade next year.

Now, to clean my room and put my Final Fantasy figurines up to display. (I only took them out of the box ONCE.) D:
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Fan. (2010-2011)
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Guru. (2012-present)

Previous

Return to Bakuretsu Con 2011 Feedback