What Do You Want?

Check out our current list of dealers. If you are a dealer feel free to ask about what you should bring. If you would like a dealer to bring something special feel free to post about it here.
Bakuretsu Con Staff

What Do You Want?

Postby Momiji-k » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm

What items do you want to see for sale at Bakuretsu Con 2012? If the current dealers carry something you look for make sure to mention it. We are also looking to find out if there are items you haven't been able to find that you would purchase.
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Re: What Do You Want?

Postby Lexxifire » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:33 pm

I know I came into the Dealer's Room this year looking to complete my set of Chocobo Plush that I started last year.
I can't honestly remember who was selling them at Baku last year, but when I saw they weren't there last weekend I was mildly heart broken. Gotta say, compared to last year the selection of plush in general was fairly limited (aside from Hello Kitty) and that's usually what I save my money for whenever I go to conventions.

Postby KSeishou » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 pm

I would absolutely LOVE to see more Poke'mon gashapon and phone straps. ( I'm trying to find the new ones from the Zoroark movie :< )

ALSO... I noted that there are some imported items....

.... would like to see some of the Hitman reborn Takara Tomy & Gashapon.

Postby Delicious Orange » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm

I really only go to the Dealer's room looking for 2 things, Artbooks and Trading Figures. This year both were in very short supply and to be honest, those that were available were significantly overpriced. I know it's the business' prerogative to make a profit, but for example: There was one Kotobukiya figure they had priced at $100, virtually every major Kotobukiya reseller has it in their online store INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING for $70 or less. I want to help out local dealers, but I can't justify spending extra for no good reason (That's not even getting into the mini-figures that were marked up to 200-300% of their normal retail value and weren't even in their original packaging).

I typically favor artbooks, but thanks to online retailers Amazon and Toranoana, getting most artbooks is a lot easier online. The only ones I typically have a hard time finding are the Comiket exclusives, which weren't anywhere to be seen here.

So in summary, I'd like to see a bigger selection of artbooks, preferably harder to find Comiket/Comitia releases. Also more reasonably priced trading figures would be nice, but I'll be the first to admit I'm probably a lot pickier and more frugal than the average anime fan in a dealer's room.

Postby pettruchio » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:21 am

Delicious Orange wrote:I really only go to the Dealer's room looking for 2 things, Artbooks and Trading Figures. This year both were in very short supply and to be honest, those that were available were significantly overpriced. I know it's the business' prerogative to make a profit, but for example: There was one Kotobukiya figure they had priced at $100, virtually every major Kotobukiya reseller has it in their online store INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING for $70 or less. I want to help out local dealers, but I can't justify spending extra for no good reason (That's not even getting into the mini-figures that were marked up to 200-300% of their normal retail value and weren't even in their original packaging).

I typically favor artbooks, but thanks to online retailers Amazon and Toranoana, getting most artbooks is a lot easier online. The only ones I typically have a hard time finding are the Comiket exclusives, which weren't anywhere to be seen here.

So in summary, I'd like to see a bigger selection of artbooks, preferably harder to find Comiket/Comitia releases. Also more reasonably priced trading figures would be nice, but I'll be the first to admit I'm probably a lot pickier and more frugal than the average anime fan in a dealer's room.

I would LOVE to know where you shop online and find non-bootleg figures with the Kotobukiya name for $70 or less. Also the other figures that you said were marked up so high. I thought everything in the dealers room this year was reasonably priced. I am not a huge figure collector but I do know a bit about retail prices and I didn't think there were any that were unreasonable.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby predaking » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:48 am

pettruchio wrote:I would LOVE to know where you shop online and find non-bootleg figures with the Kotobukiya name for $70 or less. Also the other figures that you said were marked up so high. I thought everything in the dealers room this year was reasonably priced. I am not a huge figure collector but I do know a bit about retail prices and I didn't think there were any that were unreasonable.

I totally agree with pettruchio that everything in the dealer's room were reasonably priced. I know from dealing with Rosemary and Keith that they keep their prices reasonable.
2010 Green Room Staff
2011-2013 Green Room Assistant

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby davenfonet » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:42 am

pettruchio wrote:
Delicious Orange wrote:I really only go to the Dealer's room looking for 2 things, Artbooks and Trading Figures. This year both were in very short supply and to be honest, those that were available were significantly overpriced. I know it's the business' prerogative to make a profit, but for example: There was one Kotobukiya figure they had priced at $100, virtually every major Kotobukiya reseller has it in their online store INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING for $70 or less. I want to help out local dealers, but I can't justify spending extra for no good reason (That's not even getting into the mini-figures that were marked up to 200-300% of their normal retail value and weren't even in their original packaging).

I would LOVE to know where you shop online and find non-bootleg figures with the Kotobukiya name for $70 or less. Also the other figures that you said were marked up so high. I thought everything in the dealers room this year was reasonably priced. I am not a huge figure collector but I do know a bit about retail prices and I didn't think there were any that were unreasonable.

I think he is talking about the blind box figures which were on the more expensive side. I know that there are two philosophies on them one of them is you open then up and sell the popular figures for more and then less popular figures for the cost of the box + markup, the other is to just sell the boxes at a good markup to move them.

Some fans are really against the former and like the randomness of the blind box.
The ToddFather
---------------------------------------
Co-Director of Programing - 2008
Director of Programing - 2009
Vice-Chair - 2010
Director of Programing - 2011
Director of Programing - 2012

Postby Luinta » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:33 pm

I was slightly disapointed i nthe selection of figures, both poseable and non. I usually only spend my money on the GUndam models (which I found the one I was REALLY looking for! ^_^) and figures like the Final Fantasy playarts ones, or standing figures like the Rei Ayanami in Yukata that I found this year. I cant be more specific, as I usually jsut see what hits me, but I love collecting lovely figures ^_^ Rei looked absolutely stunning in her Yukata ^_____^

But yeah, back on track, I noticed this year there was less of a selection in terms of figures. I might be mistaken, but previoue years I remember seeing a wider selection.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby predaking » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:57 pm

You are correct. Keith told me that he did not bring as many Gundams as he usually brings especially since they had to go home right after the con instead of usually going to another con afterwards. As for other figures it is becoming harder to get them at reasonable prices due to cost of gas and other factors. Rosemary told me that a figure that was $30-$40 four years ago now costs about $45-$60 so this results in them carrying less as they can not afford to purchase things that will not sell.
2010 Green Room Staff

Postby Laili » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Just a little more variety in the Final Fantasy figurines. I was sad to only find 4 with tons of multiples of the four. I'd go bonkers if I saw the Play Arts Lightning figurine. But that's me being a FF fan.

Maybe if there was a small dealer between Anime USA and the cards I'd be pretty content with the rest of the dealer's room. Overall, it was still a great selection.
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Fan. (2010-2011)
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Guru. (2012-present)

Postby KSeishou » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:59 am

On the note of Final Fantasy items, I'd love to see some more Dissidia items around. ( though I'm mostly looking for one or two characters (Zidane) but still -shrug- )

Postby Luinta » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:15 am

I would be very interested in Persona3 figures, if they have access to those. It was one of my favve games, and it got me into Tarot, which really was a big thing for me ^_^
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby predaking » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:00 pm

If there is something that you are interested in purchasing you can request it by sending Rosemary an e-mail and she will do her best to get it. Do not use the e-mail address on the following web-site as the correct one is rosemary@animeusa.com

http://www.animeusaexpress.com/
2010 Green Room Staff

Postby ddking19 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:10 pm

I would like to see a newer selection of manga (which I spoke to the dealer and he had a previous con, but still...), more anime (late arrival but...I would like to see more of that), vocaloid figurines, a variety of phone strap figures, cardcaptor items (anything), and if possible...Japanese manga.

Postby Luinta » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:06 am

OOOH! UI second the vote for Vocaloid merchandice! Nandroid figures for sure at least! ^_^ SOOOOOOOO CUTE! I sould totally buy Tako-Lukas and the Luka Nandroid figure ^_______^

Next

Return to Dealer's Room