We love to hear from you

The Story Teller

We love to hear from you

Postby Kirin Folken » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Liked something? Didn't like something? Want to suggest something? Or just want to chat about this year at Bakuretsu Con.

This is the forum for you :)
Bakuretsu Con Pre-Planning 2001
Bakuretsu Con Staff member 2001-2013 O_o
Bakuretsu Con Director of Gaming 2003 and 2004
Bakuretsu Con Vice-Chair 2004 and 2005
Bakuretsu Con Head of Video Gaming 2006-2011 ^_^
Bakuretsu Con Director of Publications 2011

Re: We love to hear from you

Postby pettruchio » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:45 pm

I would have liked to see more game shows this year. I played the Wheel of Fortune thing last year and it was a lot of fun. Valerie and I talked about the reason it didn't come back this year, but I think it would be fun to have a variety of game shows next year.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:50 pm

Love interactive Workshops/Panels so Im all for more Game shows.

We need people cosplaying as our Mascots again!!

Postby Loaym » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:55 pm

A DDR tournament on the big screen, or even just casual DDR. (Was it just that there hadn't been time allotted for it amongst everything else that was going on in the room? I would love if we could bring it back!)

And game shows sound awesome, I'm all for 'em!

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:32 am

The past couple of years when we ran DDR I was told no one really played it. Last year it ran for a few hours and I think Laban said 2 people played for about 5 minutes and that was it. :(
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Postby Loaym » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 am

I was one of the people playing DDR at Baku 2010. I was there pretty much the whole time and went up against quite a few people. As I recall, it was on the Sunday morning, and admittedly there weren't a ton of people there, but it was certainly enough to have a great time.

Yes, it did die out after a while, but there were people who stuck around until the end, and unless my memories are completely skewed it was a bit more than two people for five minutes.

Have Bat will travel

Postby blcdude » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:23 am

I remember playing DDR briefly during 2010. Briefly- only a few songs. Didn't see it in the gaming room when I went down this year, and didn't bother to ask.

As for the con as a whole, I had a good time this year. No real complaints- enjoyed pretty much everything I participated in, being it the numerous panels, Cosplay Chess, the cosplay contest, Let's Make a Baku Deal, whatever. The guest panels I went to were fun and somewhat informative, somewhat crazy. Charity auction continues to be a great part of the con. Everything just seemed to go well, there was plenty to do, and it was just good fun.

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:47 am

No DDR this year was my fault, I kept getting dragged away from VG room so the DDR gear just sat in thier totes. I did want to get DDR on the big screeen like we did for Rock Band.
Sunday might have been a good day as we had a schudel mess up in Panel room 3 about when Yu gi oh would start. But I didnt' want to kick all of the players out after they had shown up early for thier event. So we ended up getting them some tables and just letting them have the room.

I'll put that in notes, DDR on the big screen (and Rock band again). With it being on the schedule like the Rock band might be able to get a bit more interest in it then just tossing it on a game system in the main VG room.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby predaking » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Also don't forgot to fill out the post-con survey at the following link:

http://bakuretsucon.org/survey.php
2010 Green Room Staff
2011-2013 Green Room Assistant

Postby KSeishou » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:13 pm

I REALLY Hope that you all bring back the schedules posted outside the rooms every day. That was very helpful. It also made it SO much easier to find everything.

Postby Luinta » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:20 am

YES! I second the notion that the shcedules posted outside each event room were a BIG help! IT made it easy to get oriented at a glance and helped to stave off confusion as to which room was which. IT may have been mapped out inhte con book, but having it right there with no page flipping really was something I appreaciated, thank you ^_^
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:13 am

Not only for attendies, but for staff that was great to have them posted like that. So we would quickly tell what was going on in the room and wht would be going on. Not everyone bothers to read the schedule or con book so it helped having it posted in another location. Plus changes to the room were easy as we could just pen in a change or correction. (had a few due to flight issues).

Postby ddking19 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:07 pm

I would like to add one small note due to a small rumor I heard. A friend of mine told me another cosplayer was upset about the judges' selection of winners this year (I will not say who).

Since Donald Duck (which was me) is "technically" an American character, and many other American character cosplays were ignored or not allowed to be "competitive" in the cosplay masquerade, I have to ask why did I win.
I am honored, beyond all belief, but a few con staff members have made the point of saying "Japanese only." But, I was "half American" and the other half is made by a Japanese gamer industry.

So, in name of the hurt or fallen "American games or other cartoons" cosplayers, I hope the Judges will consider the art and time that all the cosplays take to make.

I understand that Baku adores the Japanese form in all styles, but American and other (many other) countries have amazing animes/manga/art/games/and styles that cannot (and should not) be ignored. I feel for the others, who worked hard on their cosplays and did not get an award, so I give this small and humble plea to those who did not win...

Do not stop making cosplays. American, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, or even Canadian cosplays, please do not stop.

I never meant for my cosplay to harm or anger another cosplayer. So, if this person can hear or read this, please continue to make and participate in the masquerade. I never, for all the issues Donald had, believed I would win Judge's Choice. I humbly bow to those who did not win and pray they continue to make wonderful cosplays. Everyone deserves their time, and I hope next time someone else will get their award for their hard work.

Postby ddking19 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:08 pm

To Neko-Jin, I adore you stuff! Keep coming back!

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:16 pm

ddking19 wrote:I would like to add one small note due to a small rumor I heard. A friend of mine told me another cosplayer was upset about the judges' selection of winners this year (I will not say who).

Since Donald Duck (which was me) is "technically" an American character, and many other American character cosplays were ignored or not allowed to be "competitive" in the cosplay masquerade, I have to ask why did I win.
I am honored, beyond all belief, but a few con staff members have made the point of saying "Japanese only." But, I was "half American" and the other half is made by a Japanese gamer industry.

So, in name of the hurt or fallen "American games or other cartoons" cosplayers, I hope the Judges will consider the art and time that all the cosplays take to make.

I understand that Baku adores the Japanese form in all styles, but American and other (many other) countries have amazing animes/manga/art/games/and styles that cannot (and should not) be ignored. I feel for the others, who worked hard on their cosplays and did not get an award, so I give this small and humble plea to those who did not win...

Do not stop making cosplays. American, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, or even Canadian cosplays, please do not stop.

I never meant for my cosplay to harm or anger another cosplayer. So, if this person can hear or read this, please continue to make and participate in the masquerade. I never, for all the issues Donald had, believed I would win Judge's Choice. I humbly bow to those who did not win and pray they continue to make wonderful cosplays. Everyone deserves their time, and I hope next time someone else will get their award for their hard work.

Bakuretsu Con is a Japanese Culture and Anime convention. We have tryed very hard to keep it that way. Many conventions have turned into Geekdum conventions, Bakuretsu Convention has never had any intention in turning into a Geekdum Con.

Donald Duck, might be an american character but keep in mind hes in a Japansese Video Game (next to FF characters) and thier is a Kingdom Hearts Manga. So that makes Donald Duck ok for the cosplay.

Halo... is an American Game, on an American Game Console.

Next

Return to Bakuretsu Con 2011 Feedback