Getbackers Manga

Want to talk about manga? Well now we have a place to do that!

Getbackers Manga

Postby pettruchio » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:50 am

I have been reading the Getbackers Manga (thanks to my bestest friend lending it to me) and Ihave to say that I am not impressed.

I watched the series recently and I totally fell in love with it. I ended up buying the whole thing and I have been watching it repeatedly. However there were a few things that I read on the forums that weren't explained in the anime. So I borrowed the manga from my friend Jade and I am surprised and disappointed that it is so vulgar. There is a lot more crudeness to the style of the manga then there was in the anime. I would normally stop reading it altogether at this point but I am still curious about certain character development.

Has anyone else read the manga and watched the anime? which did you like better?
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby bedhead » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:16 pm

I haven't read any of it yet, but I saw a few adds in the back of some manga and got really interested. Is it worth the read?
"It was a joke...."

Postby pettruchio » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:34 pm

I didn't think so. I saw the anime first and I fell in love with it...then I read the manga because my friend told me there was a lot of explanation about Kazuki in there and he was one of my favorite characters. But the manga is crude and terrible in my opinion not worth reading. They cleaned up the anime a lot.

Postby bedhead » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:33 pm

Would I understand the anime without the books?
"It was a joke...."

Postby pettruchio » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:39 am

Absolutely...in fact I would highly recommend watching the anime. I just popped it in again tonight while drawing my Tiffany Grant fan art...*squeals* I digress....yes the anime series is a really great, underated series. A lot of people associate it with yaoi since there aren't a lot of women in it but it is not yaoi at all.....its just a lot of fun. The dub is not that great (there aren't many that are these days :( ) but its still a great series.

Postby mikael » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:12 am

umm....the thing is that the manga is more crude...because thats the way it was made...the anime is more soft because its lets say censored...since the anime would be more commercial and underage kids would probably watch it...thats why..the manga not everybody reads it and tahts why...the same thing happened with air gear...so sorry dude in my opinion the manga is much better because thats how the series would have been made if it wasnt for kids watching it and commercialization...

btw i didnt found all the manga volumes...does the manga continue the anime? cuz the 1st volumes are about the same as the anime...i wanna know about the rest....

P.S. since this is my 1st post i wanna say hello to everyone...

Postby pettruchio » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:35 am

I agree that the manga is the way the series was intended....thats usually how it is because manga usually comes out before the anime is made....in this case though I just couldn't get past the crudeness.....I really enjoyed the anime but I just didn't like the lack of taste the manga had. I only read the first 12, I know its still coming out though, i don't know how many are out at the moment.

Re: Getbackers Manga

Postby KSeishou » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:01 pm

:< I could never really get into the manga for this series. The art style just always seemed so... unrefined to me. It was quite disappointing in comparison to the manga.
....Even if the manga is the original story... What can I say, I'm picky about art style sometimes ;/ ( To me it looks like DragonballZ bodies with pretty faces and huge knockers on the ladies. )

Return to Manga