Work Continues

Information about the Anime Society of Vermont
Bakuretsu Con Staff

Work Continues

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:28 am

Yes, we are still working on getting ASV up and truly running. But once we do it is going to be a great resource for local anime fans as well as those who are not.

For those who are local we are still working on the ASV library. We have consistantly adding titles of Manga and started on other aspects like art books. Our convention surveys showed a need for more shonnen manga and that is what we are focusing on right now.

The web site is coming along and will be a great resource for anyone in general. With plans to host Baku Con video footage as well as AMVs, Fan Fiction, Video Game reviews, and lessons about Japanese culture there will be something for everyone.

If you have an idea or would like to get involved with writing content for ASV please let us know. You can post your comments here or send me a private message.
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

ASV Club

Postby suefuninvt » Sun May 28, 2006 9:34 pm

I was wondering how the ASV club is coming. I had heard it was going to be up and running last summer, but then never heard any more. How's it coming along? :?

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:33 pm

Slow.... sadly
Bakuretsu Con Pre-Planning 2001
Bakuretsu Con Staff member 2001-2013 O_o
Bakuretsu Con Director of Gaming 2003 and 2004
Bakuretsu Con Vice-Chair 2004 and 2005
Bakuretsu Con Head of Video Gaming 2006-2011 ^_^
Bakuretsu Con Director of Publications 2011

Re: Work Continues

Postby XxShugoTenshixX » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:48 pm

Con_Chair wrote: ... and lessons about Japanese culture there will be something for everyone.

I think a daily kotowaza (Japanese Proverb) would be very informational and fun. Maybe I'm biased, being a TA at EHS who has to teach the daily kotowaza, but it's always fun to see the paralells between our own little sayings and the Japanese way. (The grass is always bluer in your neighbors flowerbox/lawn , of course, is a favorite.)

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:43 pm

And now we come to the big excuse of why ASV is not operating yet.

Lack of man power....

After we got back on track last fall (after being delayed over the summer) everyone moved out of the area and it has been difficult for us to get anything done. :(

Maybe we can get the ball rolling again real soon since many people are in the area right now for the summer. I would LOVE to get things opened up and have a place where people can come and borrow anime or just hang out.

Don't give up hope, it WILL happen...
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby zcat68 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:15 am

Would you take on members from outside the area, who are willing to help on a creative end and whenever possible provide phyiscal assisstance (clearly it wouldn't be as often as locals, but it would definately be more than not having help at all!)
"I thought clowns made everyone else laugh?" Kurama

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:31 pm

We sure would! :)

The only problem is we got overwhealmed with other projects so this never took off... it is sadly still on the back burner. The space we were going to use for it is an area of our garage we were converting (it was coming along pretty nice) and then a lot of stuff happened and it became an area for storage of bulky Baku equipment and for our hosehold recycling (cardboard boxes).

I really do hope we will get the chance this winter to go back to work on it. Between real jobs (many of them), Baku, and a 4-year-old life gets really crazy.... :shock:
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:58 pm

I've babysat a four year old before it's a wonder how your not overwhelmed. . .

Return to All About ASV