Cosplaying?

Can't find a place for your newest post? Then put it right here!

Cosplaying?

Postby Lexxifire » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:54 am

I don't think anyone has asked this yet...
Which is odd because it's usually the first thing I think of whenever conventions are coming up. So therefore I shall take it upon myself to do the asking!

What might everyone be cosplaying as this year?
I'm between like 4 different ideas, but it's always good to have an idea of what others are doing so I'll know who/what to look for when I'm wandering around with my camera ~

Re: Cosplaying?

Postby bezoar10 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:14 pm

yeah! I'm planning on being Kallen and CC for code geass and Halibel from Bleach! :D

Postby osurpless » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:55 pm

I'll be Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts, Chief Irons from Resident Evil 2
and Panama from Hetalia (probably)
"Oh Please, Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God." Vagrant Story - Sydney Losstarot

Postby pettruchio » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Xemnas....come prepared. We have a group of KH coming...I will be there as Sora.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby osurpless » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Nice, here's hoping my KH panel gets approved for this year. I've made a few changes that I think any KH fan will enjoy, and will be making changes likely up until the con!
"Oh Please, Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God." Vagrant Story - Sydney Losstarot

Postby Lexxifire » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:36 am

Yay for cosplaying!
I finally decided that I shall be going as Feferi and Her Imperious Condecension from Homestuck.
All because my friends wont let me do anything else....fiends that they are.
Got a lot of work to do before the convention though. Hopefully I can pull it off!

Have Bat will travel

Postby blcdude » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:57 am

While nothing is quite finalized, I've been thinking of doing No Face from Spirited Away. That said, nothing is finalized, so there is still a chance that won't happen, but we'll see. Struggling a bit with how to do the mask, but have plans for the rest of the costume. It's just a matter of getting around to it.

Postby Laili » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:33 pm

pettruchio wrote:Xemnas....come prepared. We have a group of KH coming...I will be there as Sora.

Sora, have your magic ready. My friend just completed her KH Donald Duck cosplay.

I will be Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII. Or you may see me as Lightning in one of her alternate outfits from Dissidia 012 (The Aya Brea outfit from The 3rd Birthday).

Or you may see me as the female Pokemon Trainer from FireRed/LeafGreen.
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Fan. (2010-2011)
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Guru. (2012-present)

Postby pettruchio » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:39 am

Unfortunately Sora has been called away to another world and won't be making it to Baku this year. Sorry. However, I can't wait to see Donald and I love Lightning so it will be cool to see her too!!
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby osurpless » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:29 pm

pettruchio wrote:Unfortunately Sora has been called away to another world and won't be making it to Baku this year. Sorry. However, I can't wait to see Donald and I love Lightning so it will be cool to see her too!!

As you said, and especially so with Aya Brea. While not as much in the 3rd Birthday, Ms. Brea is one of the strongest female characters in video game history, to the point that even men agreed that the shower scene in PEII was mindless fanservice ( just be glad we let you have Serge's rebirth in Chrono Cross :D)

Postby Laili » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:42 pm

osurpless wrote:
pettruchio wrote:Unfortunately Sora has been called away to another world and won't be making it to Baku this year. Sorry. However, I can't wait to see Donald and I love Lightning so it will be cool to see her too!!

As you said, and especially so with Aya Brea. While not as much in the 3rd Birthday, Ms. Brea is one of the strongest female characters in video game history, to the point that even men agreed that the shower scene in PEII was mindless fanservice ( just be glad we let you have Serge's rebirth in Chrono Cross :D)

Well. Mom's been busy with a wedding doing a ton of sewing. And we don't have a lot done on the original costume, so we may opt and go for the Aya Brea look that Lightning does in Dissidia 012. Seen here:
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/2/2d/Lightning_Aya_Costume.png

Postby bezoar10 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 am

i changed my mind, I'm going to be Halibel from bleach, and A sexy Kakashi No-Jutsu. hellz yeah <3

Postby Laili » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:27 pm

I must sadly announce that I will not be Lightning this year... again.

I decided to go as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider 2012, where she survives a shipwreck graveyard off the coast of Japan.

Have Bat will travel

Postby blcdude » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:21 pm

I did end up finishing that No Face cosplay I mentioned. A bit rough around the edges, but not bad considering it's the first time I've legitimately tried making a costume.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby majik » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:59 am

I loved seeing No Face around the con, very well done!
Bakuretsu Con Occasional AA Babysitter.
MC extraordinaire. Go To Girl.
Panelist Supreme!!!! (of doom)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/majikcraft

Return to Off Topic