Favorite game soundtracks?

Looking for a soundtrack or song? Want to talk about anime or game music?

Re: Favorite game soundtracks?

Postby Laili » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:33 pm

osurpless wrote:
Laili wrote:I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy music (obviously...). My iPod has a good chunk of a library dedicated to it, and I usually buy one of the soundtracks when I have a iTunes giftcard or if I have a few dollars to spend. I did just recently bought the tickets to go see Distant Worlds and watch the orchestra perform to Final Fantasy music all night, and on top of that... Meet Nobou Uematsu at the Meet and Greet after the show! (I shall be posting pictures and videos!)

Another favorite: Shadow of the Colossus. It's calming and exciting to listen to, depending on the song.

Yea, being in NY, you probably went to the one in April. I was there both nights, and it was pretty darn great. Seeing the Opera from FFVI performed the 2nd night made up for many tracks that they just repeated from the first night.

Now, if we could only get a Kingdom Hearts concert...

I actually bought the tickets to see Distant Worlds in Toronto in March 2012. It's quite a wait, but it's worth it. I'm dedicating my savings account for the trip, cause I intend to explore a bit of Toronto while I'm there to pass the time.

You will have to speak to Yoko Shimomura about that. She did the music. The only Final Fantasy project she's doing is Versus XIII.
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Fan. (2010-2011)
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Guru. (2012-present)

Postby osurpless » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 am

Extra post
Last edited by osurpless on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh Please, Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God." Vagrant Story - Sydney Losstarot

Postby osurpless » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 am

Laili wrote:
osurpless wrote:
Laili wrote:I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy music (obviously...). My iPod has a good chunk of a library dedicated to it, and I usually buy one of the soundtracks when I have a iTunes giftcard or if I have a few dollars to spend. I did just recently bought the tickets to go see Distant Worlds and watch the orchestra perform to Final Fantasy music all night, and on top of that... Meet Nobou Uematsu at the Meet and Greet after the show! (I shall be posting pictures and videos!)

Another favorite: Shadow of the Colossus. It's calming and exciting to listen to, depending on the song.

Yea, being in NY, you probably went to the one in April. I was there both nights, and it was pretty darn great. Seeing the Opera from FFVI performed the 2nd night made up for many tracks that they just repeated from the first night.

Now, if we could only get a Kingdom Hearts concert...

I actually bought the tickets to see Distant Worlds in Toronto in March 2012. It's quite a wait, but it's worth it. I'm dedicating my savings account for the trip, cause I intend to explore a bit of Toronto while I'm there to pass the time.

You will have to speak to Yoko Shimomura about that. She did the music. The only Final Fantasy project she's doing is Versus XIII.

True, true.

But there is increasingly good signs as Nintendo is now planning a series of Legend of Zelda concerts through 2012 to celebrate the series' 25th Anniversary.

Let's hope that they are popular, so other series will be given attention as well!
"Oh Please, Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God." Vagrant Story - Sydney Losstarot

Postby KSeishou » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:05 pm

I would so have to say my fav game soundtracks are the Sonic ones... I like music with lyrics over music without. However... Ledgend of Zelda would be very close even without the lyrical music.

Previous

Return to Anime & Game Music