Queen City Kamikaze

This a place you can talk about conventions in general. There are several in the New England area now.
Have Bat will travel

Queen City Kamikaze

Postby blcdude » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Queen City Kamikaze- Feb. 19 at the Manchester Memorial High School. For those curious, website is http://www.queencitykamikaze.com/.

Anyone doing this one? I stumbled across it today, and it seems interesting. It's (relatively) close to where I live, so I might give it a shot. It's a one-day anime/videogame con, costs $10 to get in. I'm not expecting a lot (it appears to be a small con at a local High School), but it might be a fun way to spend what would otherwise be a cold day in February. On that note- anyone go last year? What did you think?

The other cons I'm thinking of hitting this year are Another Anime Convention and Bakuretsu Con. Nothing finalized at this point, of course, but maybe I'll see you there.

Have Bat will travel

Re: Queen City Kamikaze

Postby blcdude » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:27 am

Figured I'd post an update here. My friend Kevin and I went to Queen City Kamikaze on Saturday. Neither of us were in costume (though I am thinking of a costume for Baku, nothing finalized yet). It was a fun, low-key convention.

It's always fun going through Artist's Alley. Bought a few comics- issues of Sky Pirates of Valendor (which I haven't read quite yet) and Zephyr & Reginald: Minions for Hire (which is absolutely hilarious). Got a few smaller items too, including a FLCL bookmark, a sketch of Death (from Sandman), a Sissel cell phone charm and a Tachikoma keychain.

My favorite event of the day was the Cosplay Dating Game. I missed this at Baku last year (it was at the same time as the charity auction, and I can't be in two places at once... yet). It was a riot, especially when the bachelorette was Domo.

All in all, a fun little one-day con.

Return to Other Conventions