Cosplay Masq

Major Events, Chairty Auctions, Tournaments, Game Shows, Cosplay events, etc!
Bakuretsu Con Staff
Location: The end of time and space, where only the lost may tred

Cosplay Masq

Postby Shadow_Requium » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Hey Guys!

Calling all cosplayers, sign ups for the masquerade are now online! Please read the rules and sign up! The show is always great because of your participation.

And as an added bit this year, we have a non judged round for those of you who just want to get on stage (even if your costume isn't hand made).
Costumes
2003 Riku, FFX – Baku
2005 Mahou - Baku
2007 Tutu, Princess Tutu – Baku
2009 Chi, Chobits – Baku / Dia, Shugo Chara – AAC
2010 Ranma, Ranma ½ - AB
2011 Lucy, Fairy Tail – AB
2012 Zelda, Skyward Sword - AB / TARDIS, Doctor Who - Otakuthon

Re: Cosplay Masq

Postby jusdepomme » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 pm

Hey! I have to say that the masquerade was really great! I had real pleasure to talk to your workmanship judges! It's rare I get to see judges who really take their times to talk to you and see everything of your costume! To all the staff, I know how hard it is to pull of a masquerade and it was really great! Thank you for your job, it was simply amazing!

And to the audience, you were the best audience I've seen since a long time! I kinda find that most of the crowds are lacking respect and at some conventions, they event yell some cat calls to the cosplayers in front. But it wasn't the case at Baku and it was a great refreshment for me!

Re: Cosplay Masq

Postby sephygoth » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:05 am

jusdepomme wrote:Hey! I have to say that the masquerade was really great! I had real pleasure to talk to your workmanship judges! It's rare I get to see judges who really take their times to talk to you and see everything of your costume! To all the staff, I know how hard it is to pull of a masquerade and it was really great! Thank you for your job, it was simply amazing!

And to the audience, you were the best audience I've seen since a long time! I kinda find that most of the crowds are lacking respect and at some conventions, they event yell some cat calls to the cosplayers in front. But it wasn't the case at Baku and it was a great refreshment for me!

Usually I'm the cat being yelled at onstage *funny sad*
I'm gona poke jusdepomme here and thank her for he kudos on my costume on cosplay.com, without her knowing it was me.
After being up late the night before in said blue demon cosplay, it was a relief to hear that cosplay craftmanship was delayed an hour. We were on time for having people come in to get judged, but that extra hour gave me time to chat with like 20 people I'd probably not be able to. AND we were able to slip in that cup of coffee.
So the delay was a good thing. Probably helped others get into gear and randomly stop by.

I like having the masq early, thats plain awsome. It gets cold and dark early in Oct, so getting people in order early is awsome. This year in particular, it started on time, and seemed over before it began. I think we need to encourage more skit skits, I prefer walk ons myself for "cosplay" but I love seeing a show and Baku is the best to pull it off, with all the space and room (there was the craftmanship judging room vacant for practice at about 1pm I think)

Thanks to the masq judges who stuck to the rules, I hope we didn't seem pushy from our end, offering advise can feel that way. You guys didn't have much time to decide on stuff, but it was great and I think the crowd hung around because it was quick...FEW people took off after the actual show and DID stick around for the AMV and cosplay awards. Tastey.

Return to Main Events