RPG's and their Storylines

Announcements and details about panels and workshops.
Please start a new topic when making a suggestion.

RPG's and their Storylines

Postby osurpless » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:36 pm

I submitted this panel for Baku 2010 as well:

"Role Playing Games have always been recognized as those most at the forefront of storytelling in video games. In addition to creative original stories, RPG's draw from mythology and many of the world's religions to weave tales of adventure, political intrigue, mysticism and spirituality. There are stories that use established plotlines and archetypes to weave a fresh take on a familiar story (Final Fantasy), while others are confusing as all get out, seemingly making things up as they go only to explain it near the end. (Chrono Cross and Xenogears)

This panel is for fans of both, hosted by a video game lover who is far too analytical for his own good. Come by and let's discuss some of these games' difficult to explain mysteries, deep exposition into seemingly simple events, or just what Cloud has done to deserve Aerith or Tifa...

Anyone interested in such a panel? Western RPG's will be covered as well!
"Oh Please, Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God." Vagrant Story - Sydney Losstarot

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Re: RPG's and their Storylines

Postby Cheese Pig » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:58 pm

I think it sounds like a good time :D As a writer, I have fun breaking down stories in anything, shows, games, obviously written works... I enjoy the concept of both a very thought-through story that's planned and ties everything together, as well as one that just kind of falls into place as they figure out where to bring it next. I always love trying to figure out how writers come up with their stuff.
Kira Hinkley
Staff Pool; still swimming.
Unofficial Assistant Head of Volunteers
(The Paw of the Gopher Queen)
One who laughs like a guinea pig and ingests far too much cheese.

Postby osurpless » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:31 am

My panel was accepted! See you all Friday the 22nd at 2pm!
"Oh Please, Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God." Vagrant Story - Sydney Losstarot

Postby lordofvt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:52 pm

osurpless wrote:My panel was accepted! See you all Friday the 22nd at 2pm!

The schedule is not finalized so this may change.
Andrew Reckers
Con Chair 2012
2009-2011 Director of Convention Operations
2007-08 Tech Staff

Postby osurpless » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:13 pm

lordofvt wrote:
osurpless wrote:My panel was accepted! See you all Friday the 22nd at 2pm!

The schedule is not finalized so this may change.

Good point. It was probably too early, and I'll have to wait until the main site's announcement to confirm the times.

Thanks for the reminder.

Return to Panels & Workshops