Lolita meetup?

Can't find a place for your newest post? Then put it right here!

Lolita meetup?

Postby mugenLee » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Any Lolita girls wanna plan a meetup somewhere? If we set a date and place let's get as many people as possible! It'll be fun. ^-^ let me know if you're interested!

Re: Lolita meetup?

Postby YenniChan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:05 pm

I'd love to have a loli meetup at dobra XD

Postby mugenLee » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:37 am

YenniChan wrote:I'd love to have a loli meetup at dobra XD

I was thinking along the lines of a park in Burlington.. Or somewhere. (I probably shoulda mentioned that or something. x.x) Just an idea I got while I was ordering a new dress c: I figured it could be a super fun time.

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:05 am

I think it would be a good plan to have one outside before it gets too cold... But Dobra would be an awesome place for when it get colder.
Comiket51 1999
Bakuretsucon 2006
Bakuretsucon 2007 Volunteer
Anime Boston 2008
PortconMaine 2008
Otakon 2008
Bakuretsucon 2008 Artist
Anime Boston 2009-Tech Staff
Otakon 2009- Main Events Staff
Anime Boston 2010- Tech Staff

Postby mugenLee » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Hug Me! wrote:I think it would be a good plan to have one outside before it gets too cold... But Dobra would be an awesome place for when it get colder.

yes, but there isn't too much time for planning an outside meetup before it gets too cold. /: knowing Vermont weather and all. But now that I think of it Dobra would be perfect. C:

Postby YenniChan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:44 pm

what about the first weekend in october? it should still be warm enough to do something at the stone circle during mid-day....

those of you who don't know where the stone circle (well its actually a square but w/e) I mean is....i'm talking about the one down the bike path by the waterfront...if you go to google maps and plug in 44.482703, -73.224033 it will direct you to a square looking stone thing right above penny lane....those driving can park in the lot that's just south of it, and those walking it's really close to the waterfront....

Postby mugenLee » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:51 pm

YenniChan wrote:what about the first weekend in october? it should still be warm enough to do something at the stone circle during mid-day....

those of you who don't know where the stone circle (well its actually a square but w/e) I mean is....i'm talking about the one down the bike path by the waterfront...if you go to google maps and plug in 44.482703, -73.224033 it will direct you to a square looking stone thing right above penny lane....those driving can park in the lot that's just south of it, and those walking it's really close to the waterfront....

I know where that is, so to me that sounds like a great place also! c: maybe we could get some other boys too? haha.. I don't really know anybody /: so this would be my first sorta meetup. But the first weekend of October would be nice. None of my clothing (other than my everyday wear..) are in my posession right now.. so maybe I could make something in time. Hmm..

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:56 am

If it does end up happening Joe and I could probably go and then there'd be at least one other guy...
Comiket51 1999
Bakuretsucon 2006
Bakuretsucon 2007 Volunteer
Anime Boston 2008
PortconMaine 2008
Otakon 2008
Bakuretsucon 2008 Artist
Anime Boston 2009-Tech Staff
Otakon 2009- Main Events Staff
Anime Boston 2010- Tech Staff

Postby mugenLee » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Hug Me! wrote:If it does end up happening Joe and I could probably go and then there'd be at least one other guy...

Alrighty. I really hope this comes together and more people get interested. it'd be super great!

Postby YenniChan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:23 pm

ok so why don't we plan on having it on oct 3rd at 2pm....does that seem like a good idea to everyone?

if so i'll go post on livejournal

Postby YenniChan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:00 pm

This is the msg i posted to livejournal....

I wanted to let you all know about a meet-up happening in Burlington VT on Saturday October 3rd at 2pm. We will be having a BYOF picnic at the Stones down the bike path from the waterfront. I made a Google map of the location, paths and other applicable things of note.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 4&t=h&z=16

In case of rain, we will be going to Dobra Tea instead (which is marked on the map by the rain cloud)

Sorry if you get this multiple times, I'm cross-posting it on a few different sites.

If you have any questions or need to contact me to see if we'll be at Dobra or the Stones just give me a call or text (914) 400 3482, my name's Yenni for those of you who don't know me.

If you'd like to discuss this more, most of the planning is taking place here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1692

Postby mugenLee » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:39 pm

What if I made a whole bunch of food and sweets? You're all dressing up right? Hmm.. I may want to show up a bit early so if I do that I can get everything there. At dobra or near the stones.. I hope I can make it. I forgot I had a prior engagement but I should be free by 1:30-2. I'm going to post a number where anyone can text me for questions or requests for what I should make, and to continue conversation and planning - 802-309-5922

Postby YenniChan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Yep, I'm dressing up. I'm also going to bring some blankets and/or towels to put on the ground in-case of wet ground/stones.

Postby YenniChan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:38 pm

According to weather.com (http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/05401?from=hrly_topnav_undeclared) it is going to be quite rainy with possible t-storms, so for now, I'm going to call it a rain day on Saturday. In which case we will be going to Dobra Tea. Most prices of tea pots are between $3-7 and many can be shared between two people. The snacks are a little pricey($5-10), but are SOOOOO yummy, and the actual food parts can easily serve as a snack for 2-3 people. Unfortunately we cannot make a reservation of any sort, though I have made them aware that people dressed in EGL may be coming in in a fair sized group, so he's going to try to hold off one of the platformed sections but cannot guarantee anything.

Postby mugenLee » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:51 am

That's great, so hopefully there will be room for everyone. It's mine and my boyfriends anniversary.. So that's why I was unsure if i could make it. But I'm sure I could stop by. It sort of sucks cause I had this whole idea and was looking forward to it, and you seemed to put effort into the whole thing making people aware and findiing space.. I'm really going to try my best. Bleh. How ironic, that this happens.

Next

Return to Off Topic