Con questions

Do you have questions about ASV?
Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby majik » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:01 pm

ooh, yeah! totally want links when ya find 'em!
Bakuretsu Con Occasional AA Babysitter.
MC extraordinaire. Go To Girl.
Panelist Supreme!!!! (of doom)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/majikcraft

Postby BlueB3rry » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:42 pm

What happend? theres like no pictures! that kind of ruins the memories

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:09 pm

:?: Huh???

What do you mean no picutures? Pictures of what? Are you talking about this same subject we have been discussing, or are you talking about something else????

If you mean con pics there are quite a few in the "photos" section on the web site. There are also links here in the forum in different threads from con goers that are shareing their pics. We have a few hundred as well, they are just trapped on our digital cameras... I need to get going on that.

Please let me know if this clears things up, or what you are referring to if it doesn't..
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Postby zcat68 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:59 pm

*pulls my deletion out of deep cyber-space* Is there like a help/information table?
"I thought clowns made everyone else laugh?" Kurama

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:59 am

The convention has an information desk that helps out with questions and information about the convention and about the local area. We have maps, phone books, resturant menus, and other information available for attendees. The hotel front desk should also be able to help with some local questions as well. They also have a computer with internet for guest use in the lobby.

I hope this helps.
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby alcyone » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:11 pm

I am a recent transplant to Vermont from Florida, and been to some of the smaller cons around there (NecronomiCon and other anime cons). I'm a college guy and It's been a couple years since my last con, but as a newbie here, what kind of people usually come to this? I don't know anyone here into anime stuff and would be a bit apprehensive to go if it seemed like big groups where everyone knew everyone (and I'm the only geek there by myself).

Is it expected to dress up/cosplay? I still have my highschool uniform from living in Japan and might want to wear it, only if it's not terribly out of place to.

Also , is there any way to meet singles at the con (is there a party or something to meet and mingle with other college aged cosplayers and anime fans)? It's so hard to meet local people, let alone into anime and stuff. Didn't know how easy it may be to find a cutie at the con and start talking with them, even if there may be a party later?

Look forward to it!

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:16 pm

ok, where to begin. :)

There are a lot of ages and types of people that come to the con. Many come in groups but I see a lot of loners there too. It's a very friendly con and it won't be too long before you meet some people to hang out with.

As for the cosplay aspect, I would say at least (if not more ) 50% dress up. As for your uniform I say wear it!! We highly encourage anything anime or Japanese related, the fact that it's a real uniform and not a costume I think is really cool (as I relayed that to my husband he said the same thing ^_^).

Now, as for meeting people. There was a group last year that wanted to focus on that. They wanted to do a date auction which was not an official part of the convention. It didn't pan out in the end though.

But this year we have made sure there are some social events. The first would be the dance on Friday, then you have the pool party on Saturday night. Then there is the EGL tea party on Sunday (extra charge for the tea party though).

This hotel is pretty spacious so there are lots of places to hang out. The breakfast area (after breakfast is done) is empty all day long so it's a great place to grab a table to sit and chat.

There are benches in one of the hallways, another con hallway has a sofa and there is a gaming area in the dealers room.

Lots of chances for social interaction. :)

Be sure to get a head start by coming on Thursday too. We will be open from 6 PM to 9 PM free of charge that day. Register for the con and get your program book and goodies or just check us out.

8)
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

Postby alcyone » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:37 am

Arigatou ^o^ I look forward to it!

A couple more questions... I see a 'Dance Party' is planned for Friday night. Is that on-site at the hotel? Is it a club/techno/jpop nightclub-kind of event or a pre-practiced dance show performed on stage?

I also see the 'Anime Dating Game' and wonder if that's a sorta meet-and-greet with other local singles? Is signup required?

And...would the LARP require prior knowledge of a story line to participate? Seeing as I plan to go in my japanese high school uniform, it seems apropriate ^_^

Thanks!

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:45 am

That actual title for the dance is "Anime & Jpop Dance". It's a normal social dance event with the forementioned music. It's at the hotel in Main Events.

The Dating Game is patterened after the dating game that has run at several cons this year. It's a cosplay dating game in character I believe.

The LARP does not require any prior experience with LARPing. All are welcome and highly encouraged to participate. I've never been able to attend myself, but everyone always has a really good time.

As for meeting and greeting, well, there are a lot of social events this year so the best advice I can give is try attending a few of those. The anime pool party and the dance are likely to be filled with people looking to hang out and meet other people.
Valerie Tatro
2002-2011

LARP

Postby Demearthean » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:06 pm

Umm what is an LARP. and how do i sign ujp to help with future conventions. I'm in winooski, so i'm local enough to get to the convention site and the expected area of the club house. i'd like to help however i can.

Postby groovyshores » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:01 pm

LARP= Live Action Role Playing

And I answered your other question already.

Postby groovyshores » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:02 pm

Oh and its a LARP not an LARP

Bakuretsu Con Staff
Location: The end of time and space, where only the lost may tred

helping

Postby Shadow_Requium » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:48 pm

If you want to help with the con in future you can volunteer or join the staff. You have to be over 16 though. And I'd suggest volunteering first so you can get a feel for the work we do.
Costumes
2003 Riku, FFX – Baku
2005 Mahou - Baku
2007 Tutu, Princess Tutu – Baku
2009 Chi, Chobits – Baku / Dia, Shugo Chara – AAC
2010 Ranma, Ranma ½ - AB
2011 Lucy, Fairy Tail – AB
2012 Zelda, Skyward Sword - AB / TARDIS, Doctor Who - Otakuthon

Postby Luinta » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:50 pm

I have another reason why the con should ONLY be once a year...

If the resources were split to make multiple cons, each and EVERY one would be that many times lamer than the Baku we all know and love!

Sorry, but I had to add that somewhat obvious point.

Keep up the good work Baku staff! and thank you for doing what you do, so that we can have the time of our lives every year!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Re: Con questions

Postby flat_chested_flower_girl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Okay, this might be a dumb question.
If you run a panel do you get into the con for free?
'Cuz I know some other cons do something like that, I just didn't know if this one did.
^_^;

PreviousNext

Return to ASV Questions