line up for gaming room

Postby YenniChan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 am

Currently I dont believe we will be having a 360, or a ps3 for that matter, except for a few tournaments if we decide to do them. We still haven't finalized this however...and Laban would probably be able to answer better...

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:06 pm

RageGlitch0 wrote:Is there wi-fi access from the video gaming room?

Whether or not you think the 360 is evil, you can't deny the constant downloads (of which I have several to use for gaming) for GH3 and Rock Band. If it would be okay, I'd like to set up a 360 in order to add more variety than last year.

To answer the question. I am not sure if the Wi-Fi reaches down there or not. I *think* it does.

Personal opinions aside, wheather we like the 360 or not, it isn't a Japanese gaming system and has very little for Japanese games (not to mention the fact that on top of that it is expensive) that is why we don't have one in our gaming room.

I will admit there are *finally* a hand full of games on it that fit our standards (Japanese or anime specific games) but out of the 2 that I can think of we would run on it one is for PS3 as well.

*IF* we do Rock Band it would be on a PS3 as we have easier access to those. As for Guitar Hero, it is likely we would run it on PS2 because we have a lot of equipment for that already that actually belongs to Bakuretsu Con (every game and several guitars).

We aren't even completely sure which room we are running Video Gaming out of yet so we can't really release too many details until we know ourselves.
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Toothpaste Boy

games

Postby Thelonemiroku » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:41 am

ok well...i have something to contribute to the con....I WILL BRING....ALL 3 NEXT GEN SYSTEMS!!!!...just adding to the con as i can
The OTAKU DJ ......DJ D20!!!!
Good comments about dance: 7
Bad comments about dance:0

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Dedicated PS3

Postby Momiji-k » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:57 pm

We were recently able to pick up a brand new PS3 for a really good deal. We decied to go with it and purchase it for the convention. So we WILL have a dedicated PS3 this year.

We are certain to run Dynasty Warriors Gundam and Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit. I don't understand why DW Gundam gets bad reviews (well, I do, "normal" people just don't appreciate anime games) but we have been having a great time with it. I am also really enjoying DBZ Burst Limit. The graphics are really pretty and I think it is the nicest looking one yet for the DBZ series. Graphics aside I think it is a great fighting game.

Oh yes, and of course we can't have a video gaming room without a Soul Calibur tournament. We will also have Soul Calibur IV!
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

Postby bedhead » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Yeah PS3!!! >XD
"It was a joke...."

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Soul Calibur equals love...

Postby Luinta » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:41 pm

I'm still willing to lend out my Xbox, for a DOA2U tourny. It is a great game after all! XD
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Prince » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Going back in time to the Rockband info, provided that is still a go...

I'm a pretty good drummer

Even with kitchen utensils :lol:

Re: line up for gaming room

Postby sephygoth » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:00 am

I just wanna say, good for you Laben or Val (for keeping the original influence on the gaming too). Though its a little extreme, its good to see a line firmly drawn to isolate what the con is about:Japanese influence. xbox might not have any place here, but perhaps DOA does, its based on ol ninjitsu after all ^^ even if it is on the xbox.
I'll offer my copy of DOA2 for ps2 if that beats out getting all the yummy costumes for all the characters for the xbox(but I'v never been that far, so i recomend the microsoft machine)
I hope rock band will at least be there, tourney or not.

Postby Luinta » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:29 pm

Xbox itself may not be Japanese, but the DOA games were created by Itagaki Tomonobu, creator of Team Ninja, within Temco.

There's also Phantom Dust, but as that's a game that not many people know of, and takes a little more time to handle than DOA2U, I didn't suggest it. But it was actually developed originally for the Japanese branch of the Xbox, and was so successful that it made it's way here. Awesome game btw. Xbox owners, if you ever get the chance, pick up Phantom Dust, do it! XD

But as for DOA2U, I've unlocked all the content the game has to offer. That means all costumes for all characters, and the Battle Record.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:16 pm

DoA would be one of the few xbox titles I would let into the video gaming room. Like said, it was created by a Japanese Game maker and it is about ninjas. (even though Ninjas are sorta a western thing LOL). The old saying... Ninja's Don't exsist.

I think I mention before I'm not opposed to letting a xbox get hooked up for a few hours to run it. I just dont want the xbox to be playing DoA all convention.
Bakuretsu Con Pre-Planning 2001
Bakuretsu Con Staff member 2001-2013 O_o
Bakuretsu Con Director of Gaming 2003 and 2004
Bakuretsu Con Vice-Chair 2004 and 2005
Bakuretsu Con Head of Video Gaming 2006-2011 ^_^
Bakuretsu Con Director of Publications 2011

Postby Luinta » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:15 pm

kk, jsut let me know what times will work for you (though it may still be way to early to tell) and I'll be sure to have everything ready. I know how you all are abotu making sure things are safe, so I have no problem leaving it there once I'm dead (in the tourny) until you have no more use for it.

Postby Ikari Allen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Just a heads up, I'm willing to bring in my PS3 and SC4 if you guys need another one.

Just PM me or bug me via AIM or MSN.
Bakuretsu con: Video Gaming Staff 2009-2011, Registration Staff 2013

Postby jashiwi » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:11 am

I hope someday, that Bakurestu Con can have the game: "Para Para." :)
I loved playing that game, when I when to Shoujo Con.

Previous

Return to 2008 Archives