Super Villain Appreciation Day

This a place you can talk about conventions in general. There are several in the New England area now.

Super Villain Appreciation Day

Postby Whisper » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:41 pm

Super Villain Appreciation Day!

Support your local super villain, and attend a SVAD event.

Currently, this event is in its fledgling stages. We have one gathering planned for Boston, at Harvard Square.

SVAD takes place on the first Saturday after Halloween. (That way all your non-cosplaying friends will have had time to think "Ooo! Costumes!") Basically, we hope to have a large group of people meet up to roam around Boston/HS, dressed as their favorite villains. If I know enough people are coming, we will plan events. I'd LOVE to plan a "Running of the Jokers". If this weekend at ConnectiCon was any indication, I imagine we could get at least a dozen to show.

So, anyone who wants to help spread the word and support their local super villains, just reply here! And if you want to play an "event" in your area (be it a meet up, or just a costume party at your place) that's awesome too. SVAD needs all the love it can get.

Much love,
Whisper
The Penny Dreadfuls, New England's premiere steampunk pirates
"Happy to relive you of your valuables, personal belongings, and sanity!"

http://www.myspace.com/ssicarus

Re: Super Villain Appreciation Day

Postby YenniChan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 pm

a really easy way to get this started would be have it have a charity aspect. thats how lots of random events get big....(ex running for something instead of just running)

Re: Super Villain Appreciation Day

Postby Whisper » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:45 pm

THAT is a fantastic idea! I love it.

Of course, it'll have to be an appropriately super villain approved charity... That'll take some thought, and some tactical negotiating with the forces of villain-ry.

Much love,
Whisper
The Penny Dreadfuls, New England's premiere steampunk pirates
"Happy to relive you of your valuables, personal belongings, and sanity!"

http://www.myspace.com/ssicarus

Return to Other Conventions