Cosplay plans for '08

What's on tap? Planning is already moving along.

Cosplay plans for '08

Postby Mimi » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:46 pm

It looks like there isn't a thread for this yet, so I'm going to start one! I love hearing what people are going to do...

My friend and I are planning a Shugo Chara cosplay for the masquerade with a para para dance to the theme song. We have a lot of work ahead, but it's going to be worth it! We're also doing gothic lolita on Sunday (as usual).

What are your cosplay plans for Baku '08?
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Postby Luinta » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:14 pm

I'm gonna end up being Light again fro at least a little bit, but only for last years sake! XD I'm also gonna try to find a good Dante (DMC1) cosplay, and or Basic Soul Reaper. As a Soul Reaper, I'd only talk to "dead" characters, like Aurons, or Aeris', or certain Death Note charcaters... XD I'm also thinking of trying to find (or even make) a Prinny cosplay! XD Then I'd have to run around yelling DooD! and stabing people with a rubber knife! XD Maybe even bomb a few! XD
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Endless » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:52 pm

Luinta wrote:I'm gonna end up being Light again fro at least a little bit, but only for last years sake! XD I'm also gonna try to find a good Dante (DMC1) cosplay, and or Basic Soul Reaper. As a Soul Reaper, I'd only talk to "dead" characters, like Aurons, or Aeris', or certain Death Note charcaters... XD I'm also thinking of trying to find (or even make) a Prinny cosplay! XD Then I'd have to run around yelling DooD! and stabing people with a rubber knife! XD Maybe even bomb a few! XD

Awesome! I am glad that you are going to be Light for a little while =) I shall be returning as L for some of the time so we'll have to plan to do that around the same time. I didn't get a picture with you last time =( I didn't get many pictures at all last Baku, which is just wrong. I couldn't get my camera working >.<

As for what else I am going to be I am not sure. I am working on some different cosplays so I am not sure. I'll probably know more as the date gets closer.

Postby Luinta » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:04 pm

Yey! XD ALthough this time I'll haveto make a better notebook. My old one that I made during the last con is finally starting to fall apart! XD I'm-a gonna get started on that! XD

This time I'm gonna double side print the How To Use and Coverpages, and the False How To Use and Backcovers, and I'm gonna get some lined paper and once all of that is together I'm gonna use one of those large chopping things to cleanly cut all pages to the size of the coverpage, and sew a binding for the pages THEN I'll get some black tape to coverup the threads and make it look like a real notebook! XD Although I have to say that the one I made for last Baku was pretty good for having made it in about 10 minutes with only what I could find around the con! XD
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Endless » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:04 pm

Luinta wrote:Yey! XD ALthough this time I'll haveto make a better notebook. My old one that I made during the last con is finally starting to fall apart! XD I'm-a gonna get started on that! XD

This time I'm gonna double side print the How To Use and Coverpages, and the False How To Use and Backcovers, and I'm gonna get some lined paper and once all of that is together I'm gonna use one of those large chopping things to cleanly cut all pages to the size of the coverpage, and sew a binding for the pages THEN I'll get some black tape to coverup the threads and make it look like a real notebook! XD Although I have to say that the one I made for last Baku was pretty good for having made it in about 10 minutes with only what I could find around the con! XD

Yah! I was there when you made it. . .lol. That was great. I am so excited about you going as Light. Are you going to enter the dating game as Light? I was thinking of entering as L ( if I get chosen that is ). Do you have a wig for this year or. . .?
I hope somebody shows up as Ryuk too. That would be awesome. They could follow you around and would be sooo cool! I was at PortConMaine this past weekend and there was a really awesome Ryuk there.

I might go as Duke Devlin on one of the other days but I'm not sure. I am hoping to have a few more cosplays done by then though. . .

Postby Luinta » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:42 pm

I don;'t have a wig, but I can let my hair grow at this point. I need a haircut again, and I can jsut skip it! XD ~RIku~ was gonna be my Shinigami at one point as the Halloween Town version of Sora. XD

I'm only gonna do the ADG if we can do it together so I can make on e of the questions: "I'm a little paranoid, what with everyone thikning I'm Kira (Not Kira, btw), so Contestants... What ARE your real names... jsut to make sure you're not Kira... Who I'm not! ^_^; "

Postby Endless » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:30 am

Luinta wrote:I don;'t have a wig, but I can let my hair grow at this point. I need a haircut again, and I can jsut skip it! XD ~RIku~ was gonna be my Shinigami at one point as the Halloween Town version of Sora. XD

I'm only gonna do the ADG if we can do it together so I can make on e of the questions: "I'm a little paranoid, what with everyone thikning I'm Kira (Not Kira, btw), so Contestants... What ARE your real names... jsut to make sure you're not Kira... Who I'm not! ^_^; "

Oh my gosh! That would be awesome if ~Riku~ did Halloween Town Sora and played your shinigami. =D Yah, miss your haircut and it should be long enough by Baku!! OMG :: soooo excited ::

Postby Luinta » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:50 am

I jsut hope I can avoid it! My mother ( yes I still live at home for now) May well just cut it in my sleep! XD

Toothpaste Boy

PIKMIN!!!!

Postby Thelonemiroku » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:24 am

well i might do miroku i might do ishida but as long as i can get it finished (it should be) i will be olimar from pikmin. my gf will be eather my white pikmin or Moka from roseario+ vampire. oh and she wants me to be tskune
The OTAKU DJ ......DJ D20!!!!
Good comments about dance: 7
Bad comments about dance:0

Postby Endless » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Luinta wrote:I jsut hope I can avoid it! My mother ( yes I still live at home for now) May well just cut it in my sleep! XD

NoooooO!!! Tell her you need it for Baku!!! Sleep with one eye open!!!!

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:27 pm

PIKMAN!!! YAYS!

Postby Luinta » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Well, seeing as I'm up till 4am most nihgts, I can be fairly certain she's asleep before me! XD

Postby bedhead » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:30 pm

I've never seen a pikmen cosplay before....sound pretty wicked though X3

I plan on making a Kurogane [from Tsubasa] cosplay. I have all the material, I just need to borrow my friends sewing machine. I'm also thinking of doing vampire Kamui, but he might not be done in time....

And I'll be Byakuya [from Bleach] again for one of the days, and maybe Shader [From Chrono Crusade] , I need to get better cat ears >>
Last edited by bedhead on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was a joke...."

Postby Luinta » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:09 pm

if I can get the dough saved aside, I am so going to grab a Dante cosplay! XD I'd even use that jsut to walk around town! XD

Postby Atomaru » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 pm

I'm gonna be going as Zazie the Beast from trigun, and hopefully if i can remake it succesfully Tri-edge/Azure Kite from the .hack series.

Next

Return to 2008 Planning