line up for gaming room

line up for gaming room

Postby sephygoth » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:51 am

OK, first thread? ?!
wondering what the game room will be like this yr...same size? it has been great in the past.
Also wanted to know if newr systems will be making it into the mix, as well as new games like Rock band.
Looking forward to it as usual anyway XD you know it

Postby Luinta » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:15 pm

Personally, I'm hoping for another tournament, but this time, with DOA2U! That's gotta be my favorite fighting game of all time! XD

...btw it has nothing to do with the bounce factor, honest! XD
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby pettruchio » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Rock Band has been talked about and we would like to do it if we can find the room to set it up. We have discussed a possible Rock Band Tournament but each team would have to have an entire "band" two guitars, drummer and a singer. But that is just in the discussing phase right now.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby Luinta » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Oh! I can sing! My bastar- er father runs a Karaoke Business, and bakc when I visited him, I would sing almost every night. I' got really good with songs in the style of Linkin Park, and Creed, even a bit of Evanescence.

Luinta-Cat Liekes Myuzik! XD
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:58 pm

*asks to join conversation*
Rock Band if fun, and funny as well, but the funny might only be if the owner forgets the drumsticks and has to use kitchen utensils *laughs a little* But other than forgetting key pieces of the game, it pretty fun. *smiles*

Postby RageGlitch0 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:57 pm

I would be glad to bring Rock Band if you needed it. I've got the full set up and my friends and I can't resist rocking out together.
We had a birthday party for a friend of mine the other week and a girl found "I'm So Sick" by Flyleaf in the set list. She made us play it over 10 times!!!
Oh, and for anyone who doesn't know, "Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld" from South Park is in the set list =)
If someone had told me that a plunger could be dangerous, I would've laughed...would've

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Oh Man! the Timmy song...I swear we played that the other day at my friends house nearly a hundred times...we got it PERFECT. It was terrible...*laughs*

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:32 pm

We are still discussing this one but here are some unofficial thoughts:

Battle of the Bands-

We have a lot of details to work out on this. If we did this I would think that each band might need to supply their own instraments.

Rock Band Tournament-

Bands would be paired up according to experience with the possibility of switching band memembers around to give everyone a fair shot.

Lots of research to still be done. The big thing is equipment. We need a next gen system (we should stay away from the PS2 and Wii additions since they will be lacking in some areas) and we need the instraments.

At a convention something like that is going to get a lot of use and I am not too keen on using my own set. We are concidering purchasing a set that we might sell at the end of the convention if we don't have the storage space to keep it.

I am sure the head of the Video Game department will have more to say on this.

To address the request for new systems, we are woking on that. We pretty much have most of it covered these days. Our biggest lack in coverage would be to go back in time to things like NES, Genesis, Atari, ect.

More info soon. Feel free to continue to discuss ideas.
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:16 am

Things in the works:

Possible Larger Room
New Systems added
Better TVs
What types of Tournaments

Confirmed Tournaments:
Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii)
Mario Kart (Wii)

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3)

Rock Band (PS3)

Guitar Hero (PS2)

Of course DDR (but not really my department even though it is a Video Game).
Bakuretsu Con Pre-Planning 2001
Bakuretsu Con Staff member 2001-2013 O_o
Bakuretsu Con Director of Gaming 2003 and 2004
Bakuretsu Con Vice-Chair 2004 and 2005
Bakuretsu Con Head of Video Gaming 2006-2011 ^_^
Bakuretsu Con Director of Publications 2011

Postby Luinta » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Is it possible to do a Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate tourny? I could even let you guys use my XBOX, and I've almost finished unlocking all the costumes too. I have 4 controllers, even though you only need 2.

Yeah, ok, truth is, I'm just hoping for a tourny, that I actually have a chance at! XD

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:19 pm

..... I don't know

Letting that Evil Xbox into the convention. :evil:

I wouldn't be totaly agest running the DOA2 Tournament ( admitt it you like the jiggle factor :D )

But I dont think I want the xbox in thier as a permant feature. So prehaps we could set it up for the tournament and then remove it after the tournament is done.
Bakuretsu Con Pre-Planning 2001
Bakuretsu Con Staff member 2001-2013 O_o
Bakuretsu Con Director of Gaming 2003 and 2004
Bakuretsu Con Vice-Chair 2004 and 2005
Bakuretsu Con Head of Video Gaming 2006-2011 ^_^
Bakuretsu Con Director of Publications 2011

Postby Luinta » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:06 pm

I'm fine with that. Less time in the public, leaves less chance of accidental damage. And if I don't have a car (depends on if a certain friend comes up or not) to put it in, I know several people that I trust who will be getting rooms, that I could put it in. I personally live 45 walking minutes away, so I never waste money on a room.

On the other hand... now that I have a job, I can start saving and put a room into my Baku budget. It'll make getting more sleep MUCH easier! XD

I only need to finish Ayane on Hard Diff, and Kasumi on Normal and Hard Diffs, to have all costumes unlocked. I've unlocked all the other, including Hitomi's, Bayman's,. and Tengu's. And I've only had a working XBOX again again for about a week, so I'm sure that'll be done WAY before Baku! XD

Postby pettruchio » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Luinta, you can put it in my car and I can give you a ride back and forth if that is alright with you.....of course I am going to be leaving late and arriving early but so be it. Regardless it will be safe in my car if thats something you want to do.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby Luinta » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:12 pm

That works. Oh, and I've beaten EVERYTHING!!! All things UNLOCKED!!!

Now people will be able to choose ANY costume for ANY character ,and those who want could even watch the little Icon ep on DOA and how it came to be! XD That was a 10 minutes vid that unlocked with the final costume. XD

Postby RageGlitch0 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:45 am

Is there wi-fi access from the video gaming room?

Whether or not you think the 360 is evil, you can't deny the constant downloads (of which I have several to use for gaming) for GH3 and Rock Band. If it would be okay, I'd like to set up a 360 in order to add more variety than last year.
If someone had told me that a plunger could be dangerous, I would've laughed...would've

Next

Return to 2008 Archives