Death Note Cosplays

Containing all the old threads from 2007

Postby Luinta » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:29 pm

My Friend said that he'd do it, so long as the Cosplay skit did overlap one of the specific con events he's looking forward to. Which is understandable.
Even if that happens, I'm sure we can find someone in the audience who would be willing to die for us. lol

I'll get to the sending of entry to the peoples at baku.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Endless » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:33 pm

Cool! It is definitely understandable that your friend doesn't want to miss something. If it comes down to it, I am sure that we will be able to get somebody to die for us! hehe

Postby Luinta » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:16 pm

sorry, to ask, but I need your real name and age enter as info for the cosplay contest. You can PM me and I'll get the info to the con peoples.

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to be slaughtered for the name of funny! XD
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby discomfortwings » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:54 pm

xD; heyy

I'm also cosplaying L all weekend. just figured I should mention.

Postby Luinta » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:01 pm

Cool.

Wait, that gives me an idea...

Waaaiiit for it...

Yes! Evil-ness come to mind! Heh, heh, heh...

Nope, I lost it. I'll have to go find it again.

Seriously though, we could do something with L&L's Detective Agency VS. The M&M's Chocolate Crime Spree! Oh! The puns I come up with!

But actually, that could work...

Postby discomfortwings » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:12 pm

dsjfpfft. I'm up for cosplay contest, too, if for some reason you need an extra L XD; But it'd be cool just to meet up/hang out with you all. D:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3242 ... ay1qp8.png (picture of my cosplay, PLEASE OVERLOOK THE LACK OF MY FACE.)

Postby Luinta » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:58 pm

I don't mind. I'll be going back and forth from one group to another. That is, the Death Note group and the Group I'm going with. I never snub anyone! Unless we get a Winnie the Pooh. I draw the line Pooh. and most Disney characters. I only played the first KH fro the FF-ness, and the second because of it's gameplay, namely the Reaction system. and the chance to fight alongside Riku, one of the only cool ones. and I thought Axel had a tie to Zell of FFVIII for some odd reason until I beat the game and realized otherwise.

Anywho, enough babble! Btw, you have a great posture for L! I won't have long enough hair to be a perfect L, but I have no access to wigs at this point, and I have a thing about wearing someone else's. The good thing about Light is that he's a normal (relatively) person. That means I don't need to worry about what to wear, so long as I have the Death Note, and my floating Apple (Invisible Ryuk).

But yeah, I recently had me hair cut, so my timing SUCKS! Otherwise I actually had enough hair to style it, but I hadn't gotten back on these forums yet, so I had no idea that I'd ACTUALLY need all that hair!

Also, the moment the dealer's room opens, I'M GONE!!! I have a mission to abduct Reno, Yuffie, and Vincent! Possibly Tifa, but I may need that money for later.

Again, I catchc myself babbling. Anywho, I'll give other peoples a cance to babble now. XD

Postby Xailyn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:33 pm

Would anyone be willing to find me a Near wig? xD;; I have no money until the con, and I wanna be Near at least for a little while.
Bakuretsuecon 07: SakuBo, Zexion, and Teru Mikami...And a last minute Mello...

Because All Cons Need a little Mello

Postby Luinta » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:14 pm

It'll be very hard to buy a wig and have it arrive before the con. And I doubt that there are any cosplay shops around here.

I'd help out financially, but I only have my con money after I got fired for sneezing. Yes, sneezing! As in: Ah. Choo.

but yeah, I don't hink it's possible to get a good wig in time now. That's the only reason why I'm gonna end up as the lesser known Light: the haircut version!

Postby Xailyn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Well, we have lots of party shops around here, I just don't know if any have white wigs.

Wtf...you got fired for sneezing?! That's stupid.

Postby Luinta » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:54 am

Yup. and they had to say that IN WRITING to the Unemployment people. I got my revenge just seeing them KNOW that they looked like total asses when they wrote it!

I gues if you find ANY wig with the right hair length, you could always bleach it , and style it.

Ya know, that's what I should do! I'm sure I can find a $3 dollar mask with hair, and remove the hair from the mask, and then use some hair cement to finish it! AND it whould cost a HELLUVA lot less than buying a pre-styled Light wig! Then again, I may not find one and STILL end up as the hair cut lught!

Postby Luinta » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Not to double post but this will bump in back into your sight...

Where and when EXACTLY should we all meat up at the con? I mean once they put up a schedule like last year, it will be easier to see what me will and won't miss, but if everyone will be here by Saturday morning, then we can all meet up at breakfast.

We WILL need to be ready for the cosplay contest after all, and it'd be great if could rehearse at least once somewhere before we go on.
Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a light brown wig in time to style it into the recognizable Light/Kira shape!

OH! Time for Death Note! I have 3mins to get to my room and turn on the TV! And get soda and , and...!!! *blacks out* ;p

Postby Xailyn » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:44 am

I'll meet you guys in the lobby on Friday afternoon (somewhere from 12-1ish probably). I'm having a problem finding a suit jacket for Teru >>

It's annoying me.

Postby Luinta » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:59 am

Yeah, that's one of the reasons Light's so easy. He's seen in a lot of regular clothes too. I'm probly gonna end up using a button-down shirt and my light colored cargo pants. Then again, I may jsut use a regular white shirt with long sleeves.

I'll go back through my manga and see what els there is to choose from, but that's the most common image other than the various suit versions.

I'll check out the lobby around 12:30 or 1. Like I've said, I plan to be one of the first people in the dealer's room!

Anywho, I just hope I can find a cheap wig with the right hair lenght. Even if it's part of a mask. I plan on cutting any mask away; I just need the hair. I'll wash it ti get it all down and flat, then I'll try to (and probly fail) style it based on manga scans of the front, sides, and back of Light's head.

Btw, and I the only person who regularly chooses to misspell the word probably to make it shorter? Probably=Probly Seeing as that's how most people say it anyways.

Anywho, I need to get to bed. I also still have dishes to do and Kasumi costumes to unlock. Just got the DOAU set and I've been playing it till 4am-ish every night. Already unlocked all of the easy costumes for everyone, and now I have to do the normal ones. The hard ones will be the real treat. I did unlock a rather elegant cos for Kamumi though in DOA2U.

I'm also planning on picking up a used copy of Soul Caliber 3 I already some data from when I rented it a while back, and I plan on entering the gaming tourney for SC3.

Anyhwo, Night all!

Postby Endless » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:59 am

So Friday between 12:30 and 1 I can plan to do. Or Saturday morning I can plan too. I'm pretty easy going so whenever works out best with you guys.

Now I'm getting confused. . .are we dressing up Death Note on Friday or Saturday or both?

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Archives