cosplay group for naruto/hellsing

Containing all the old threads from 2007

cosplay group for naruto/hellsing

Postby im a freq » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:58 pm

i will probably, hopefully go to this con... *has fingers crossed...*
if i do... i would like to get a group together to do all sorts of con-related things...
^_^
i can do Iruka or Kakashi from Naruto and Alucard from Hellsing.

let me know if you'd be interested! :D
In the 1700's, when Mozart was conducting his famous piece, Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, there was silence... followed by thunderous applause...

and thus... this concludes our history music lesson.

Postby Mimi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:00 pm

I might do Seras Victoria from Hellsing... I've wanted to do her for a really long time, I even have a pattern and fabric and everything... but I keep getting distracted by new and awesome characters that I also want to cosplay as... give me a little more time, and I should be able to give you a more concrete answer =^.^=
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Postby pettruchio » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:32 pm

You must come. Due to the smaller size of this con than the really big ones, most of the con goers consider everyone there as family. It makes for a really fun time.

As for Seras Victoria, I know Willow the wanderer mentioned she might be cosplaying as that, although I can't remember if she decided or not. I would love to see her though. She is my favorite character from Hellsing.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby im a freq » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:29 am

pettruchio wrote:You must come. Due to the smaller size of this con than the really big ones, most of the con goers consider everyone there as family. It makes for a really fun time.

As for Seras Victoria, I know Willow the wanderer mentioned she might be cosplaying as that, although I can't remember if she decided or not. I would love to see her though. She is my favorite character from Hellsing.

Over this week i have planned on it... even though the drive up there will be appx. 14 hours and will cost me hundreds of bucks... :shock: ... i've only been to a big con before so i kinda need to know what these smallish ones are like... :D

ok... thats 2 so far out of the 5 or so most important characters...
In the 1700's, when Mozart was conducting his famous piece, Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, there was silence... followed by thunderous applause...

Postby NyappyZombie » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:30 am

Yo Minna!!!

So my friend finally convinced me to go to Bakuretsu Con; It's still in the planning stages but if I show up I'm definetly cosplaying as Seras Victoria (The anime version) And I will hopefully have an imitation Harkonnen prop that my dad and I are currently building.

This is my first time going to this convention though so I'm a little excited and worried about how my costume will look and I can't wait to meet a bunch of new people. ^^ I was just going to start asking if anyone was being Alucard since all my friends here don't know who he is and don't have the dedication to cosplay. >>

~Nyappy

Postby pettruchio » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:41 pm

My first con was this con a few years back actually. Then I went to Otakon and had a very overwhelming experience. I met all sorts of people that I never saw again throughout the weekend. I reall prefer the smaller cons because you can get to know the other con goers better. Also there is more time to talk with the guest and panelists and the lines are not as long as big cons.

I am sure your cosplay will look great as well. I look forward to seeing it. See you there.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby im a freq » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:01 pm

nyappy!! you actually have a harkonenn?!?! that's... amazing! (my seras-cosplayer-friend-person here doesnt have one... sadnes...) i just need to fix my hat, and then my alucard costume should be basically complete...

Postby SpeckCat » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:17 pm

Mmmmmn... this'll be my first year, too, at Bakuretsucon (hey, your advertising at Genericon at RPI in Troy NY hooked me, what can I say?). And my second attempt at trying to cosplay as Zorin Blitz (Hellsing manga character... eeeeevil... thingie). I say second because my first attempt was at Otakon 2006 where I ended up having a bronchial infection and certain portions of the cosplay imploded (namely the gloves), BUUUT that's a totally unrelated story.

The important info: I'll be resurrecting the costume, as lame and unprofessional as it really is (a.k.a. don't think it's likely for cosplay contests... at all). The only really cool handmade part of it is the humongoid scythe, which is about five foot tall with a three foot long blade made of plastic (which, should an authority figure read this... I might need to have that tagged, or inspected, or something. Was able to lug it around Otakon with no damage caused or received, but since this IS a smaller, homier con, I don't want to be breaking any rules... especially not with the hotel, con staff, etc. *eep*)

So if y'all know your Hellsing manga, I'll be there. I'll also be shy, so Pocky tempting may help on that end. XD

(and sorry for the wall of text... I tend to get wordy when I get excited. :oops: )

Postby im a freq » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:52 am

Zorin blitz?
which manga is that dude in?

Postby NyappyZombie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:18 pm

im a freq wrote:nyappy!! you actually have a harkonenn?!?! that's... amazing! (my seras-cosplayer-friend-person here doesnt have one... sadnes...) i just need to fix my hat, and then my alucard costume should be basically complete...

My dad and I are building it out of PVC pipe and a few spare parts of things. ^^ I actually can't wait to finish it and spray paint it I'll post pictures once it's finished! I also found the PERFECT Ammo box to use not only as a prop but to carry stuff around in =D I need to make stencils to spraypaint the correct Hellsing/Harkonnen prints and info on it.

Postby im a freq » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:25 pm

heh... nice... ive gotsta fix my jackal... its in pretty bad shape right now...

Postby SpeckCat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:45 pm

Hrrmmm... off the top of my head, she shows up in manga volumes four, six and seven. A little teeny bit in five... Kind of a weird character... er, make that really a weird character. Probably why I gravitate to her so much. >.>

Postby im a freq » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:28 pm

oh ok... i havent read 4 or 5 but i have 6... so i suppose ill have to check it out... :D

Postby Willow_the_Wanderer » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:55 pm

I did, actualy. All shiny and pretty and blood-serasy... and recently, with a Catscul.
What, I could make it. and it felt so weird to be a compely unarmed seras.
http://www.stupidityinmagic.com
Previously: Tsunade (Baku 06-8, Portcon 07-9) Seras Victoria (Portcon 07, 08, Baku 07-08) Marluxia (Baku 07, AB 08-09, Portcon 08-09) Halloween Town Marluxia (AB 08 Baku 08) Mizune (AB 09) Maya (AB 09)

Return to 2007 Archives