Who Ya going as?

Containing all the old threads from 2007
User avatar
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Postby pettruchio » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:03 pm

Funny you say that....Val is at AAC as well. They will probably run into each other. Yeah Jen is head of security this year. I am working with her (sort of...I am actually working everywhere but that will keep me busy). I know you and the other guy with you are as well. I did PM Jen and am waiting for a response although I knew she was busy this weekend. If I didn't have to work I would be down there as well....such is life if I want money I must work.

We are still working on getting the answers for you guys on the weapons policy.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

User avatar
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am

Postby Trist » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:21 am

Ahaha, I finally have a forum account here...

I was Sanzo last year, but regrettably, due to issues with the time/space continuum and my current inability to properly cut and highlight my hair, I won't be reprising the role this fall. xP Weep, I know you want to.

This year I'll be coming as Hidaka Ken, from the anime Weiss Kreuz (I'm doing his Kapital costume, natch). Just with slightly longer hair. :oops: I'll also be wearing cat ears and a tail - just, you know, because!

If I can scrounge together the resources, I might make a civilian cosplay from Ronin Warriors / Yoroiden Samurai Troopers as Ryo. :D Yay 80s anime! (Does anybody else remember RW? Hee!). Since doing the armor is kind of out - I simply haven't got enough cardboard! xP

Bakuretsu Con Staff
User avatar
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:51 am
Location: Washington, NJ

Postby jreckers » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:16 am

I'll be going as "Staff Man!"

Perhaps I may make an appearance as Tetris Ninja :wink:
Jeff Reckers
Bakuretsucon 2010 Director of Technical Support
Anime Boston 2011 Assistant Director of Technical Operations
Otakon 2010 Main Events House Management

User avatar
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Essex Jct, VT

Postby XxShugoTenshixX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:45 am

Trist wrote:This year I'll be coming as Hidaka Ken, from the anime Weiss Kreuz (I'm doing his Kapital costume, natch). Just with slightly longer hair.



*glee!* I miss Weiss cosplay! Just, fyi, you will have atleast one huge fangirl who'll want a picture, haha.

User avatar
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:48 pm
Location: PA

Postby Xailyn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:58 pm

I'm being ambitious here...and going for more than three cosplays!

Friday: Teru Mikami-Death Note (because no one cosplays him), later in the day, Hunny-Sempai-Ouran High School Host Club

Saturday: Still in a bit of debate here, because I'm not sure if my hair dye will still be in...but hopefully, Zexion or Ienzo from Kingdom Hearts. If I'm not them, it's a surprise ;D (However, if someone has a wig they wouldn't mind lending me for the day, I would greatly appreciate it!)

Sunday: SakuBo from .hack//GU

And, for a little added surprise, I suggest you all wear scarves at night. >D
Bakuretsuecon 07: SakuBo, Zexion, and Teru Mikami...And a last minute Mello...

Because All Cons Need a little Mello

Image

User avatar
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Who knows? D:

Postby bedhead » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:48 pm

Wow thats a lot of cosplay XD

Scarfs?
"It was a joke...."

User avatar
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am

Postby Trist » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:00 pm

XxShugoTenshixX wrote:
Trist wrote:This year I'll be coming as Hidaka Ken, from the anime Weiss Kreuz (I'm doing his Kapital costume, natch). Just with slightly longer hair.



*glee!* I miss Weiss cosplay! Just, fyi, you will have atleast one huge fangirl who'll want a picture, haha.


^_^ Awesome! I'll pose and everything.

My brother said something about making a pair of plastic-y bugnuks for me for my cosplay. I hope he does it and gets it done in time! :D

Now I just need to get the coat - I'm pretty sure that's all that's left.

User avatar
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Postby pettruchio » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:05 pm

Trist wrote:
^_^ Awesome! I'll pose and everything.

My brother said something about making a pair of plastic-y bugnuks for me for my cosplay. I hope he does it and gets it done in time! :D

Now I just need to get the coat - I'm pretty sure that's all that's left.


awwww man that totally makes me want to cosplay as Aya but unfortunately I just don't have time to make the cosplay with all the other work I am doing.....Aya will be going on my list though....
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

User avatar
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am

Postby Trist » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:50 pm

pettruchio wrote:
Trist wrote:
^_^ Awesome! I'll pose and everything.

My brother said something about making a pair of plastic-y bugnuks for me for my cosplay. I hope he does it and gets it done in time! :D

Now I just need to get the coat - I'm pretty sure that's all that's left.


awwww man that totally makes me want to cosplay as Aya but unfortunately I just don't have time to make the cosplay with all the other work I am doing.....Aya will be going on my list though....


Aw. The world needs more Weiss cosplay. It's understandable, though - I'm going as Ken primarily because I found that I already had most of the costume elements from other cosplays xD

(In other news, I found the perfect coat on eBay, and bid on it.. *crosses fingers*)

User avatar
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Essex Jct, VT

Postby XxShugoTenshixX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:28 pm

(All that quoting will get big real fast, haha)

I have stuff that would resemble one of Omi's outfits from hanging around the flower shop, but not assassin gear (I have the boyshorts, shoes would be easy, but that whack suspender stuff? What the heck?). D: I'm also low of time to make a new outfit, but my goal right now is to work on re-vamping or atleast slightly improving the cheerleader outfit so I can be a better mascot! :D
Last edited by XxShugoTenshixX on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Postby pettruchio » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:49 pm

You don't need to improve your mascot status....we already love you!!!!!! You will always be our mascot! If I didn't have staff stuff I would totally be able to throw together an Aya outfit....his really isn't difficult/....but I refuse to cut my hair and wigs are not fun for me.....and Asuka is still not drawing herself so I will put it off until later...I will be going as a staff member as well this year. (I was planning on K because it would fit my security status but I don't have the cash to bleach my black hair so I gave up on that idea.)

Oh well....I shall just put all these ideas on my to do list for the future.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

User avatar
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am

Postby Trist » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:35 am

I went as Flowershop!Omi at PortCon the year before last :D But when I went to the mall for food, someone asked me if I worked there (at the mall) D:

My Ken cosplay is so far composed of only one bought item (the coat)... the rest is a pair of jeans I own for myself, an orange sweater from my old Hisoka (Yami no Matsuei) cosplay, and... I'm sure I have a black shirt here somewhere! My only problem is that my hair's a bit longer than Ken's (it's getting on to shoulder length here ==; ). Ah, well - I don't have time to get it cut, so I'll just go as Ken-after-a-half-year-of-no-haircuts. XP

User avatar
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Postby pettruchio » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:42 am

Lol...I am sure that will be fine.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

User avatar
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:48 pm
Location: PA

Postby Xailyn » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:54 am

bedhead wrote:Wow thats a lot of cosplay XD

Scarfs?


Of course! It's all for your protection! As long as you wear them properly!

(I can tell you the details if you send me a message ;D )
Bakuretsuecon 07: SakuBo, Zexion, and Teru Mikami...And a last minute Mello...

Because All Cons Need a little Mello

Image

User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:12 pm
Location: Central MA. (Woosta.~)

Postby Xorlia » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Scarves indeed. ;D

kukuku.
PortConMaine 2007: Larxene
BakuretsuCon 2007: Larxene and Atoli
PortConMaine 2008: Larxene, Atoli, Hitachiin Hikaru, Lavi

MOYASHI. >;D

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest