Hilarious (but unlikely) event ideas

What's on tap? Planning is already moving along.

Hilarious (but unlikely) event ideas

Postby RageGlitch0 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:11 pm

This is just a random thread that I suddenly felt like starting. Just post whatever event you want to see, no matter how outlandish or insane (remember, we're anime fans/con-goers, so insane is a common term) and maybe we can tie down the con staff and force them to do it!!!

My vote goes to a room dedicated to glomp fests! Someone must dress-up as a character that everyone knows and loves. Then, we place a sign out the door that says "Free Glomping Inside" and just wait...

Also, I'd recommend padding the stage. I learned from my first con (2007) that glomping is not always safe :shock:
If someone had told me that a plunger could be dangerous, I would've laughed...would've

Postby Luinta » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:38 pm

I'd pay to glomp Puchus!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Re: Hilarious (but unlikely) event ideas

Postby pettruchio » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 pm

RageGlitch0 wrote:...maybe we can tie down the con staff and force them to do it!!!

I am not sure I like this idea.....tying down the con staff would make it very hard to run the convention.

However I think everyone should put down what they would love to see. That is how we learn what it is you guys want at the convention!!!
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby Luinta » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:51 pm

Now they had this at the Tech Center's end-o-year blowout once: It was an inflatable Joust arena with inflatable jousting lances. Perfectly safe way to beat on each other! It had helmets and everything!
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby D-Maxwell » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:09 am

i would be up for that =p
its just like the idea i had at the old supermartket i used to work at...but we had shoping carts and mops
Co-Founder Evil Equal Opportunity Employer

If someone tells you that everything is possible, ask them how you slam a revolving door.

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a day...
Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life

Postby Luinta » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:18 am

Just remember, no hidden ninja in the boppy thingys! We lose too many good ninja that way... XD

Postby zcat68 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:39 pm

Let's make a fansub!

*Ducks*
"I thought clowns made everyone else laugh?" Kurama

Postby Luinta » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:14 pm

Funny you should mention that... see me and a friend already have plans to make a Higurashi centered Fandub, like the Ranma centered S.T.E.A.M. movie that NoNDE did.

we're already getting a story worked on. After that, we jsut need to get a cast. We have the basics that'll let us dub, and add music, and re-edit the scenes. Hell, NoNDE started out with 2 VCR's! XD

One of the main running jokes is to have 2 of the people jsut sitting and watching TV while all the movie happens behind them. One of the things they see on tv, is a bad amv using Death Note scenes with the" what if God was one of us" chorus! XD And a commercial for the Youth Suicide League of Hanamizawa!

Postby Luinta » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:48 am

I've been hit by brilliance!

We have six people do Kira (not light... XD) cosplays and initiate...

KILLACON!!! XD It would start at the same time as Baku. Every Kira (in their spare time) would start digging up dirt on the other Kira's and write the real name (not badge name) of the other Kira's in their own Death Note. Various Kira's could also have their own Misa's running around talking to the friends of the other Kira's!

since the hotel has a couple of computers for public use, and wireless service in all the rooms, the Kira's could even go online and look up various screen names that the other Kira's have used on various site/forums. That way it'd be as much about leaving no trace, as getting the info on the other Kira's!

The reasons for having only 6 official Kira's running around is 2-fold:

First, there can only be 6(active) Death Notes in the human world at any one time. Second, a smaller number makes for a better game, without needing to spend every con-giong moment looking at the info for dozens of Kira's.

There could even be a prize at the end!

Obvious rules would apply though:

1.) Though shalt not go through the personal belongings of any one, be they Kira or others.

2.) Though shall have only one (1) Misa/Mikami (female/male friend) helping to search for info on the other Kira's.

3.) Like the real thing, all Misa/Mikami helpers must remain true to their respective Kira! Misa and Mikami both worship Kira, and would NOT bail for a poser Kira.

4.) No hacking! Bank records may be a great way of getting a real name, but thats illegal! Kira seeks justice! (Plus not everyone has the skills to hack...)

5.) SLEEP! Do not try to get the edge by staying up all night both nights. The body needs sleep! Plus, L could be right on your tail and you need all the concentration sleep will give you!

6.) Be a good sport. It's just a game after all! XD

**EDIT** (Just thought of a what it you already know a name scenario)

7.) Should two (2) of the Kira's happen to know each other already, then they become a Ryuzaki/Light team, with no Misa/Mikami support.

Well what do ya think?! XD I love it!

Postby RageGlitch0 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Creativity strikes you in interesting ways...Kiiiiiiira

I think It'd be a really cool idea, but I'm not sure how we'd choose the Kiras considering how any public notification would lead to leaks in info.
If someone had told me that a plunger could be dangerous, I would've laughed...would've

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:28 pm

But those leaks in information could get to the Misas and make for some interesting fun.

Postby Luinta » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:56 pm

Well, normally I'd say just PM whoever thought of it, but I wanna be a Kira too, so that won't work. We'd have to find a con staff that would want to be the Ryuk/Watari figure and moderate the whole thing.

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Someone fair, with no affiliation to any of the players...

Postby Luinta » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:42 pm

Right. That would be the point of using Con Staff, but then again, some of us know the staff. Oh well, I guess it would all depend on if this idea even got off at all! XD

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Hopefully it does, its a really good idea. *smiles*

Next

Return to 2008 Planning