Cosplay Chess

What's on tap? Planning is already moving along.

Postby Endless » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:35 pm

So cosplay chess at AB was cool, but I didn't like how it kinda turned into a free for all at the end. Like it turned out funny, but just I dunno, weird. lol.
I enjoy it when there is one piece taking the other and there is a whole battle scene. That is pretty cool =) However I like it when they are more dramatic and not just a quick death.
( The L there getting pantsed was really kind of funny too =X hahah )

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:37 pm

What about who getting the loss of what?

Postby pettruchio » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:39 pm

I agree....the free for all was a little overboard. I don't think we would be doing that considering the nature of our ideas....Endless, I talked to you on Sunday about our ideas but they aren't solid yet so i don't want to put them up on the forums yet.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby Luinta » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:39 pm

So L (or so she says) likes death... Me thinks Kira hinds among us in obvious places...

If wee're in the Near/Mello phase, that would make L...

*runs*
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Endless » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:49 pm

pettruchio wrote:I agree....the free for all was a little overboard. I don't think we would be doing that considering the nature of our ideas....Endless, I talked to you on Sunday about our ideas but they aren't solid yet so i don't want to put them up on the forums yet.

Yah. I am glad we won't be going for a free for all. Though it did mix things up a bit. I have a question. . .oh I'll PM it to you =X

Bakuretsu Con Staff
Location: The end of time and space, where only the lost may tred

^_^

Postby Shadow_Requium » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:22 am

So, for the theme... what would everybody like to see? I have one idea, but I'd like to get your guys imput too!
Costumes
2003 Riku, FFX – Baku
2005 Mahou - Baku
2007 Tutu, Princess Tutu – Baku
2009 Chi, Chobits – Baku / Dia, Shugo Chara – AAC
2010 Ranma, Ranma ½ - AB
2011 Lucy, Fairy Tail – AB
2012 Zelda, Skyward Sword - AB / TARDIS, Doctor Who - Otakuthon

Postby Luinta » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:03 pm

I think it's only fitting we do a Death Note theme on one of the sides. It's already all over the forums! XD

Yup, Chief Yagami and the task force (Matsuda, Aizawa, Ide, Mogi, I'm sure there are four others around at some time or other)) could be pawns and the Shinigami Ryuk and Rem could be Rooks, Light and L would be King and Queen (L haveing access to all the police gives him freedom of movement...and a giant boomerang XD, while Light was take things one step ata time to ensure he is not revieled as Kira). sidesteping eachother and whatnot, Misa and Mikami would be knihgts. Finally Mello and Near would be Bishops.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:27 pm

It makes sense...*looks around* I swear I had nothing to do with the Death Note everywhere thing...

Postby Endless » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Luinta wrote:I think it's only fitting we do a Death Note theme on one of the sides. It's already all over the forums! XD

Yup, Chief Yagami and the task force (Matsuda, Aizawa, Ide, Mogi, I'm sure there are four others around at some time or other)) could be pawns and the Shinigami Ryuk and Rem could be Rooks, Light and L would be King and Queen (L haveing access to all the police gives him freedom of movement...and a giant boomerang XD, while Light was take things one step ata time to ensure he is not revieled as Kira). sidesteping eachother and whatnot, Misa and Mikami would be knihgts. Finally Mello and Near would be Bishops.

I may be a little biased but I really like this idea as well. Though I think that they already have an idea relatively planned out, I definitely think a Death Note side could be super amusing. Luinta, you really put some thought into that and I think it works perfectly =D haha But yah, Death Note kinda has taken over so it would make sense XD hehe

Postby Luinta » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:20 pm

Actually, like all my good ideas, it came right off the top of my head! XD

I almost made L and Light Knights, but remembered that they really NEEDED to be the King and Queen.

XD

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:34 pm

*laughs* Oh noes! The yaoiness! the Yaoiness!!!

Postby Endless » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Hug Me! wrote:*laughs* Oh noes! The yaoiness! the Yaoiness!!!

Not really. They just are at the head of the operation so it would fit. Nothing yaoi about that.

On the Forums 24/7

Postby Hug Me! » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:10 pm

Ahh...*sads*

Postby Gene_Starwind_ » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:20 pm

Endless wrote:So cosplay chess at AB was cool, but I didn't like how it kinda turned into a free for all at the end. Like it turned out funny, but just I dunno, weird. lol.
I enjoy it when there is one piece taking the other and there is a whole battle scene. That is pretty cool =) However I like it when they are more dramatic and not just a quick death.
( The L there getting pantsed was really kind of funny too =X hahah )

That was Entirely Scripted. It was different this year from usual. Usually, there is a "Battle Royale" for all of the Pieces remaining on the Board at the end after the Checkmate. They usually happen one at a time, each side having one piece killing a piece on the other side. As for having Death Note be one Side, I would have to say that it would probably depend on who signs up for the Chess. It would not be a good Idea to just Announce that those would be your Pieces and Assume that Cosplayers will just Magically show up in those Cosplays in time for the Chess. It would also be a good Idea to have Alternates if enough people sign up, as not all of them will make it to the Chess. Would you like me to see if I can get you in touch with Ada, the Director of AB's Cosplay Chess? She may be able to help you set up the Forms and Planning. Also, let me know as soon as you get the Sign Up Forms up. I want to Sign Up!
Meow!

Bakuretsu Con Staff
Location: The end of time and space, where only the lost may tred

AB

Postby Shadow_Requium » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:36 pm

I actually shadowed Ada at the AB cosplay chess. It was enlightening... I'm still working on the rules and how to make it fit Baku. The sign up will be online soon. I'm in the middle of exams and essays (stupid college) so it'll take me a bit longer to get everything set up. Gomen.

If you are sure you want to be in it you can send me your info in a pm. Such things as name, character, age, email, experiance, etc. Though I'll have you read through the rules and everything once their up. ^_^
Costumes
2003 Riku, FFX – Baku
2005 Mahou - Baku
2007 Tutu, Princess Tutu – Baku
2009 Chi, Chobits – Baku / Dia, Shugo Chara – AAC
2010 Ranma, Ranma ½ - AB
2011 Lucy, Fairy Tail – AB
2012 Zelda, Skyward Sword - AB / TARDIS, Doctor Who - Otakuthon

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Planning