Guest Suggestions

What's on tap? Planning is already moving along.
Have Bat will travel

Postby blcdude » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:42 pm

I'm aware I'm a bit late to the game here (just joined today), but I suppose I'll post someone as well.

Adam Warren might be an interesting guest. Best known for his adaption of Dirty Pair.

That said, to look at VAs... several great ones have been mentioned already. Another I could suggest is Kira Vincent-Davis

That said, I am not overly picky at all. Whoever is a guest will ultimately be fine with me. Bakuretsu Con '08 is going to be the first anime convention I go to, so it'll all be new to me.

Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson

Postby Tomukun » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:31 pm

I posted the same suggestion in another thread but I really want to make it known that Arin Hanson, better known as Egoraptor, is willing to be a guest this year for BakuCon.

If you don't already know about Egoraptor check out his site http://www.egoraptor.net and make sure you also see his video game inspired flash animations: the "Awesome" series Here's a link to his most recent.
-Con Staff/Video Game Tournament Coordinator
Tomu

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:55 pm

Ooh, I vote yes. *smiles*

Have Bat will travel

Postby blcdude » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Egoraptor wouldn't be my first choice- nothing against the Awesome animations or anything- but I personally would prefer someone more involved in anime.

Postby Luinta » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:40 am

I still vote for the impossible, IE: Utada-sama! XD

She was (I believe) a Voice actress for the Japanese (original) Black Jack, and has done work with Japanese game (namely the KH series), and is fluent in English.

Although I'm pretty sure that a star of that caliber would be either as impossible to track down as Aeris in disc2 (XD), or as impossible to afford as the Villa on the first trip to Costa De Sol! (XD again)

Yes, I'm playing though VII ...AGAIN! XD This is my... 20-something-th time. (I lost count after 12)
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Hate to keep harpin' about this, but...

Postby Tomukun » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Just listened to a radio show that David Hayter appeared on... he quoted Egoraptor's Metal Gear Awesome cartoon... Imagine for me if you will David Hayter and Arin Hanson at the same con. Both fans of each other and they will bring in plenty of their own fans and a great vibe to the con. Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nij7QqA_vc

PLEASE CAN WE?!?!?!
-Con Staff/Video Game Tournament Coordinator
Tomu

Postby Rem » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:30 pm

My vote goes to Yuri Lowenthal~
ZOMGWHOA

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Re: Hate to keep harpin' about this, but...

Postby Momiji-k » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Tomukun wrote:Just listened to a radio show that David Hayter appeared on... he quoted Egoraptor's Metal Gear Awesome cartoon... Imagine for me if you will David Hayter and Arin Hanson at the same con. Both fans of each other and they will bring in plenty of their own fans and a great vibe to the con. Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nij7QqA_vc

PLEASE CAN WE?!?!?!

I don't think I have to say it, but I have been wanting David Hayter for years...... all I can say is keep wanting.. :(

I have contacted his talent agency in the past and he wasn't even doing conventions because of his work with Hollywood movies. Maybe he would be available now but at this point I think trying for 2009 would be best.
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Re: Guest Suggestions

Postby Hug Me! » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:40 am

I think Mookie would be a good guy to invite. . . He is really nice and fun. (And likes the kitties which could stay near buy in an apartment. . . )
Comiket51 1999
Bakuretsucon 2006
Bakuretsucon 2007 Volunteer
Anime Boston 2008
PortconMaine 2008
Otakon 2008
Bakuretsucon 2008 Artist
Anime Boston 2009-Tech Staff
Otakon 2009- Main Events Staff
Anime Boston 2010- Tech Staff

Postby kibakesticles » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:01 pm

I know Chris Patton has been mentioned, but he just told me personally that he would go if invited, and he encouraged me to suggest he be invited. Same thing with Kyle Hebert, but he's not sure if he can make it yet.
I am way too lazy to think of a good signature.

Postby pettruchio » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:13 pm

I don't know who Kyle Hebert is.....*goes to look him up.....ok i would vote for him as well!!!
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby jashiwi » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:35 am

IF there was a way we could get the voice actor for Touga Kiryu, From Rev. Girl Utena; I would die a happy 'bishounen-fan girl.' ';)

Postby XxShugoTenshixX » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:41 pm

A long shot for 2009 maybe, but Kevin Conroy ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0175834/ ) ? Not anime, exactly, but this man is a legend.
Stacey
Convention Sales Manager
Bakuretsu High Cheerleader

Postby Nagasarete » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:35 pm

I think a great guest would be Patrick Macias.
He is the main guy from Otaku Usa and has been involved in a lot of other things with anime reviews and so on.
I got a chance to meet him at the New York Anime Festival last December, and he was fun, made me laugh and seemed very knowledgeable.

That's my thoughts.
Series I would recommend: Ai Yori Aoshi, Ef - Tale of Memories, Ugly Yet Beautiful World, Shakugan No Shana, Shuffle!, Suzuka, Ranma 1/2 (classic), Evangelion (classic), Bubblegum Crisis NOT THE 2040 VERSION, the ORIGINAL!

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby Momiji-k » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:10 pm

kibakesticles wrote:I know Chris Patton has been mentioned, but he just told me personally that he would go if invited, and he encouraged me to suggest he be invited. Same thing with Kyle Hebert, but he's not sure if he can make it yet.

We already invited Chris Patton once, it didn't work out. If Chis wants to show up on his dime I will gladly reimburse him, otherwise we can't take a chance on that one. I know he has health problems which often cause him to cancel an appearence (which is understandable) but we can't be left holding the bag like that again. It made me really sad, I loved his work in Full Metal Panic. If you really do know him and he wants to come to Bakuretsu Con tell him to contact me and we will talk.

Kyle Hebert is a possibility. We are working on several guests (still!) and they will either be confirmed or fall through very soon. Then we will go from there.
Valerie Tatro
Former Bakuretsu Con Chair
2002-2011

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Planning