Suggestions for 2008

What's on tap? Planning is already moving along.

Postby pettruchio » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:42 am

I don't think that would be a problem. Lets see I entered 3 plack and white and 1 color I think.....but that was 3 years ago as well.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Postby Luinta » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:45 am

Yeah, I had a Neko-jin CG render, and a Sorrowful one, and I'm working on a couple Tribute Sletches for the color section, and I;m thinking of doing a B&W piece, but I may only be able to get one of the tribute pieces dome by Baku.
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby Endless » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm excited to see the artwork. I didn't see any last year. . .I was new to the con and guess I didn't know where to look. I'm sure you guys'll direct me in the right direction when the time comes =D

:: is super excited :;

Postby Luinta » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:46 pm

If I'm not mistaken, its usually held in the Dealer's room on Saturday, right? It's been there the last 2 years. (being that I've only been here that last 2 years, I'd only know it for those ones. XD)
If I said that I never feared the Darkness, but indeed welcomed it, would you still love me...

Postby pettruchio » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:11 pm

We hang it in the dealers room to the left as you enter. The gallery is out Friday, Saturday and Sunday until people pick up their artwork. When they come for their artwork the information desk attendant will go collect the artwork and return it to the owner.

Postby ~Riku~ » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:03 pm

So as far as artwork catagories go is it Color/CG and B&W-with any medium falling in those three groupings?
This will be my first time entering an art contest so I'm pretty new to it XP
I expect that it all needs to be kept PG? (Just wondering since some of the galleries at AB were definately not!!)
Danke
There's more to a heart than just anger or hate. It's full of all kinds of feelings. Don't you remember?

Postby pettruchio » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:09 am

Yes pg rated. We display these in the dealers room for everyone to see and we have many younger people attending the con as well as adults....so we want to keep it as pg rated as possible.

Postby Luinta » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Does that mean that Blood would have to be kept to a minimum? One of the Color Sketches I have planed involves a famous Death Scene, and I just want to make sure I stay within the rules.

Postby pettruchio » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:25 pm

Actually there really hasn't been a limit on blood in the past. I have seen some pretty bloody artwork up there so I think the pg rated goes more toward nudity....but I will get clarification on this since your questions are beyond my scope of knowledge.....

Postby Luinta » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Thanks. Unlike the famous scene, I was going to add a more realistic depiction of the blood that would/should have been there. But if there's a limit of some sort, I'd tone it down.

I just like to ask these kinds of questions before making a sketch. The one I'm thinking of, is actually being made specifically for show at Baku, and therefore will not even be posted on my DA page until after Baku's over! XD I believe you know which one I'm referring to... XD

Postby pettruchio » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:43 pm

Yeah I know which one you are referring to and I can't wait to see it. I will find out for you by this weekend and Post by next Wednesday at the latest!!

EDIT: Just for everyone's information I got clarification on the rules for violence and nudity. Everything needs to be pg rated. Blood is ok as long as it is not going to give children nightmares from the gore. Think Freddie Kreuger....that is too much blood.

any nudity has to cover the important parts. When discussing this we brought up a Ken doll and said something like that would be ok. A woman covering her chest with her arm or hands would be ok. But outright nudity is not allowed.

hope that helps!!

Postby sephygoth » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:11 pm

cant wait to see the art as well.
I think many of us are interested in showing off stuff. I do have an idea that might not fly far, have select ppl that supply art show/galley peices to help donate pics for the booklet and program guide ^^ let a few ppl have their peice in showing off in permanent ink heeee.
I'm hoping more dealers pop by as well. Even just gaming stores if need be, a majority of us do like a CCG or 2

Postby Luinta » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:18 pm

So when you say "Ken doll" you mean an artistic blank? As in no genitals and (on women) no nipples, right? It's a concept used in many anime, and if you remember, the Fullmetal Alchemist movie. This is the final question I think I'm going to have in these regards. And it's really only minor details.

On the Forums 24/7
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont (Above the republican bar. . .)

Postby Hug Me! » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:22 pm

*Cough* Why do you know that?

Postby Luinta » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Because I'm an artist.

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Planning