3rd Baku Yard Sale

Major Events, Chairty Auctions, Tournaments, Game Shows, Cosplay events, etc!
Bakuretsu Con Staff

3rd Baku Yard Sale

Postby davenfonet » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 pm

The Baku Yard sale is back this year, and it is bigger and better than ever.

First off the Baku Yard sale is a place for you to get rid of unused or unwanted nerd merchandise and make some money while doing it.
So basically you can bring in unwanted pieces of fandom to sell, old video games, DVDs, tapes, manga, posters, trading figures, comics, etc. You cannot sell bootlegs, if you are unsure as the organizer to take a look (we don’t want you to liquidate your bootleg DVD library)

We will have one of the ballrooms for use so we can have more people in at any one time, we can also have more sellers. So we’ll have 15 spots open initially, and we might have more open up before the con.

The cost is going to be $12 for a table like area, this nets you a 2.5 hour block of time to sell and ½ an hour to setup. The yard sale is scheduled for late Sunday morning and will be running till about 2pm or 3pm.
IF YOU WANT TO BOOK A SPOT FOR THE YARDSALE PLEASE EMAIL panels@bakuretsucon.org with your NAME, AGE, PHONE NUMBER, and REGISTRATION GROUP NUMBER. PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO PREREGISTERED ATTENDEES.
The ToddFather
---------------------------------------
Co-Director of Programing - 2008
Director of Programing - 2009
Vice-Chair - 2010
Director of Programing - 2011
Director of Programing - 2012

Re: 3rd Baku Yard Sale

Postby pettruchio » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:49 am

Is the yard sale happening again this year? I didn't see any mention about it anywhere on the forum or main site.
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby davenfonet » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:51 am

pettruchio wrote:Is the yard sale happening again this year? I didn't see any mention about it anywhere on the forum or main site.

There hopefully will be one, but the date/time will be changing. More details as I have them.
The ToddFather
Vice-Chair - 2010

Postby pettruchio » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:52 am

Thanks!!

Postby Laili » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Fantastic! I was going through some old merchandise and decided that they can go to better owners than me. I was about to ask if there was another Yard Sale this year.
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Fan. (2010-2011)
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Guru. (2012-present)

Postby pettruchio » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Question about the yard sale: I saw that it was going to be on Thursday night this year. Will there still be a fee for a table or due to the lack of attendees, it will be free to set up for a few hours?

Postby Laili » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 pm

I noticed that too that it was on Thursday, a majority of my group that has lots to sell can't make it until Friday. (I'm about to go and pre-register/get a table) and was wondering about that too with the possibly lack of attendees.
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Fan. (2010-2011)
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Guru. (2012-present)

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby davenfonet » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am

Laili wrote:I noticed that too that it was on Thursday, a majority of my group that has lots to sell can't make it until Friday. (I'm about to go and pre-register/get a table) and was wondering about that too with the possibly lack of attendees.

Here is the deal, Last year a full 1/4 of the total convention attendees show up on Thursday and picked up a badge. 1/4 of all the badges sold where there. We don't have a dealers room and there really isn't a place to put the yard sale where it works for the other parties involved. I haven't decided about a fee.
The ToddFather
Vice-Chair - 2010

Postby pettruchio » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:04 pm

That's awesome that a fourth of the entire convention was there on Thursday. I couldn't stay last year when I picked my badge up so I didn't realize so many people were there.

I just wanted to know if there was a fee and how to request a table, so that I know whether to price the stuff I have for sale or not. Just curious. I know this is crunch time for the staff, so I don't want to bother people.

Postby pettruchio » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:16 pm

I will be there tomorrow selling my stuff. I have a little bit of everything up for sale. Please stop by and see me!!

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby davenfonet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:44 pm

If you are planning on selling in the Yard Sale tomorrow please bring your stuff and yourself to the room 1 hour ahead of time so that you can get yourself setup.

As there should be plenty of space no reservation is required. A fee will be charged based on the success of the event. If space becomes an issue the few people that have contacted me will be prioritized and then it will be a first come first serve scenario
The ToddFather
Vice-Chair - 2010

Return to Main Events