Mini Research for class

Anything That has to do with the Baku-Documentary. If you have questions or want to help, this is the place.

Mini Research for class

Postby pettruchio » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 am

Any and all Baku staff...if this is not ok, please delete or lock. I don't want to do anything I shouldn't be.

I am a Champlain College student and I am using Baku as the subject of a semester long research study that I have to do for class. I would like to interview a few people at the convention, if that is alright, to get opinions on what you like about Baku, why you came (and keep coming back if that applies) and what opinions you have on the group/organization/family atmosphere of Baku. This is for my Organizational Behavior class and I am trying to get a feel for the strengths and weakness of Baku as an "organization".

If you want to post answers to the above questions here, I would appreciate it as well. Also please let me know if I can quote you. I will be quoting as "Your Name, Baku attendee" or "Your Name, Baku Staff".
"Here's another curse for you: May all your bacon burn." ~ Calcifer

Re: Mini Research for class

Postby osurpless » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:03 pm

pettruchio wrote:Any and all Baku staff...if this is not ok, please delete or lock. I don't want to do anything I shouldn't be.

I am a Champlain College student and I am using Baku as the subject of a semester long research study that I have to do for class. I would like to interview a few people at the convention, if that is alright, to get opinions on what you like about Baku, why you came (and keep coming back if that applies) and what opinions you have on the group/organization/family atmosphere of Baku. This is for my Organizational Behavior class and I am trying to get a feel for the strengths and weakness of Baku as an "organization".

If you want to post answers to the above questions here, I would appreciate it as well. Also please let me know if I can quote you. I will be quoting as "Your Name, Baku attendee" or "Your Name, Baku Staff".

Hello pettruchio:

I'll be glad to answer these questions, if only to help more people recognize how great of a convention Bakucon is! Here are some initial answers that I could give further info on at the con itself.

1. My opinion of Bakuretsucon is that it is the perfect example of what a convention needs to be in the ever growing monthly convention circle, mostly because it focuses not just on anime, but video games, science fiction, steampunk and so on. For a smaller con to be this diverse as it continues to grow is a great thing indeed.

2. When it comes to the reason I first went to Bakuretsucon, I came after meeting one of the convention staff at another con in 2009, and being encouraged to check out their exceptional video game variety at that year's forthcoming con. I keep coming back due to the unique events (The Yankee Battle Auction) and diverse video game tournaments (Round Robin fighting games). The panel selection is also quite varied with new and different ideas readily considered.

3. My opinion on the group/organization/family atmosphere of Baku is that the convention atmosphere is rather friendly, even to those not from Colchester or even Vermont. Even though the convention has been going on longer than quite a few cons (10 years?) it still maintains the welcoming atmosphere, be it for first year attendees or those that have been there for 5 or more Bakus'. The staff is helpful and passionate about their favorite interests and always willing to talk about your favorite series or other geek-related topics.

For your consideration,

osurpless
"Oh Please, Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God." Vagrant Story - Sydney Losstarot

Return to Documentary