Greg Ayres Anti-Piracy Panel?

Announcements and details about panels and workshops.
Please start a new topic when making a suggestion.

Greg Ayres Anti-Piracy Panel?

Postby ReiSnatcher » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 pm

I was wondering if Greg Ayres would be doing his customary anti-piracy panel this year?

It's one of the panels I look forward to most at any convention he attends as a guest. It's one of the most informative panels about the problems of bootlegging and piracy within the anime industry.

Re: Greg Ayres Anti-Piracy Panel?

Postby KSeishou » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm so glad that Greg did give the panel about Anti-bootlegging/piracy and all that. It's very important that the anime community to realize that piracy of any anime Material and bootlegged items are whats detrimental to the anime industry.

Postby Laili » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:45 am

I went to this panel last year and learned so much that I screamed in the middle of Montreal Comic-Con when a vendor selling bootleg was trying to get me to buy a Star Trek tricorder that he sold bootleg and I would not buy from him. I then pointed out "Plushies - Bootleg! Those toys - Bootleg!)"

He lost 20 customers on the spot. My sister looked at me in shock. And I smiled and said "Nice try. And I'm not buying that even if it is legit."

Word got around to other vendors with bootleg to watch out for a girl in a blue Star Trek uniform.

And no one bought bootleg that day either. I even had people stop me and ask what was safe to buy. And I stopped two teenage girls while looking over/buying a shirt from buying lamented bootleg posters from the next door vendor.

The more we point this out, then the bootleg will go away!
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Fan. (2010-2011)
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Guru. (2012-present)

The Story Teller

Postby Kirin Folken » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:10 am

Any convention Greg goes to, if he can he will run his Anti-bootleg panel. its a fantastic Panel, and so many people have learned what to look for. The more educated everyone becomes about Bootlegs, the better the entire industry will be.
Bakuretsu Con Pre-Planning 2001
Bakuretsu Con Staff member 2001-2013 O_o
Bakuretsu Con Director of Gaming 2003 and 2004
Bakuretsu Con Vice-Chair 2004 and 2005
Bakuretsu Con Head of Video Gaming 2006-2011 ^_^
Bakuretsu Con Director of Publications 2011

Return to Panels & Workshops