Anime/Otaku Blogger Panel

Announcements and details about panels and workshops.
Please start a new topic when making a suggestion.

Anime/Otaku Blogger Panel

Postby brettchalupa » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:15 pm

I'm not entirely sure if this idea has been brought up before or not, but at some of the cons I have been to in the past there have been panels for bloggers to talk about and discuss the current state of the anime and otaku blogosphere. It's also a way to help promote ones blog and expand their network. Whether the blog they run is a few months old, been around for years, gets a few hits a day or hundreds/thousands of hits a day, bloggers can all relate in someway or another.

Is this idea panel worthy? Are there many bloggers who attend Bakuretsu Con? This will personally be my first year, I am an incoming freshman to Champlain College and searched for local cons in the area to attend while at school and Bakuretsu Con seems to be the biggest and best in the VT area. :lol:

Thanks a lot for any feedback and ideas.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Re: Anime/Otaku Blogger Panel

Postby davenfonet » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:45 pm

we haven't had this kind of panel in the past as no one has volunteered to run one. I'm sure it would go over well even if it was more about the blogs to look out for rather than the act of blogging.
The ToddFather
---------------------------------------
Co-Director of Programing - 2008
Director of Programing - 2009
Vice-Chair - 2010
Director of Programing - 2011
Director of Programing - 2012

Postby brettchalupa » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:04 pm

I would definitely be fine with running it and talking about both topics, the act of running a blog, how easy it is, freedoms, standards, and some great blogs to look for out there. I've never done a panel before, but I've been blogging for over a year at a few different places and since March my own blog. It seems to be an idea where it would require more than just me and my opinion in order for it to be a success.

Bakuretsu Con Staff

Postby predaking » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:25 am

I am sure it would extremely helpful if you showed the differences between good and bad blogs. Another topic that might come up is how well anime/otaku blogs/bloggers are respected by the blogging community. Another topic is guidelines for anime/otaku blogs such as revealing spoilers and/or full plots for anime and/or manga.

Postby XxShugoTenshixX » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:54 pm

Do you think this would couple nicely with blogs for fandom in general like a discussion about how LJ and blogging sites help fandoms connect and spread info? Or would that go off topic too much because of memes, etc? If so, I'm sure there's someone who'd be willing to co-run the panel with you so you don't have to go it alone. :]

Also, welcome to the area in advance!
Stacey
Convention Sales Manager
Bakuretsu High Cheerleader

Postby brettchalupa » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:14 am

Do you think this would couple nicely with blogs for fandom in general like a discussion about how LJ and blogging sites help fandoms connect and spread info? Or would that go off topic too much because of memes, etc? If so, I'm sure there's someone who'd be willing to co-run the panel with you so you don't have to go it alone. :]

That'd be more than fine actually. It helps create a community, which evolves and inspires people. It would be a pretty wide open panel I would imagine. Twitter discussions could also be discussed due to the micro-blogging aspect of it.

Also, welcome to the area in advance!

Thank you! :D

Return to Panels & Workshops