Final Fantasy VII '12 + More Panels!

Announcements and details about panels and workshops.
Please start a new topic when making a suggestion.

Final Fantasy VII '12 + More Panels!

Postby Laili » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:50 am

Hello all! I have been very very busy with work but managed to get time to work on many panels, especially the comeback of the Final Fantasy VII panel.

I have taken all the feedback and applied it to a newly redone presentation! More has been added to it (Seriously) and it's ready to go. And yes, my "oh, it's because it's really old" laptop is fixed, so we won't have any technical problems.

I'm trying to come up with some prizes to give away this year as a giveaway. I would like to stick with two prizes and usually is something with Cloud and something with Sephiroth on it. Wallet is on a tight budget so any ideas for prizes would be great! (And the rules to obtaining a prize has changed.)

We will be celebrating 15 wonderful years of Final Fantasy VII goodness with this said giveaway! :D

Anything else you would all like to see for the panel? I will be submitting it like everyone else on July 1st.

Also, I am going to have more panels this year! Any feedback on them would be fantastic! Here's the list:
The Art of Bento Lunches
Western Influence on Japanese Media

Due to panel limits of three per person, I cut out the writing panel and 5 person team one.

Thanks everyone! I'll keep in touch!
Last edited by Laili on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Fan. (2010-2011)
BakuretsuCon's #1 Final Fantasy Guru. (2012-present)

Re: Final Fantasy VII '12 + More Panels!

Postby KSeishou » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:38 am

I think the team format panel sounds interesting, as well as the fan-fiction writing one. They all sound really good but those are the ones most reliant to my interest. Apart from the final fantasy of course XD

Postby Laili » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:21 am

KSeishou wrote:I think the team format panel sounds interesting, as well as the fan-fiction writing one. They all sound really good but those are the ones most reliant to my interest. Apart from the final fantasy of course XD

Hate to tell you, I had to cancel those two panels. There is a limit of three panels per person. But I'm still on the go!

Postby Laili » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Greetings all. It's been a while. Anywho. i would like some feedback on my panels this year. I am going to see about doing the following for next year when panel submissions are open:
- Bring back Art of Bento Lunches.
- Expand on it a little bit more. Had a great turnout on this one. :)
- Turn the FFVII panel into an all out Final Fantasy panel.
- Reason: I had a VERY low turnout this year. I guess I may have driven some away with the occasional "VII is overrated now" feelings flying around.
- If redone to do all out Final Fantasy, all Final Fantasys will be loved and talked about.
- If anyone wants to, I am thinking of doing a video lecture on the FFVII Compilation on Youtube to discuss.
- Fix the Western Influence on Japanese Media panel.
- This was, and I shall admit, half-@$$ done. I felt like this was my most worst prepared panel. Though many say it's a great idea, I'd like to re-do this panel, expand more on it, complete it (darn work got in the way), and try again.
- To the gentleman who walked in and told me "No, this is better than what happened next door at the other panel," thank you for the fact I didn't bomb it that badly. (Referring to the Panel-That-Shall-Not-Named.)

Thank you to all that attended and sadly, your #1 Final Fantasy guru of Baku did not make it into the official Final Fantast Super Fan contest. :(

Postby Laili » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm getting the case of "panel jitters" again! (It always comes around early spring anyway!)

More ideas are popping in my head for panels. One being VERY important (And it's not Final Fantasy related because I know what everyone is thinking!) because I will be studying in this field and yes, it can be used for cosplay reasons!

(I start the esthetics course at the Continental School of Beauty in Syracuse NY in May. Esthetics is skin-care/make-up practice used in spas, make-up industries, and even in medical practice. So I'll be in the works on that at the time of the convention on getting my license!)

SO YES. I AM COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET IN THAT DEPARTMENT BECAUSE I CAN'T DO IT ON FACEBOOK YET! (Thank work for that.)

One will be a workshop! I picked up a cute hobby that I think a lot of convention-goers may enjoy.

I'll be working on other things too when I get the time, but for now, nothing much is going on until panel submissions are open. Other than researching and getting to work on my new craft hobby and awaiting for school to start (Plus moving from borderline Canada to do so...)... Your #1 Final Fantasy Guru is plotting and will be pre-registering very soon. :)

See you all laters!

Return to Panels & Workshops