Cosplay Contest Rules
Non-competitive Skit or Walk-ons:
- For persons who would just like to have a little fun and get on stage. This category is open to everyone, staff, volunteers and guests. Please fill out an entry form; but check the non-competitive option. All rules apply; please read them (however the costume does not have to be handmade).
Competitive Walk-ons and Skits
- Costumes must be from an anime, manga, or Japanese video game.
- All contestants must check in before the cosplay at info desk (Friday by 7 pm or Saturday by 11 am)
- If are going to be craftsmanship judged: please send a picture of your character to the email address provided below pre-con
- No real weapons are allowed. Plastic ones are fine but you must have them tagged when you arrive at the convention
- No explosives, fireworks, guns, projectile weapons, swords, or anything that might get us killed, literally
- Awards will be given for craftsmanship, best in show (skit), best in show (walk on), and judges choice
- Specify if you are a novice or advanced in your sign up
- If it comes onto the stage with you then it leaves with you.
- Walk-ons have 30 seconds max and skits have three minutes max. Don.t go over, other people need a chance to show their work too. But don.t rush off either.
- Walk on costumes (and those that are being craftsmanship judged) must be handmade!
- Craftsmanship Judging times will assigned at when you sign up. You are expected to show up and be judged
- Walk-ons will be provided music, if you wish to do your own singing/talking/routine then it is skit, and you should sign up as such.
- The Cosplay Coordinator will entertain suggestions for music for walk-ons
- Walk-ons: There will be an .X. in the middle of the stage, walk up the stairs, stand on the .X., pause for a few moments, turn around and then walk off.
- If you have music for your skit please send it in beforehand.
- Your skit.s description/script must be sent to the email provided below.
- The content of your skit is to be kept at PG level; this means no nudity, swearing, etc. If you can.t show your parents, then you can.t show us.
The Cosplay Coordinator has final say in all circumstances and may change the rules at any time if necessary. If you have any questions feel free to email the cosplay coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org