Artist Alley Guidelines
- Price and Table Details - The tables in Artist Alley are 8 feet long and are divided into two spaces each. Each space is $30. At this time each Artist is limited to one space. Each reservation purchased will allow the artist to purchase 2 badges at the lowest registration rate of $40.
Total Cost Space + no Badges $30 Space + 1 Badge $70 Space + 2 Badges $110
- Because of Bakuretsu Con's small size, we want to offer the widest variety of artwork to our attendees. Therefore, we have decided to only offer four-foot tables, and to become a fully juried artist's alley. Please include a brief listing of your artwork (prints, blankets, pins, ect), and a link to examples of your work.
- Check in and Hours of Operation - When arriving at Artist Alley, you will need to check in at the Artist Alley Registration table.
You will need to provide a copy of your e-mail confirmation and proof of identification, at which point you will be shown to your table. Do not setup your stuff ahead of time, space has been pre assigned to you!
Your Pre-Reg Badges should be picked up from Pre-Registration. Artists are required to have their badges with them at all times at their tables.
On Friday the alley will be open at (TBD) for check in and set up.
The hours of operation for Artist Alley Staff currently scheduled for :
Friday 10 AM to 6 PM
Saturday 10 AM to 6 PM
Sunday 10 AM to 3 PM
- Security and overnight - No overnight security will be provided for your table. The artists are responsible for cleaning up their tables at the end of every night. Bakuretsu Con will not be held liable of loss or damage of anything left out at the end of the night.
- Food and Drink - Food and drink are allowed in all of the common areas of the convention center only, which includes Artist Alley. All artists are responsible for keeping their area clean. If your area becomes too messy, you will be asked to clean up. Failure to comply and/or repeat offenses will result in your expulsion from Artist Alley without refund as well as any additional hotel fees for cleaning.
- Electricity - Electricity is available, but Bakuretsu Con cannot guarantee that your table will be next to an open outlet. If you want power, you will be responsible for providing your own power strips and extension cords. Keep in mind that several tables may have to share a single bank of outlets, so we ask that you try your best to make sure everyone who wants power can have it. Also, you will only be allowed one power strip per outlet (no daisy chaining strips together). This prevents overloads and helps make sure we are allowed to use the Convention Center’s outlets in future years.
- Acceptable Items To Sell - The entire point of Artist Alley is to be able to show case your creative talents, whatever they may be. This does come with certain stipulations however. First, it (whatever IT may happen to be) has to have been made by you. If you can go buy it in a store or the Dealers room, it probably doesn't belong in Artist Alley. Artist Alley is not an alternative to the Dealers Room. They cater to two different markets and will remain separated.
Second, it needs to be something you created. If you can make a perfect copy of someone else's work, that definitely doesn't belong in Artist Alley. This is in no way to discourage you from selling fan art (quite the contrary. Fan art is the backbone of Artist Alley. Why else would we all be at an anime convention if we weren't fans of it?), but rather to discourage would be plagiarists. We understand that the line between parody/fan work and copyright infringement isn't always the clearest cut, but we ask you to use your best judgment.
Bakuretsu Con staff has the final word on whether something is unacceptable or not, and you will be asked to remove anything deemed such. Failure to comply and/or repeat offenses may result in your expulsion from the convention without refund.
- Adult Material - You are certainly welcome to sell artwork of a more adult nature, however this is a family oriented convention and there WILL be small children present. As such we do require all adult themed work (including, but not limited to, anything of a sexual nature, extreme violence/gore, and drug reference) be kept out of plain sight, and ID must be checked before allowing anyone to view it. It is the artist's, or whomever is running your table's, responsibility to verify that the person viewing your work is 18+. Failure to do so will result in one warning. After that, any further offenses will result in your expulsion from the convention without refund.
A good guideline to follow is to ask if what you want to show would be allowed on basic cable TV between 12 PM and 7 PM. If the answer is no, then it is probably not going to be allowed in plain sight at your table, though Bakuretsu Con Staff has final say in whether something is appropriate or not.
- Other General Guidelines:
- Respect the people around you. Everyone is at the convention to have fun and a little common courtesy makes that a lot easier.
- Music is allowed, but must be kept at a reasonable volume. Other people are in earshot and we ask that you respect any requests to turn down/off anything that is bothering someone else. Please remember that you are within earshot of panel rooms.
- You are responsible for keeping your area clean. If your area becomes too messy or if it is bothering someone else, you will be asked to clean up.
- Please keep your merchandise and materials to your area. If your property starts encroaching on your neighbor’s space or there are any complaints, you will be asked to move it back to your area.
- Any complaints or disputes should be brought to the attention of a member of the Artist Alley staff. They have the final say in all matters involving the Alley or its artists.
- While in Artist Alley all convention, local, state, and federal rules are in affect. Each Vendor is personally responsible for calculating, collecting, and reporting the appropriate Vermont sales tax on items sold. For information on Vermont State sales tax go to http://www.state.vt.us/tax
- Artists Alley Exhibitors are required to have badges for anyone behind their table! NO EXCEPTIONS! A badge is not included with your table, one must be purchased but may be purchased with your table.
- See rule #1.
Take me to alley registration!